Vaping smell???

Status
Not open for further replies.

evilt34cher

Aug 31, 2013
Mexico
Hi there, since I'm a newbie I have to ask this: Does vaping smell or makes the room or place where you vape smell? And does the nicotine content of the juice affect the intensity of such smell?
I ask this because one of the main good points of vaping for me besides health (which should be more than enough) is the fact that I can do it in my "cave" (room where I work) or in the car with the AC on (Mexicali has 42-44 degree summer days) but I have 2 kids and I smoke but they don't know because I don't want to be a bad influence for them, so the thing is does it smell???:confused:

Leal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2010
Montana
Depending on what e liquid you get yes there is a smell. I vape either unflavored or fruity flavors. With unflavored no one comments on any residual scent with fruit flavors I have had people tell me my office smells good like strawberries or peaches.

Edit: The residual smell is not like the stale ashy scent from smoking.

Last edited:

Ken_A

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2013
Florida
The "smell" depends on the flavor. There are some coffee flavors that smell like moldy shoes. Minty flavors smell like mints, etc. the only way for you to know fore sure how it smells is to catch a wiff of someone else vaping. I vape a wild cherry that smells like the candy. So does my peppermint. My Ocean breeze smells mostly of coconut.

RobinBanks

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2013
Jersey Shore
Yeah, it'll usually give off a bit of a smell similar to what you taste. I vape in my office at work and the worst that has happened is my boss remarked "it smells like cookies in here!" or someone says "smells good in here".

Unfortunately my favorite juice (honey) smells and tastes great while you're vaping it, but apparently not if you're a bystander. I haven't been able to detect it myself, but my husband thinks it smells like cat pee. He asked me to just not vape it in the car .. so I don't vape it at work either.

Mike Sheda

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2013
Tampa, FL
Yeah, it'll usually give off a bit of a smell similar to what you taste. I vape in my office at work and the worst that has happened is my boss remarked "it smells like cookies in here!" or someone says "smells good in here".

Unfortunately my favorite juice (honey) smells and tastes great while you're vaping it, but apparently not if you're a bystander. I haven't been able to detect it myself, but my husband thinks it smells like cat pee. He asked me to just not vape it in the car .. so I don't vape it at work either.

Are you sure it's actually honey in the e-liq? It is from Krazy Kat's E-liq after all :)

Amish Ed

ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2010
Lake Forest, CA
amished.wordpress.com
Yeah, there's a smell like everyone else said. For my wife, some smell fine to her and others she doesn't. Funny thing is, she doesn't dislike any particular type. Some fruity ones she doesn't like, others don't bother her at all. My menthol tobacco doesn't bug her, but orange does. At least the smell doesn't linger for long and doesn't stink up your clothes.

CommaHolly

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Plant City, FL
My pineapple smells like cat pee,,,,,,drives my husband nuts,,,,,so I don't vape it in closed areas,,,

and my daughter has one that smells like cigarettes,,,,,,no kidding.

the thing to remember about smells, though, is that they don't hang around long,,,,,,,,it's not like cigarette smoke that hangs around for hours,,,,,,

I'd say we're literally talking MINUTES. If you vape in the car and someone gets in the car 3 minutes later, I'd say most juices would be pretty hard to smell,,,,,,,but that's my experience.

Thayamax

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 7, 2013
Southeast Michigan
Belgian Cocoa leaves a pretty offensive smell - like old sweat.

Apart from that one juice, I've only ever had positive comments about any residual smells left behind (from vaping, not me)

My fiance has loved the smell of all the dozens of liquids I've vaped in closed areas with him...except for Belgian Cocoa. He says it stinks horribly and even got out the room deodorizer and sprayed the room. He asked me to never vape that in the same room with him again. :(

RoseB

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2012
Washington
My wife thinks that my vape stank so i vape unflavored around her.

Makes it more or a treat when I vape my flavors.

My husband hates tobacco vapor. Says it smells like dirt. I gave up on the tobacco flavors pretty early on. Now my mom (non smoker) likes to sniff my vapor clouds. She's even gotten in my face lol. I just hand her the bottles now and tell her to sniff that.

Butters78

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
San Antonio, Texas, United States
My husband hates tobacco vapor. Says it smells like dirt. I gave up on the tobacco flavors pretty early on. Now my mom (non smoker) likes to sniff my vapor clouds. She's even gotten in my face lol. I just hand her the bottles now and tell her to sniff that.

Lol awesome, I only vape tobaccos so I'm not in a good position heh

InTheShade

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
South Texas
My fiance has loved the smell of all the dozens of liquids I've vaped in closed areas with him...except for Belgian Cocoa. He says it stinks horribly and even got out the room deodorizer and sprayed the room. He asked me to never vape that in the same room with him again. :(

My wife described it as milk left in the truck after a day in the Texan sun.

It's pretty horrible, probably the worst I have smelled. Even after loving the vape and leaving the room and then coming back, it's pretty offensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread