Vaporesso Target 75 VTC - Need help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lindsay_CS

Jan 8, 2016
Hi guys, so I'm pretty new to vaping. Bought the vaporesso Target 75 VTC as my first vape. Was having a few issues at first, mostly because I'm new to this, the instructions aren't as exact as I would have liked, and the guy who sold it to me set it up wrong and gave me bad advice.

I spoke to a more knowledgeable worker at the shop and he told me that it's best to use the Ni200 coil on the temperature mode, rather than the other ccell coil on wattage mode. Since doing so, I must say, that's a noticeable difference! Unfortunately, a few days ago, I noticed that it's starting to pull kind of harshly after refilling. And now, when I take it out to refill, I'm noticing after putting the coil down, that the excess liquid is very very brown. Did I somehow already burn it out??? I switched back to the other coil and set it back to the wattage setting, but I'm confused because now it seems like that coil is doing the same thing, minus the harshness. What's going on??

Kaezziel

Supreme Overlord of Everything
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
howdy! going to tag two folks with those tanks who might be able to help @markfm @Kaezziel

Thank ya, Bruddah DC!

Hi guys, so I'm pretty new to vaping. Bought the Vaporesso Target 75 VTC as my first vape. Was having a few issues at first, mostly because I'm new to this, the instructions aren't as exact as I would have liked, and the guy who sold it to me set it up wrong and gave me bad advice.

I spoke to a more knowledgeable worker at the shop and he told me that it's best to use the Ni200 coil on the temperature mode, rather than the other ccell coil on wattage mode. Since doing so, I must say, that's a noticeable difference! Unfortunately, a few days ago, I noticed that it's starting to pull kind of harshly after refilling. And now, when I take it out to refill, I'm noticing after putting the coil down, that the excess liquid is very very brown. Did I somehow already burn it out??? I switched back to the other coil and set it back to the wattage setting, but I'm confused because now it seems like that coil is doing the same thing, minus the harshness. What's going on??

Hiya Lindsay, and welcome to the family! I'll do what I can to help ya out here.
I've had my Target mod/tank for ~almost~ two months now and have been using it pretty heavily the whole time. The general consensus of those of us who own them is that we like the kanthal coils in wattage mode better than the Ni200 ones in temp mode. For me personally, the vape was a bit weak in temp mode with the nickel coil. With the kanthal coil, I tend to keep the wattage set at around 25 watts with a new coil, and once it's broken in I'll go up to somewhere between 30-35 watts. Just have to play with it a bit, because every coil has slightly different resistance, and no two juices are alike. Kinda have to find your own 'sweet spot'. I'm sorry that I can't be more precise than that, but hopefully it'll get ya in the ballpark.

As for the liquid getting darker... that's going to happen with any tank. It is a combination of things, and you'll even see it happen to the juice while it is still in the bottle as it ages. Especially if the liquid contains nicotine. As nicotine oxidizes (gets exposed to air/oxygen) it will turn darker. Inside of a tank that you are using, the process is sped up by the heat from the coil (heat always makes things oxidize faster). It isn't really anything to be concerned about. But the harshness you experienced with the nickel coil is a different issue. Is there any chance that the mod switched from temp mode to wattage mode? If not, then the coil just may be getting gunky... you can get a little more life out of them if you find a small pill bottle or something, put the coil in it, then pour some pure grain alcohol (I use Everclear, but you could also use vodka) let it soak for a couple of days, then take it out and let it dry for a day or two. Anyway, those are the basics as to what your problem may be. If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask. Either here, or you may PM me if you wish.

Just out of curiosity, what juice are you using? I'm curious as to how sweet it is, what the pg/vg ratio is, what flavorings were used in it... certain things gunk up coils faster than others. Also, what wattage are you using with the kanthal coil, and what temp setting are you using with the nickel coil? These questions might help me to pinpoint your issues a bit closer if the above info/advice doesn't help.

Good Luck!
Kaz

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Hi guys, so I'm pretty new to vaping. Bought the Vaporesso Target 75 VTC as my first vape. Was having a few issues at first, mostly because I'm new to this, the instructions aren't as exact as I would have liked, and the guy who sold it to me set it up wrong and gave me bad advice.

The coils are just gunking up.
Time to replace the coils.

I know; rude awakening$$$.
That's why people end up with rebuildables.

Kaezziel

Supreme Overlord of Everything
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
The coils are just gunking up.
Time to replace the coils.

I know; rude awakening$$$.
That's why people end up with rebuildables.

I'd agree, I've been rebuilding for a couple of years now. But I've been VERY impressed with these cCells. The flavor cannot be matched by cotton or rayon, and the life that I'm getting out of these heads is pretty solid. Easily 2-3 weeks, then soak 'em in PGA for a couple days, dry 'em out, and run them for another week or two. Definitely WAY better than the old clearo heads, and I'd say better than the Nautilus heads as well.

LouisLeBeau

Shenaniganery Jedi! Too naughty for Sin Bin
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
Hi @Lindsay_CS , and welcome to the ECF forums!! You've gotten some great advice so far! Assuming you aren't running the coils too hot or have some other technical issue with that tank/mod combo, you can do quite a bit to mitigate the browning of the juice in your tank.

Coming from the OLD school Vivi Nova tanks (well, before that but I don't want to give away my age ;) ) that were NOTORIOUS for browning juice, to the point of the flavor being completely unrecognizable halfway through the tank, I learned a little trick.

Make sure you are vaping pretty much right away when you hit the fire button. Then, let go of it 4 or 5 seconds before you STOP vaping. That airflow after the current quits, will do wonders for cooling the coil off, so it DOESN'T have all that heat to transfer to your tank. Give it a try, you might find it helps quite a bit. If not, I suspect the coil is running hotter than it needs to, to give you a good vape. :)

Good luck with it, and keep us posted on your progress! Look forward to seeing you around the forums.
wine.gif

Reactions: Kaezziel
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread