Vaping Zone Concentrated DIY Flavors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johntodd

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2011
USA
Hey everybody; I've got a new recipe, and boy, is this a killer!

This is adapted from the original recipe found on Krit, et al.
All flavors are VZ's SC or Gourmet line.

Cafe Tobacciana
16 drop Seven Star
12 drop Virginia Flue Cured
12 drop TAB
16 drop Vanilla
6 drop Coffee
6 drop Hazelnut
8 drop Bavarian Cream
6 drop Chocolate
8 drop Caramel Candy
55 milliliter Vegetable Glycerin
1 grams Nicotine 100mg/ml

I made subs based on my flavor inventory, and I must say I am impressed, both with the original recipe idea, and my adaptation skills. This is going to be an enjoyable ADV for me. Right now, it's been steeping only a week, and I have a hard time resisting it ... must resist ... urge to vape it ... before it's ready!

Early on the hazelnut blows everything else away. But it will steep back and other flavors come forward.

Enjoy!
-Johntodd

Reactions: Slots

Slots

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2012
Eastern Wa.
Been vaping the Tobacianna for a while now. Although I must mention that the flavors need to be cut down by 1/3rd.
My jaw kinda dropped when I saw your recipe :p Like WOW, how many ml's is he making :w00t:
Now that you recommend cutting it down by 1/3, it sounds a lot better.

I was thinking about just mixing all the flavorings together .... then using that as if it were one flavor, and adding it to the pg/vg, nic base, when I wanted to make a batch.
That way I could adjust the flavoring until I found the % of flavoring that hit the spot.
It would also save dragging out all those different flavorings to whip up a bottle.
Thanks for the recipe, .. I usually don't mix that many flavors together, ... but
This could get interesting :blush:

Reactions: Johntodd

Johntodd

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2011
USA
To me it is a very interesting vape. There is a synergy in the flavors that adds up to a "new" tobacco flavor. And at the same time, I can also pick out the constituent flavors. I'm really liking the flavor and complexity of it. My personal best so far, especially after cutting it.

It's so complex that I get fatigue from it after a couple-few drippers. I'm using a Velocity RDA now, so my "dripper full" is quite a bit of juice (for a dripper).

On the next iteration, I think I will add some AP and EM, and reduce the amount of Hazelnut. The Hazelnut is still just a touch too strong for my liking, and it needs a touch of sweetness.

Enjoy!

Johntodd

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2011
USA
I was thinking about just mixing all the flavorings together .... then using that as if it were one flavor,

Please let us know how this worked out. Since this is going into my permanent rotation, I'd really like to know how many drops of flavor base you use in a given amount of VG/Nicbase.

Thanks!
-Johntodd

NancyB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
AZ/USA
www.davidshome.com
Never tasted a real TAB drink, nor VZ's TAB concentrated flavor, so have no clue, sorry!

I've been reading up on what I've missed the last 8 mos and have been blown away by this latest tobacco (?) flavor mix recipe given - haha - never have I thought to put so many flavors together in a mix! haha but I've just gone through 8 mos with very little money and many flavors which have lost their luster over time - vaping anything and everything I had in my stash as long as it had my nicotine in it that was needed... - now I'm back to all freshly made up juices (about 8 or 10) that are all tasting like their names and I feel I'm in Heaven again! haha

I have learned that (sometime in 2015) Capella flavors are being diluted by someone along the line - instead of 2-3% of my total mix they now need up to 30% of the whole mix in flavoring! Whose messing with those?

How are Vaping Zone's flavors - still strong out of the bottle and great freshly mixed up? and better/mellower after steeping?

Johntodd

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2011
USA
If you guys liked my Tobacco Cafe recipe above, here's my second iteration for those who find the first a little 'heavy":

8 drop Seven Star
6 drop Virginia Flue Cured
12 drop TAB
8 drop Vanilla
3 drop Coffee
2 drop Hazelnut
4 drop Bavarian Cream
3 drop Chocolate
4 drop Caramel Candy
69.3 grams Vegetable Glycerin
X grams Nicotine 100mg/ml (adjust for you)
1/32nd teaspoon Ethyl Maltol

I like this version best. Got a slight sweetness and a lighter flavor that lets everything through better.

I also have this untested third iteration I will be mixing tomorrowL:

14 drop Seven Star
12 drop Virginia Flue Cured
18 drop TAB
8 drop Vanilla
3 drop Coffee
2 drop Hazelnut
4 drop Bavarian Cream
3 drop Chocolate
4 drop Caramel Candy
69.3 grams Vegetable Glycerin
X grams Nicotine 100mg/ml
1/32nd teaspoon Ethyl Maltol

Enjoy!
-Johntodd

NancyB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
AZ/USA
www.davidshome.com
I've found VZ's flavors to be strong but always requiring a steep time even on simple fruits.

Thanks JT, appreciate that. Been a LONG while since I bought from them but liked what I got back then. Now I want to try some custard and a couple others (grin).

Shilo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2011
Here & There
Hey all! So I heard that VZ flavors are better than express.... but anyways, before I was about to buy it occurred to me that easter is coming fast.

Does anyone know if there's going to be an easter sale/sale codes? Thanks in advance.

The super concentrated flavors seem identical to me. The Russian flavors (Bakers) ECX does not have while VZ does even though they are so hard to get. I have a huge stockpile of the Russian flavors as they are among our favorites in the tobaccos and the beloved versatile vanilla spongecake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread