VapingZone VariTube-3 and Vision eGo Spinner VV Devices

Status
Not open for further replies.

sgtdisturbed47

ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2010
The REV3 from 310Vapers (or eGo V6) that I had fell into water and died, so I was in search of a nice tube-style APV with VV and a digital display. I bought the VariTube from VapingZone and the Vision Spinner 1300 mAh from Madvapes. I'm not being paid to make a review.

This will be a fast review because I have Shake & Bake pork chops in the oven. First off, don't confuse the VariTube with one of those Lavatube things. This is more of a rebuild modeled after the SmokTech VMax (same DRO, same "+ -" voltage adjustment with independent buttons, same 5-click shutoff, and the voltage rolls up or down when you go above or below the max or minimum (below 3v it goes right to 6v, and vice versa).

Build quality is great, but the buttons rattle a little. The eGo style recessed space for cones is a nice extra. The batteries are 18350 size (IMR), but it also accepts my AW 16340 batts from my REV3 without them rattling around.

Performance is awesome. 3.7 feels like 3.7, 5.5 feels like 5.5. With my 2 ohm DCT, this thing hits great and provides steady, accurate voltage. The digital readout is large and clear for easy reading. It lacks the advanced settings and features of the ZMax, but its still an awesome device.

Now for the Vision Spinner. The finish on this one is chrome, which I prefer. The dial on the bottom for adjusting the voltage (hence the Spinner name) is clearly marked at 3.3, 3.8, 4.3, and 4.8, making fast adjustments easy. The only other feature is the 5-click shutoff. It's basically a long eGo battery that you can make hit a little harder than a regular eGo battery.

Performance isn't stellar, but its stronger than a regular eGo. This unit is pretty much just a backup device, and it suffices as such. At 4.8v and with my 2 ohm DCT, it only feels like 3.8v or so.

There it is. A quick review. Pork chops are done, time to munch.

Last edited:

HARRIBULL

Sep 20, 2012
Georgia
Varitube purchaced from LitecigUSA 18650 version
:(Pros:
Unit looks great, worked great, Have to cycle the power button very fast to turn on but once you get the hang of it you realize its a smart design to prevent pocket power up.
Cons: Chrome power button is plastic and the Chrome wears off fast..
After less than 60 days unit failed
Turned off on its own (might be a good thing)
Turned on flashes LED with blank screen turns off. Replaced battery same result
power on while holding minus button unit read 9.9 turned off... Tried again while cycling the minus button and got it to stay on now works intermittenly. Tested with known good cartos and other battery. same result.... resistance now reads .2 volts higher on known good carto(s)
Conclusion:
less than 60 days from door to failure... save your money.. for the price of 3 of these units you can buy a variable APV with a life time warranty. Buy 3 of these and you may still need a new APV in six months if this one with its 14 day warranty

Unit no longer powers on at all... not even the momentary flash when you place the battery tube cover on to screw in.
I will buy a unit with a warrenty longer than drying paint next time...
Its a real shame because this unit looks and feels fantastic and the Vape was very very good ...... while the unit worked that is.

Last edited:

sgtdisturbed47

ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2010
After 4 months, it's dead now. It fell quite a few times, and once it fell so bad that the control head came clear off the battery tube, severing the power wire from the battery tube. After resoldering, it worked fine for another month, until it started frying my batteries. Now when I try to screw the battery cover on, it melts the spring as soon as it comes into contact with the negative side of the bottom battery. One fall too many, and now it's a battery roaster.

I'm back to using my trusty home-made Altoids tin 5v mod (dual 14500 batteries) until I can get a nicer VV mod. The EVic looks awesome, so we'll see if I can get that one next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread