Vapor Chef Shmuffer Shmutter Honey Peary Blue Jazzberry

Status
Not open for further replies.

planes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2013
MA
Here is my review of these three liquids from Vapor Chef.

Steeped for 3 weeks.
6 mg nic
50/50 blend
Vaped in a PT2 tank and RDA(with .70 coil and cotton wick.)

Rating is 1.0 to 5.0 in .5 increments.
Flavor
TH
Vape

Shmuffer Shmutter: is a peanut butter-bananna-toasted marshmellow blend. The main flavor which comes through for me is bananna with the slightest hint of p-butter. I can't taste the m-mellow. Very one dimensional but I am drawn to it and will probably finish over the course of a month. Not an ADV for me but am using it about once or twice per week.

Flavor 3.5
TH 3.0
Vape 3.5

Honey Pearry: Pear honey mix. This one is pretty decent on an RDA and ok through the tank. It's a pear but with apple overtones and very mild honey. There is a sparkle to the mouth sensation. Not a menthol or mint but something else I can't put my finger on.
There is a slight candy flavor to the mix.

Flavor 4.0
TH 3.5
Vape 3.5

Blue Jazzberry: A berry mix. I am least happy with this mix from Vapor Chef. I ordered from VC for this flavor so I'm most unhappy with it. It has a very mild and too subtle of a flavor for me of raspberry with natural and candy flavors.

Flavor 2.0
TH 2.5
Vape 3.5

Final thoughts: I was not real happy when I first tasted these flavors. Some time steeping and trying different variations of tanks and RDA's made a difference. I do get a strange undertone to this line which I can't put my finger on. It's not necessarily a good thing but I'm not sure if it's a bad thing yet. Not sure if I will order again from this vendor again but I wouldn't try to talk anyone out of trying VC.

dylanlg2

ECF Veteran
Apr 6, 2013
My-PC
I appreciate the honesty in your reviews.. as I have had pretty bad luck ordering juice online myself, and all the other reviewers only review the juices they love.. and they are tobacco or desert flavors 90% of the time.. -.-

Do you know of a good vendor that has good fruit flavors with no funky undertone or aftertaste, and I HATE any juice that tastes like candy... I like my fruity juices not to be so sweet they taste like candy fruit.. my last vendor was a terrible pick.. funky aftertastes and all their flavors were like eating candy with sugar on top... I just want pretty simple flavors that taste like what they say... if it tastes like candy please let it say CANDY in the name lol. Rant complete.

Last edited:

Newbz

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2010
US
I appreciate the honesty in your reviews.. as I have had pretty bad luck ordering juice online myself, and all the other reviewers only review the juices they love.. and they are tobacco or desert flavors 90% of the time.. -.-

Do you know of a good vendor that has good fruit flavors with no funky undertone or aftertaste, and I HATE any juice that tastes like candy... I like my fruity juices not to be so sweet they taste like candy fruit.. my last vendor was a terrible pick.. funky aftertastes and all their flavors were like eating candy with sugar on top... I just want pretty simple flavors that taste like what they say... if it tastes like candy please let it say CANDY in the name lol. Rant complete.

I too dislike candy flavored e-liquids. Too sickly sweet for my tastes. One thing I've learned after purchasing hundreds of different flavors is that it seems to me that the higher the VG content, the less of the artificially sweet flavor a liquid will have. Also, PG really does seem to me to have a chemical like flavor that can lead to that weird aftertaste people mention.

I had good luck with Vapor Chef for the most part, but I was buying 80/20 VG/PG blends. It's likely that I wouldn't have enjoyed VC's offerings at a 50/50 blend, and I don't like any companies fruit flavors at a 30/70 VG/PG blend. Just some thoughts as sometimes the blend makes all of the difference in the world.

planes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2013
MA
I too dislike candy flavored e-liquids. Too sickly sweet for my tastes. One thing I've learned after purchasing hundreds of different flavors is that it seems to me that the higher the VG content, the less of the artificially sweet flavor a liquid will have. Also, PG really does seem to me to have a chemical like flavor that can lead to that weird aftertaste people mention.

I had good luck with Vapor Chef for the most part, but I was buying 80/20 VG/PG blends. It's likely that I wouldn't have enjoyed VC's offerings at a 50/50 blend, and I don't like any companies fruit flavors at a 30/70 VG/PG blend. Just some thoughts as sometimes the blend makes all of the difference in the world.

Good points. I actually like candy flavors just not ones that are bland. If I'm going to vape a candy flavor I want the taste to go pow which is why I do 50/50 as I want as much flavor as possible.

planes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2013
MA
The best fruit/non candy flavors I've vaped are from Ahlusion but my experience is limited. Though I didn't give VC rave reviews I did give the Honey Peary 4 stars for flavor. Ahlusions apple berry and melon berry splash with a flavor shot are very very good. Though I'm not a fan of the lemon cream as it's a lemon bomb with little cream though that may change with age and the flavor shot may have been to much on that mix. I would give the apple berry and melon berry 4.5 stars on flavor. I'm mostly a tobacco guy but I do like the change ups and the Boba tea from Ahlusion is spectacular and I would give it a 5.0 in flavor.

Newbz

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2010
US
Good points. I actually like candy flavors just not ones that are bland. If I'm going to vape a candy flavor I want the taste to go pow which is why I do 50/50 as I want as much flavor as possible.

50/50 is a great way to go if you like the taste of PG. There's little doubt that PG is better at letting the flavor peak through. For me, I don't care for PG. I'm not allergic as some say they are, it's just really harsh and sharp flavored to me personally. PG/VG blend can make all of the difference in terms of how a person likes their flavors cranked up or turned down. Anyway, great review. It's always interesting to see how when a vendor tweeks their recipe how it changes the flavor profile. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread