Vaping with mechs

Status
Not open for further replies.

GillGee

Mar 25, 2017
IMG_0834.JPG
Hi
I'm new to sign up but not new to reading forums ,my main interest is vaping .im a mech mod exclusively kinda vaper. What are your preferred builds for instant ramp up time within .2 ohm resistance ,dual coil ,for mechs ?
Few my builds consist of either
24g kanthal 5-6 wrap
Or
24g SS 6 wrap
Parallel dual 27g stainless steel
Also 26g or 24g ni80 works well too
Simple build on my moonshot in photo this tank still gives me a brilliant vape . What tanks ru blown away by? Just got time keeper mech mod what a wee cracker it is

Reactions: Zutankhamun

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Hi GillGee. Welcome to the ECF.

A .2 Ohms build on a Mech Mod is going to draw about 20 Amps from a freshly charged Battery. This is right at the Limit of what Many single batteries can Safely Handle.

What type of Batteries are you using?

If you are using 20A CDR Batteries, I wouldn't suggest that you build any lower than .25 Ohms.

Last edited:

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
Hi and welcome. I am a mekkie from way back. I moved into them when I got off vape pens as, back in the dark ages, there were no regulated mods offering more than 15 watts of power. I have no favorite mech builds in the .2 range. That is lower than I would build on a one-battery rig, no matter what kind of batteries I had in it.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hi
I'm new to sign up but not new to reading forums ,my main interest is vaping .im a mech mod exclusively kinda vaper. What are your preferred builds for instant ramp up time within .2 ohm resistance ,dual coil ,for mechs ?
Welcome and glad you joined. I vape at the other end of the spectrum. Whatever toots your boat.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
i use efest batteries and their rating says is 35 amps so i do 5 to 6 wraps of 22 gauge kanthal and it comes to 0.2 ohms to 0.19 ohms always. but be careful because for mechs you never now how the battery will work anything wrong and you wont have a very good time :)

Man... Be Very Care using eFest Batteries. And I would Highly Suggest you DON'T Use them in a Mech Mod with such a Low Ohm Build.

WARNING: Efest Purple 35A 3000mAh is now a 10A battery!

I Don't even know if there is a 35 Amp Constant Discharge Rate (CDR) 18650 on the Market?

SK1LL

Apr 4, 2017
Welcome aboard:thumbs:

My favorite right now is a conservative Single coil of 28g KA-1, 7/6 spaced wraps on ≈2.2mm little blue screwdriver, and I don't have to worry about Vdrop anymore :cool:

Definitely ensure that you're using authentic cells and it isn't recommend to push them to their limits as it reduces their life span. There are some great battery recommendations and reviews here on ecf

But if I was to build anything like 0.2 it wouldn't be put on any unregulated single mod because of that:nah:
Voltage under load feels more important than a resting voltage measurement imo. and can dip quite a bit lower:yawn:
Resting measurements are just easier to take and we all want our cells in good health.

....If 0.2 on unregulated was a requirement for some reason I would go with quad KA-1 ribbon .08mm×.01mm 5/4 spaced wraps on ≈2.6mm
Warms up fast and vapes thick, ribbon feels cooler than round to me though
:vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor:

Last edited:

vape factory laisimo

Unresolved Status
Apr 10, 2017
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread