Vaping while sick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NICnurse

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2010
Kansas City, MO
I am just getting over the only bad head cold I have had in 3 years! This one has been a real doozy. Day 7 of it and I have felt pretty normal the past 2 days now. Good news? It never went to my chest! No cough either. I vaped the same through my cold, vaped the same liquid as usual, but of course I could not taste it for about 4 days. It was a little irritating on my throat for a couple of days, but I was also slightly dehydrated from the massive amount of nose blowing I was doing. :(

Hang in there! Others have given great suggestions on different liquids to vape. Or you can just plow through and use your regular juice until your taste and smell come back. Get to feeling better!

rico942

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
Carlsbad, CA
Started feeling early cold symptoms yesterday after a couple of days in Mexico. This has happened 4 or 5 times since I quit smoking/started vaping in May ...

Each time, the first warning signs of illness linger for a day or two, then I wake up feeling fine. So nothing more than a mild headaches and a little throat irritation for maybe 48 hours ...

Could it be that my immune system has recovered somewhat ? Probably ...

Maybe the PG in the juice is actually help to suppress the bacteria before the cold moves into my lungs ?

I'd like to think so, and would love to see an unbiased study on this someday ...

That's weird. I got my first "cold" since starting to vape, last week, and I put cold in quotes because it wasn't the same animal at all. Just head-cold symptoms, didn't feel awful, and most notably - it didn't move immediately into my chest and stay there for weeks with the attendant awful cough.

So I was left wondering - was that not a cold at all, but some other reaction? Was it a very mild virus? Or is there really something that different about me now? Is this what non-smokers have always experienced as a cold? Because it was really no big deal, without the weeks of awful cough and lung issues!

I work with elementary-age kids so almost inevitably will come down with one or two colds a year. If this is all they're going to be now, hallelujah! Vape ON!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread