www.google.com
Scissors (Dr. Slick 4.5in)
PhotoPictureResizer_160704_081500271-600x1067.jpg

Reactions: bnrkwest

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
This is everything I actually use to rebuild. Fits nicely in the box my phone came in. The only big clumsy tool is the pliers which I use to tighten a thumb screw on the SV rda deck. When I find another smaller tool to do that the pliers are gone and may be a smaller box will work. The toenail clippers, from FT, have a special blade angled to cut coil wire. I stil prefer to use zip tie cutters when those are handy. I have a 3mm coiling tool but use 3mm aluminum welding rod to position the coil for tightening the leads to the build deck.

20160702_134658.jpg

rebuild%2Bbox%2Band%2Bcontents.jpg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada

davevape55

ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2015
Nevada City, CA.
www.google.com
If not for this, I'd still be using pre-made coil heads and missed out on the whole rebuildable aspect of vaping.
makes it fun instead of just plain old frustrating!
tE8iBJu.jpg
Really like the large magnifier without metal ring around lens. Awesome! Thanks again.

Reactions: juicynoos

juicynoos

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
"Paradox", French West Indies
Just so you know I made a discovery last night about this thing. The lens (it turns out), which I assumed to be made of glass (very convincing). turns out to be plastic. Yep, placed a hot coil on it to allow to cool off as I do with my hand held magnifier and it stuck to it!!!!! chit.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I posted this link in another thread, but folks thought it should be here as well. I got this one off of eBay 45in1 Torx Precision Screwdriver Cell Phone Repair Tool Set Mobile Tweezer Kit, thanks to @oplholik. Nice set for $11 and sure beats the little Allen wrenches.

Glad I dropped this link off over here. I didn't even realize this thread existed and would have saved me a ton of work finding all the little stuff that helps build this stuff.

davevape55

ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2015
Nevada City, CA.
www.google.com
Just so you know I made a discovery last night about this thing. The lens (it turns out), which I assumed to be made of glass (very convincing). turns out to be plastic. Yep, placed a hot coil on it to allow to cool off as I do with my hand held magnifier and it stuck to it!!!!! chit.
Uh. huh.. Good to know. Thanks

Smoke_too_much

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2016
BTW, if anybody has any idea where to get some tiny metric T-handle hex keys, .... so please sing out.

Try the RC car model shops/sites as they use a lot of small hex fasteners. Most are designed to be like a screwdriver with the end cap revolving so that you can apply pressure with your palm to hold the driver in place while freeing your fingers to rotate it. On such small hex screws they usually don't bother with T handles though because there is no need for the torque you would get from one, the screws are too small to handle that. It is the ability to use them in a precise manner that is important rather than applying a lot of torque.

I like this case for e-liquid as it is deep enough to hold both 15 & 30 ml bottles with droppers. Its trays are removable and I can carry it by the handle & store it upright and all the bottles simply sit on their sides.

Deep Professional Organizer - 014710R | STANLEY Tools

davevape55

ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2015
Nevada City, CA.
www.google.com
Try the RC car model shops/sites as they use a lot of small hex fasteners. Most are designed to be like a screwdriver with the end cap revolving so that you can apply pressure with your palm to hold the driver in place while freeing your fingers to rotate it. On such small hex screws they usually don't bother with T handles though because there is no need for the torque you would get from one, the screws are too small to handle that. It is the ability to use them in a precise manner that is important rather than applying a lot of torque.

I like this case for e-liquid as it is deep enough to hold both 15 & 30 ml bottles with droppers. Its trays are removable and I can carry it by the handle & store it upright and all the bottles simply sit on their sides.

Deep Professional Organizer - 014710R | STANLEY Tools
That's an idea. The Hobbie places that sell nitro cars may indeed have T-handle Allen wrenches(small). I will look into this. Thanks

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA

CharTech

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2009
Carolinas
Nice!
I still use 'em ONLY as "wick snippers" lol.
Cause regular scissors do stuff like open vape-mail packages, and who wants to accidentally vape packing tape residue?

I agree.. mine will only touch cotton. Very cool and only $1.28 to my door. Just wondering why the heck I only ordered one. LoL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread