Status
Not open for further replies.

muldrick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 30, 2009
Easton, MD
Defender-001.jpg Defender-004.jpg

The Heatvape Defender is a powerful mini box mod that can be powered up to 25 watts. This device easily fits in your palm of your hand and is extremely ergonomic.
Powered by a built in 2600 mAh 20A high drain battery with integrated micro-USB port for easy charging.
The Heatvape Defender supports 0.5 ohm sub-ohm tanks perfectly and is great couple with the Aspire Atlantis Sub-ohm tanks. The device has an innovative two sided thread connector, one side is 510 threaded, the other is ego threaded.

Features:

Patented reversible connector- 510 and eGo Threaded
Spring loaded center pin
Variable wattage from 5W to 25W
Variable voltage from 1V to 8V
Ohm capability: 0.5 Ohm to 3 Ohm.
Built-in 2600 mAh 20a battery
Micro USB rechargeable

Attachments

• Defender-005.jpg
    Defender-005.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 28

billybc96

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
Reno, Nevada, USA
Looks like a good competitor for the eLeaf iStick 30. I've got one of those, but it has a few relatively minor Q&A issues, so I'm interested in the Heatvape Defender as my 2nd mini box mod. Vapor Alley only seems to have them in black though, and I kind of had my heart set on the peacock black one, or even the silver one. Any idea if and when Vapor Alley might have more color options available for the Defender?

muldrick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 30, 2009
Easton, MD
Hi Billy,
I (in fact) stopped purchasing the iSticks.
The reasons to me are obvious, the iStick is 20 Watts and won't accept anything below 1.0 ohm (I think).
The Defender accepts the .5 oHm Atlantis AND goes 5 Watts more.
I see no reason to get more iSticks.

I JUST placed an order for various colors:
Black, Blue, Pink, Peacock and silver.

Hope to have them in a week.

billybc96

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
Reno, Nevada, USA
The iStick 30 is out now. It accepts sub ohm down to .5 ohm, and is a 30 watt device. That is the one I have. It is a mostly good device, but I've had a few minor issues with it, enough that I'm considering exchanging it - but I have no other device on hand that can do what it does, which is why I'm interested in the Defender. I'm very happy to see you will be getting more colors in. That's great news.

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
The iStick 30 is out now. It accepts sub ohm down to .5 ohm, and is a 30 watt device. That is the one I have. It is a mostly good device, but I've had a few minor issues with it, enough that I'm considering exchanging it - but I have no other device on hand that can do what it does, which is why I'm interested in the Defender.

True...but...since I'm an "analog-convert vapist" (as opposed to a "hobby vapist") I have NO interest in sub-ohming.

What caught my attention:

30W-iTaste: 2200mAh

Defender: 2800mAh

billybc96

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
Reno, Nevada, USA
Which I iTaste is 30W and 2200mah? Or are you referring to the iStick 30? I definitely think the Heatvape Defender's 2600mah is an advantage, and I don't need anything over 25 watts in power, even for when I tried near "sub ohm" vaping.

As to sub ohm'ing, it is not for me, but the tanks for it still interest me. I got a Subtank Mini not long ago, using the 1.2 ohm heads on it. It is too hot running for me, with very strong TH, even at lower than recommended wattage levels. Luckily it comes with a good build deck, and I'll try maybe a 1.7 ohm twisted 32 gauge wire build on it - when I get a chance. The Subtank Mini is a pretty nice 4.5ml juice capacity tank, but all its prebuilt heads are unsuitable for very good mouth-to-lung hit vaping, at least for me.

For now I still use the Mini Nautilus with the old style BVC heads. It is okay, but doesn't wick as well as I'd like. Does Vapor Alley have the newer, larger wick hole, Nautilus BVCs coil heads yet? I'd like to get some of those.

For the moment I'm using my mini box mod with the Mini Nautilus (as imperfect a topper as it is), and a regular little 650mah eGo battery with 2.1 ohm iClear 16 toppers (which would be nearly perfect if they held more juice). They are both very similar in relative vape quality after dialing everything in to my tastes.

I run the little iClear 16s on the mini box mod as well. These mini box mods are pretty flexible pieces of equipment. You don't need to sub ohm with them, but you can if you want.

The higher power demands of higher performance vaping make the Defender 25W a pretty good choice with its 2600mah battery, but that is worthwhile for low wattage vaping too. The Defender can go down lower in power than the iStick 30, but I don't need to go quite that low myself.

DaveOno

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
Dutchess County, New York
Now that looks nice. And presumably the thread piece could be replaced if the threads go bad.

Do we have dimensions? What diameter tank can fit without overhang?

And remember gang, the mAh rating is just one part of the device's capacity. The efficiency of the chip plays a big part,as does the chemistry of the battery. Li-po seems to last longer than Li-ion.

I hope it does deliver more discharge capacity. Who wouldn't want that?

Methinks 2015 will be an amazing year for vaping progress.

muldrick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 30, 2009
Easton, MD
We do have the iStick 50 watts on the way.
I'm mostly into RDA and tank, Lemo etc, but do love the vape of the Atlantis on the HeatVape.
For newbies wanting to go sub-ohm, but not build stuff it's a fantastic option.

In which case the iSticks (25-30-50W), Heatvape and Taste 30W are all great options for using standard (non sub-ohm) for battery longevity and sub-ohms like the Atlantis and Kanger SubTanks. A win-win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread