Vaping too much?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JYB84

Jan 11, 2016
Derby - England
Ok so after 38 years of smoking, I have finally quit. It's only been 5 days but vaping has kept me off the cigarettes. My only problem is that I vape so much that today I tried to turn on my IPad by clicking 5 times! I thought to myself what an idiot but I had to laugh. I love my vape.

Hi,

I have just completed my first month successfully off the cigs so far. I have something similar happen to me more so when I've got a really nice flavor, I always feel I am vaping too much but just remind myself it's a lot healthier than smoking.

I have to kerb my vaping while around the missus in the front room as it only takes a couple of big vapes to fill the room with smoke, although not harmful its can be annoying and sometimes make it hard to see the TV! haha.

Also, would like to admit I have tried to vape the TV remote.... I turn my PS4 on and off by pressing the controller button 3 times.

Angel1964

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2016
Alberta Canada
My husband quit smoking with me but he takes champix (called that here in Canada). When I started vaping 6 months ago and we both were still smoking as well, he was ok with my vaping. Never said a ***ing thing about it. Now that he has quit, he tells me I need to quit vaping because it's bad for me. He is also complaining that it stinks. I told him you quit your way and I'll quit my way. I asked him where he gets his information but he can't really answer lol. He's still wanting a cigarette and I just pick up my vape whenever the urge pops up. Considering smoking ruined my health (I had surgery 2 months ago on my leg artieries - they were blocked - 90% caused by smoking), I would rather vape then go through that again. So piss off hubby! lol

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
I look at my vaping this way:
It helped me quit a 42-year habit, (after many failed attempts), and I had no cravings, grouchiness, feelings of being deprived of it, etc. while doing it. My doctor is pleased that I quit, and says my BP is better, my breathing sounds better, and even my skin looks better. Also, I know I definitely smell better! A bonus has been the amount of money saved not buying smokes. An even bigger plus has been that vaping has impressed me enough to introduce it to friends, family, past co-workers, neighbors, and even total strangers who also wanted to quit smoking.

I'll continue to vape all I want now, even though my last smoke was 2 years ago, & I've never had the desire for another one. Why? Because I really like & enjoy vaping very much!

So keep going @Angel1964. Vape all you want to as long as you want to! :)

Falconeer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
Dunoon, West of Scotland.
Welcome and well done you. Me, I'd just take this one day at a time and not worry too much about how much vaping you are doing til you're a bit further down the line - all that counts just now is that you are not smoking...so just do whatever you have to do ( from an ex 50 year plus Smokin' Man like Mark Twain )

Last edited:

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Ok so after 38 years of smoking, I have finally quit. It's only been 5 days but vaping has kept me off the cigarettes.
Over 50 years with tobacco and our governments are trying to outlaw vaping like no tomorrow. CASAA and other great orgs are fighting the crazies (ANTZ = Anti Nicotine and Tobacco Zealots) . All help combating the crazies is appreciated.

Reactions: Falconeer

JDC1958

ECF Veteran
Nov 26, 2015
1st off welcome to the forum!

When I first gave up cigs, I chain vaped on my day offs and would go through 15 to 20 ml a day. Now its more like 8 ml on my day offs.

After a couple of months, things have really settled down and I only go through a lot of juice in one sitting when working on a new coil. A 30 ml bottle last me about a week or more now, depending on if I am building coils or not.

30 ml may be a lot compared to others but it still beats the hell out of the alternative!

Waxxiii

Jan 13, 2016
My husband quit smoking with me but he takes champix (called that here in Canada). When I started vaping 6 months ago and we both were still smoking as well, he was ok with my vaping. Never said a ***ing thing about it. Now that he has quit, he tells me I need to quit vaping because it's bad for me. He is also complaining that it stinks. I told him you quit your way and I'll quit my way. I asked him where he gets his information but he can't really answer lol. He's still wanting a cigarette and I just pick up my vape whenever the urge pops up. Considering smoking ruined my health (I had surgery 2 months ago on my leg artieries - they were blocked - 90% caused by smoking), I would rather vape then go through that again. So piss off hubby! lol

Oh man, my partner is still smoking yet I'm always getting snide remarks when I'm using my vape. "Eww, that stinks! *flaps arms about*", "you shouldn't really smoke that in here. *smokes at window and let's the stink billow in*", and the one that really fires me up, "the *insert crappy tabloid here* just did a study on vaping and it's been proven that it ISN'T healthy."

He is always coming up with information from obviously VERY scientific studies (sarcasm) about how awful vaping is. I wonder why he is inclined that way. He sees that I enjoy something, that it has kept me 100% off cigarettes for two months and his first instinct is to p**s on my parade? I don't understand that mentality myself.

KayP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2015
Gold Coast, QLD, AUS
Oh man, my partner is still smoking yet I'm always getting snide remarks when I'm using my vape. "Eww, that stinks! *flaps arms about*", "you shouldn't really smoke that in here. *smokes at window and let's the stink billow in*", and the one that really fires me up, "the *insert crappy tabloid here* just did a study on vaping and it's been proven that it ISN'T healthy."

He is always coming up with information from obviously VERY scientific studies (sarcasm) about how awful vaping is. I wonder why he is inclined that way. He sees that I enjoy something, that it has kept me 100% off cigarettes for two months and his first instinct is to p**s on my parade? I don't understand that mentality myself.
Throw [emoji90] at him
[emoji12]

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Lova

ECF Veteran
Nov 5, 2014
Finland
@Angel1964 No worries, you'll get used to those little "quirks" that come with switching to vaping. Even I try to check ohms on the screen of my phone if I've vaped recently and just kept my phone in my other hand haha!

Vaping too much? I think no, I go through about 15-50ml a day depending on what gear I'm using hahah!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread