VaporEngine-Free iTaste V3 and E-juice giveaway!

Status
Not open for further replies.

liblue1

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
suggestion for the next contest. So it seems the same people win alot of different contests, maybe one entry accepted a day and past winners should not be allowed in the new one. It's only fair and really, it is starting to look like fixes since the same folks are winning different contests alot. That gives us one post a day or less a chance. just a suggestion for what alot are thinking is a becoming a serious problem.

I think Mike is fair and the contest was run fair....Yes some people are on more than others....And yes there are many contests with different ways of winning.... I must admit I have won my share of contests, because I spend a lot of time here....but I also do a lot of PIF's....I spent a lot of time here before I won anything.....and like Joan said if it was fixed ECF would not allow it to continue.....
I am also sorry you feel that way.....but keep trying and you might win something....

Reddhott

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2011
cartoon land,usa
ive been here a long time and i didnt win anything for a very long time... and i played every contest i could hahahahha......as they say patience grasshopper!!!!

this is Vapor Mikes contest and i believe he is as fair as it gets
vendors dont have to do these contests for us.... its becoz of their generosity that we even get to play any for a chance to win and i thank vapor engine for doing so
whether i win or lose!
:toast::toast:

DocTonyNYC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2013
San Juan, Puerto Rico (and NYC)
suggestion for the next contest. So it seems the same people win alot of different contests, maybe one entry accepted a day and past winners should not be allowed in the new one. It's only fair and really, it is starting to look like fixes since the same folks are winning different contests alot. That gives us one post a day or less a chance. just a suggestion for what alot are thinking is a becoming a serious problem.

For the record, I won Mike's last contest and voluntarily opted out of this one to give others a chance (I wasn't asked to do this by anyone, for the record).

That said, some people win a lot of contests in part because they spend a lot of time entering contests. Personally, I'm not a big fan of contests that let people post constantly (which is a nice way of saying spamming), and I've generally stopped entering those.

I can't help but notice, though, that you're a very new ECF member yourself (welcome, by the way!). How do you know that the same people win all the time? (And I ask that with all due respect.)

Mike--I know I owe you a PM. I am overwhelmed with grading at the moment--it's the end of the semester. Give me another day or two, and I promise I'll get back to you.

wvducklady

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2013
US
I have never thought the games were rigged. I did not win for the longest time. I pif to a friend next town over and now my sister, and soon my other sister when I get ahead. I do not understand how different contests by different vendors could be rigged. I have never thought Mike's contests are rigged.
Reddhott, I agree with you these vendors do not have to do these contests for us, and they do them out of their own pocket and generosity. I have lost way more contests than I have won, and always am thankful for just the chance. I have never gotten upset when I lost. Thank you Mike for an awesome contest! I loved the style you used where we got to know each other and help and get help from each other! That alone was like winning! So, Mike I think that you should make your contest how you want it to be :) I have met so many great people on ECF, and enjoy having the friends I met here! :) Thank you ECF and Vapor Engine, along with all of the other vendors for allowing the vaping community to be able to get together, learn, and teach!

CountBoredom

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2014
San Diego, CA, USA
I'm not sure the intent of the comment regarding the same people winning was an accusation of contest-fixing by any vendor, but just an observation that it seems that certain people seem to win more often than others. And you know what? They probably play/enter more often than others. Just my thoughts....

With regards to how Mike should run his contest, I have to say that I really enjoyed this one. Some other contests I'm in are just the usual, "Post something," variety. This one, however, really kind of brought out where people are in their vaping career, where they wish to go, and how they want to get there. It very easily could have turned into a greed-fest, but Mike made it something more by reading the entries as they came in and just giving things away as he saw fit--and I think that is the key to creating and maintaining an engaged contest thread.

Another thought came to me: I was one of the contestants in the recent Provari giveaway (I didn't win) in which contestants were asked to post once over a two-week period what they did over the weekend. Now, while the winner was selected at random, that didn't stop people from "Liking" some posts. So, maybe another way to keep engagement is to work in some method of measuring the likes given by other people..?

vapour Mike

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 29, 2013
Maui, Hawaii
www.vaporengine.com
You guys are all awesome! I really want to continue the support and contest ideas. Also the theme or discussing vaping knowledge with each others
Unfortunately I have to close this thread. I will be doing another contest soon. I would like to invite everyone to continue on this Journey by staying connected to VaporEngine's discussion, deals, reviews, Thread. Click this Link and let's keep this energy going. I hope to see you all there.

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
Now, while the winner was selected at random, that didn't stop people from "Liking" some posts. So, maybe another way to keep engagement is to work in some method of measuring the likes given by other people..?

No offence is meant at all, however "Like" contest are very much DISLIKED across the board . . . There are certain "Clicks" of Friends here on ECF and some people have gone as far as PM people to have them "Like" their post as a vote . . . NOT GOOD OR NICE ! ! ! :mad: :evil:

The only fair way of selecting a Winner is via Random .org or Magic Hat or as "vaporMike" has done "old school" . . . AND - To make sure everyone knew that it was a fair selection have gone out of their way to post a picture or video of the process as 'vaporMike" did too . . . :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

As far as seeing a number of the same people Win contest after contest, well if Ya' enter as much as they do (including "Me" - I enter a lot of Contest however I am not always a winner either . . .:( ) - then "You" too can Win as much as they do . . . That's why so many people (like "Me") will only enter contest with a limit set on the number of post allowed for the individual contest or Per day/week . . . :thumbs:

Heck, as an example I can tell Ya' of contest where a person only entered once while others entered as many as 50-100 times and the person who only enter the one time WON . . . Matter of fact, 1 winner of this contest only entered 3 times and Won and the other person entered over 30 times to Win their prize . . . :thumbs:

Just Sayin' . . .;)

Last edited:

CountBoredom

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2014
San Diego, CA, USA
No offence is meant at all, however "Like" contest are very much DISLIKED across the board . . . There are certain "Clicks" of Friends here on ECF and some people have gone as far as PM people to have them "Like" their post as a vote . . . NOT GOOD OR NICE ! ! ! :mad: :evil:

The only fair way of selecting a Winner is via Random .org or Magic Hat or as "vaporMike" has done "old school" . . . AND - To make sure everyone knew that it was a fair selection have gone out of their way to post a picture or video of the process as 'vaporMike" did too . . . :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

As far as seeing a number of the same people Win contest after contest, well if Ya' enter as much as they do (including "Me" - I enter a lot of Contest however I am not always a winner either . . .:( ) - then "You" too can Win as much as they do . . . That's why so many people (like "Me") will only enter contest with a limit set on the number of post allowed for the individual contest or Per day/week . . . Heck, as an example I can tell Ya' of contest where a person only entered once while others entered as many as 50-100 times and the person who only enter the one time WON . . . Matter of fact, 1 winner of this contest only entered 3 times and Won and the other person entered over 30 times to Win their prize . . . :thumbs:

Just Sayin' . . .;)

No offense taken. I fully agree that those who enter more contests and more often will also have the higher chances of winning. As far as the "Likes" idea, I was not really thinking that straight voting for winners would be a good option because of the very reasons you stated. However, using the Provari contest as an example, I liked it when people came up with thoughtful responses rather than stock ones. It showed that they were actively engaged rather than just spamming. And it was the thoughtful responses that gathered some "likes," so I thought that could be a helpful way to gauge it. All of this just off the top of my head (and bear in mind, I've only been around here for about a month, so my contest experience is quite limited!).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread