Status
Not open for further replies.

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
Wonder where they got the name from..I saw it advertised, and I did a double take, as the VECO name was huge in the 60s and 70s for model airplane parts and accessories such as wheels and fuel tanks, and I thin k IIRC that K&B built a VECO line of control-line engines. Anyway, I think it's interesting.
Oh wow, that's interesting! I always wonder where they get the names of the devices and tanks. Sometimes it's obvious and sometimes I don't get it at all, lol.

aLyr

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2016
European Union
Hello all,

I am using Vaporesso ECO coils and I like them very much.

Here are my devices:

Vaporesso Tarot Pro
  • Estoc Mega Tank since 2016-11-26
  • EUC Ceramic SS coil w/ 0.5Ω preinstalled
  • Set up to TC with 270°C/520°F
  • No need to change the coil to date
Vaporesso Nebula
  • Estoc Mega Tank since 2017-01-18
  • Set up to TC with 220°C/430°F
Vaporesso Tarot Nano Kit
  • Veco One Tank 2ml since 2017-01-03
  • EUC Traditional Clapton coil w/ 0.4Ω preinstalled
  • Set up to VW 22.0W, as the coil is not meant for TC
  • No need to change the the coil to date
No problems with vaping with all of those so far. I love them all.

I expect my two dozens of replacement EUC coils to last until the end of 2017 and even beyond.
(And they were cheapy cheap at that.)

Both my Estoc Megas and my Veco One Tank work very well for me, though they showed a bit of leakage sometimes.

The remedy to this is to screw the bottom of the tanks more tightly, and also to take draws a second longer after the fire button has been released.

I am looking forward to receiving a Veco One Plus Tank w/ 4ml in the future for my Vaporesso Nebula; the tank diameter of 24.5mm would suit the mod far better than today with an Estoc Mega, which must go away, but it will find a good new place soon.
An Estoc Mega Tank with 22mm diameter, though excellent, looks somewhat lost on a Vaporesso Nebula. Thus, I will replace it ASAP.

Anyway, my supplier told me that the Veco One Plus tank will not be available in my country before 3Q17, which makes me sad, having to wait for a long time.

Back to the Veco Tanks in general:

The Vaporesso internet pages will sometimes not give you the information you would like to get.

As to the Veco One and Veco One Plus tanks, I recommend the reading of their user manual to get good data.
Pls. see
http://cdn2.hubspot.net/hubfs/21912...s/veco_one_and_veco_plus_tank_user_manual.pdf

Other internet pages of Vaporesso are pittily not very helpful, though a few of them show some details about available or planned EUC coils. Sorry, that I do not have an internet address available as to this.

Best regards,
aLyr

Last edited:

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
Hello all,

I am using Vaporesso ECO coils and I like them very much.

Here are my devices:

Vaporesso Tarot Pro
  • Estoc Mega Tank since 2016-11-26
  • Set up to TC with 270°C/520°F
Vaporesso Nebula
  • Estoc Mega Tank since 2017-01-18
  • Set up to TC with 220°C/430°F
Vaporesso Tarot Nano Kit
  • Veco One Tank 2ml since 2017-01-03
  • EUC Traditional Clapton coil w/ 0.4Ω preinstalled
  • Set up to VW 22.0W, as the coil is not meant for TC
  • No need to change the the coil to date
No problems with vaping with all of those so far. I love them all.

I expect my two dozens of replacement EUC coils to last until the end of 2017 and even beyond.
(And they were cheapy cheap at that.)

Both my Estoc Megas and my Veco One Tank work very well for me, though they showed a bit of leakage sometimes.

The remedy to this is to screw the bottom of the tanks more tightly, and also to take draws a second longer after the fire button has been released.

I am looking forward to receiving a Veco One Plus Tank w/ 4ml in the future for my Vaporesso Nebula; the tank diameter of 24.5mm would suit the mod far better than today with an Estoc Mega, which must go away, but it will find a good new place soon.
An Estoc Mega Tank with 22mm diameter, though excellent, looks somewhat lost on a Vaporesso Nebula. Thus, I will replace it ASAP.

Anyway, my supplier told me that the Veco One Plus tank will not be available in my country before 3Q17, which makes me sad, having to wait for a long time.

Back to the Veco Tanks in general:

The Vaporesso internet pages will sometimes not give you the information you would like to get.

As to the Veco One and Veco One Plus tanks, I recommend the reading of their user manual to get good data.
Pls. see
http://cdn2.hubspot.net/hubfs/21912...s/veco_one_and_veco_plus_tank_user_manual.pdf

Other internet pages of Vaporesso are pittily not very helpful, though a few of them show some details about available or planned EUC coils. Sorry, that I do not have an internet address available as to this.

Best regards,
aLyr

PS: I hope that people worldwide are able to understand notations of times and dates as defined by ISO8601, which I have been using above.
When contacting me, please use UTC as the proper timezone.
Nothing else can internationally be well understood.

Wow, this is great! Thank you so much for the comprehensive list you put together here. :) How do you like the Tarot Nano? I am considering that mod. Or maybe the Nebula. Or both? :D I have the VECO Plus 4 ml tank due to arrive on Monday. I am so excited it's finally arriving. I have been waiting a long time for this one! I will report my findings next week. :)

aLyr

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2016
European Union
Difficult for me to prefer one over the other.
Both have their pros and cons.

The user interface is the same, as both have the Omni chip. The buttons of the Tarot Nano are necessarily smaller, but I can still press all of them properly. The OLED display of the Tarot Nano has a bigger character size than that of the Nebula, making it more legible, even without wearing my glasses.

The power rating of both mods is about the same with 80W for the Tarot Nano and 80/100W for the Nebula, depending on cell size.

Cells is the next thing.
The Tarot Nano has a built-in cell with a capacity of 2.5Ah. It seems to work quite efficiently, as I did not have to recharge it very often (this is just felt, I have no solid data for comparisons). But if the cell has lost capacity over the years, its replacement will be difficult.
The Nebula can take 26650 or 18650 LiIon cells (adapter sleeve provided). I use both sizes with it in turn, where the Efest 26650 4.2Ah makes this mod a long-time runner before a cell recharge is required.

As to masses including tank and cell, the Tarot Nano is amazingly lightweight at ~160g, compared to the Nebula at ~290g.

Design is a matter of taste. I like both of them.
The Nebula has been designed in California and looks like an improved version of the Vaporesso Target Pro.

How do the mods feel in my hand?
The Tarot Nano has rounded edges and corners which do not hurt. Holding it in my hand, the mod and part of the Veco One tank vanish. The fire button can easily be pressed with the index finger or thumb, depending on how I hold it.
The Nebula is a good match for my hand and fingers. On this mod, they find their place immediately, and the coating of the battery door just feels good. The fire button can also be reached with the index finger or thumb, depending on how it is held, but there is a third way. All fingers on the battery door, the tip of the thumb on the nail of the index finger, and just squeezing a bit. None of my other mods can do this so easily.

As to prices:
I bought the Tarot Nano Kit for ~70EUR (~75USD). A nice price for a kit with a powerful mod, a Veco 2ml tank and replacement parts, and a nice USB cable, which all together is ready-to-vape. Just needed is a USB connector for charging (and liquid, of course).
The Nebula mod alone has cost me ~65EUR (~70USD). The cost for a tank and a 26650 LiIon cell not included, which may then sum up to ~100EUR (~108USD).

When I go out to town, I have the choice which of 6 devices to take along. During the last weeks, I chose mostly the Tarot Nano due to its low mass and small form factor.
Sitting at my desk, I rather choose the Nebula.

I hope that I could help you to make a decision,
but you possibly may have to toss a coin.

Regards,
aLyr

PS: You may want to see reviews of Phil Busardo (pbusardo) on YouTube.

Last edited:
Reactions: cooladdict

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
Difficult for me to prefer one over the other.
Both have their pros and cons.

The user interface is the same, as both have the Omni chip. The buttons of the Tarot Nano are necessarily smaller, but I can still press all of them properly. The OLED display of the Tarot Nano has a bigger character size than that of the Nebula, making it more legible, even without wearing my glasses.

The power rating of both mods is about the same with 80W for the Tarot Nano and 80/100W for the Nebula, depending on cell size.

Cells is the next thing.
The Tarot Nano has a built-in cell with a capacity of 2.5Ah. It seems to work quite efficiently, as I did not have to recharge it very often (this is just felt, I have no solid data for comparisons). But if the cell has lost capacity over the years, its replacement will be difficult.
The Nebula can take 26650 or 18650 LiIon cells (adapter sleeve provided). I use both sizes with it in turn, where the Efest 26650 4.2Ah makes this mod a long-time runner before a cell recharge is required.

As to masses including tank and cell, the Tarot Nano is amazingly lightweight at ~160g, compared to the Nebula at ~290g.

Design is a matter of taste. I like both of them.
The Nebula has been designed in California and looks like an improved version of the Vaporesso Target Pro.

How do the mods feel in my hand?
The Tarot Nano has rounded edges and corners which do not hurt. Holding it in my hand, the mod and part of the Veco One tank vanish. The fire button can easily be pressed with the index finger or thumb, depending on how I hold it.
The Nebula is a good match for my hand and fingers. On this mod, they find their place immediately, and the coating of the battery door just feels good. The fire button can also be reached with the index finger or thumb, depending on how it is held, but there is a third way. All fingers on the battery door, the tip of the thumb on the nail of the index finger, and just squeezing a bit. None of my other mods can do this so easily.

As to prices:
I bought the Tarot Nano Kit for ~70EUR (~75USD). A nice price for a kit with a powerful mod, a Veco 2ml tank and replacement parts, and a nice USB cable, which all together is ready-to-vape. Just needed is a USB connector for charging (and liquid, of course).
The Nebula mod alone has cost me ~65EUR (~70USD). The cost for a tank and a 26650 LiIon cell not included, which may then sum up to ~100EUR (~108USD).

When I go out to town, I have the choice which of 6 devices to take along. During the last weeks, I chose mostly the Tarot Nano due to its low mass and small form factor.
Sitting at my desk, I rather choose the Nebula.

I hope that I could help you to make a decision,
but you possibly may have to toss a coin.

Regards,
aLyr

PS: You may want to see reviews of Phil Busardo (pbusardo) on YouTube.
Thanks, aLyr! I really wanted the original Tarot but I was afraid it would fall over easily, and by reports this proved to be true. Apparently the Nano is a little more stable when you stand it up. I have always loved the Target mods, though (I have 2 of the originals and 1 Pro) and the Nebula's design is definitely of interest to me. I love the hand feel of the Target mods and the Nebula looks to be a little larger, which is great for me. I have long fingers. :) I am mostly interested in the Omni chip! I have read such great things about that chip. I definitely do need to decide which one I want more. Or I need to work extra hours so I don't have to choose. :D I really appreciate your comprehensive reviews. They are very helpful. :)

aLyr

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2016
European Union
Hello cooladdict,

I already envy you for getting your Veco One Plus tank on next Monday. I myself will have to wait a bit longer for it, as I would rather not have to order it in a foreign country to avoid additional costs for importing at customs.

But anyway, I am looking forward to your report about your first experiences with the Veco One Plus, which would suit a Nebula mod very well (mine also, which it is meant for in the hopefully not so far future).

I think that you will go for the Nebula, for its look and feel. However, in reviews you will find complaints about the battery door having just one magnet at the bottom to keep it in place; one more at the top would certainly have been better. But during operation, this is usually no problem unless one forces it to get open by sliding it down.
I like it anyway.

Best regards,
aLyr

PS: During my last years of not having to use the English language, my knowledge of it may have suffered. Just can hope that what I write or say can be well understood, me oftentimes using the OALD.
(Not fishing for compliments; I'm really not very sure any more.)
More as to this pls. via PM, as it is certainly off topic.

Last edited:

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
Hello cooladdict,

I already envy you for getting your Veco One Plus tank on next Monday. I myself will have to wait a bit longer for it, as I would rather not have to order it in a foreign country to avoid additional costs for importing at customs.

But anyway, I am looking forward to your report about your first experiences with the Veco One Plus, which would suit a Nebula mod very well (mine also, which it is meant for in the hopefully not so far future).

I think that you will go for the Nebula, for its look and feel. However, in reviews you will find complaints about the battery door having just one magnet at the bottom to keep it in place; one more at the top would certainly have been better. But during operation, this is usually no problem unless one forces it to get open by sliding it down.
I like it anyway.

Best regards,
aLyr

PS: During my last years of not having to use the English language, my knowledge of it may have suffered. Just can hope that what I write or say can be well understood, me oftentimes using the OALD.
(Not fishing for compliments; I'm really not very sure any more.)
More as to this pls. via PM, as it is certainly off topic.

I do think I am leaning toward the Nebula. I have trouble keeping my mods upright sometimes, which is what has kept me from already owning a Tarot. The less chance of knocking it over the better! :D I also think the larger VECO will look better on the Nebula. Right now I have an Estoc tank on my RX200 and it looks a bit ridiculous. I deal with it, though, because it performs so well.
Your English is wonderful! I'm surprised to hear that you feel you are not proficient. I love reading your posts, and no worries about being off topic. You always provide great insight and feedback in your posts. :)

aLyr

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2016
European Union
Thanks for all of your compliments, though I do not yet know exactly if I deserve them.
I always think that I could have done better.
But moenie worry nie, as people in South Africa would say. I learned to love that country back in the 1980s. But sorry for writing this off topic here.

Back to you, cooladdict:
I think you are on the right way composing mods and tanks. As I am writing this, I'm vaping happily with my Nebula in TC mode @ 220°C/430°F with an Estoc Mega tank fitted with a 0.5Ω SS EUC coil. Thus I'm positive that you will like a Nebula along with a Veco One Plus which can suit this mod much better due to its diameter of 24.5mm.

Oh, my setup has become somewhat warm now, both mod and tank, but I still do not burn my lips; a very nice vaping experience.

Best regards,
aLyr

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
Thanks for all of your compliments, though I do not yet know exactly if I deserve them.
I always think that I could have done better.
But moenie worry nie, as people in South Africa would say. I learned to love that country back in the 1980s. But sorry for writing this off topic here.

Back to you, cooladdict:
I think you are on the right way composing mods and tanks. As I am writing this, I'm vaping happily with my Nebula in TC mode @ 220°C/430°F with an Estoc Mega tank fitted with a 0.5Ω SS EUC coil. Thus I'm positive that you will like a Nebula along with a Veco One Plus which can suit this mod much better due to its diameter of 24.5mm.

Oh, my setup has become somewhat warm now, both mod and tank, but I still do not burn my lips; a very nice vaping experience.

Best regards,
aLyr
You do a great job! No worries at all. Seriously. :)

I got my VECO Plus today! So far I love it. It's much bigger than the Estoc and the top fill and top airflow are great. The airflow is really close to the top of the tank but the large-bore drip tip keeps my lips away from it. I have it closed down about halfway and it's producing huge clouds. It came pre-installed with a .25 ohm coil, which is reading .23 ohms on my RX200. I took a couple of pictures of it next to the Estoc tank for comparison, and a hand check of it on my RX200. Sorry the pics aren't better. I will update in a few days with better pictures, I promise. :D First impression: This tank ROCKS!!!

veco1.jpg
veco2.jpg
veco2.jpg

Reactions: aLyr

aLyr

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2016
European Union
cooladdict,

thank you so much for your first report on the Veco One Plus tank, which I would now dearly have myself very soon, but I'll have to wait a bit as it seems.

Also thanks you for your photos. The first one tells me that an Estoc Mega on an RX200 would really look somewhat lost vs. the Veco One Plus.

Anyway, I have some questions to you.

On the Vaporesso internet pages, I did not find EUC coil heads with a resistance of 0.25Ω.
There, I only found EUC coils between 0.3Ω and 0.6Ω, both ceramic and traditional Kanthal Clapton.

Did you remove the EUC coil head before first use to have a look at it?
What was written on it?
And is it SS316?

Maybe Vaporesso have been somewhat inventive by producing new coils with different resistances.

And which replacement coil did you get in the package, if any?

I see on your first photo that you ran the Veco One Plus in VW mode on your RX200.
If the coil is SS316, I recommend to switch to TC mode for SS, your mod allowing.
Having done this myself in the past, I've had a better vaping experience since, with both my Tarot Pro and the Nebula.
This was better than before in VW mode.
My settings in TC mode for SS are now between 220°C/430°F and 270°C/520°F, depending on mod/tank combination and liquid used.

Best regards,
aLyr

PS: Sorry for not sparing you with °C, but this forum is international. Thus, I always note °C along with °F.

PPS: Writing this @ 19:00, the time on the West Coast of the US may be 10:00.

Last edited:

Major911

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2014
Grand Island, FL, USA
Being an avid fan of the estoc mega tanks (4 of them) I'm very curious about the Veco. I'm usually not a fan of top airflow but I'm also not a fan of the occasional leaking I get from the estoc's. As for mods I have no experience with any of vaporesso 's but I do love the Omni board that they use. My most recent acquisition is the cartel repentant 160 with the Omni board in it and all I can say is WOW! I've owned many DNA mods that don't do TC nearly as well. The smart mode for me anyway is usually very accurate to my taste.
192a2d165008b3dcb7cac1f8166cb534.jpg

e97323ee13d29df67276a046b1ed116d.jpg

59dba465b8b03019a38261897cb4a68a.jpg

34b8eed8bcb68395373980ae5d7a2df4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
cooladdict,

thank you so much for your first report on the Veco One Plus tank, which I would now dearly have myself very soon, but I'll have to wait a bit as it seems.

Also thanks you for your photos. The first one tells me that an Estoc Mega on an RX200 would really look somewhat lost vs. the Veco One Plus.

Anyway, I have some questions to you.

On the Vaporesso internet pages, I did not find EUC coil heads with a resistance of 0.25Ω.
There, I only found EUC coils between 0.3Ω and 0.6Ω, both ceramic and traditional Kanthal Clapton.

Did you remove the EUC coil head before first use to have a look at it?
What was written on it?
And is it SS316?

Maybe Vaporesso have been somewhat inventive by producing new coils with different resistances.

And which replacement coil did you get in the package, if any?

I see on your first photo that you ran the Veco One Plus in VW mode on your RX200.
If the coil is SS316, I recommend to switch to TC mode for SS, your mod allowing.
Having done this myself in the past, I've had a better vaping experience since, with both my Tarot Pro and the Nebula.
This was better than before in VW mode.
My settings in TC mode for SS are now between 220°C/430°F and 270°C/520°F, depending on mod/tank combination and liquid used.

Best regards,
aLyr

PS: Sorry for not sparing you with °C, but this forum is international. Thus, I always note °C along with °F.

PPS: Writing this @ 19:00, the time on the West Coast of the US may be 10:00.
Oh my, we are 9 hours different! I'm sorry it's taken me so long to respond. I had a crazy couple of days at work. The pre-installed coil is rated at .2 ohms, apparently. I ordered my setup from here https://www.heavengifts.com/product/Vaporesso-VECO-Plus-Tank-Black.html and that is what is listed, along with a .6 ohm Clapton for the spare. I don't believe the .2 ohm coil is SS. I just tried to vape it in SS mode and it kicked me back to wattage. I don't know why I always vape in wattage mode! I do like the vape in SS mode when I do try it but I always end up going back to wattage. My .5 ohm coils are SS, though. I will give it a shot with one of those when this one burns out. Thanks for the tip! :)

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
Being an avid fan of the estoc mega tanks (4 of them) I'm very curious about the Veco. I'm usually not a fan of top airflow but I'm also not a fan of the occasional leaking I get from the estoc's. As for mods I have no experience with any of vaporesso 's but I do love the Omni board that they use. My most recent acquisition is the cartel repentant 160 with the Omni board in it and all I can say is WOW! I've owned many DNA mods that don't do TC nearly as well. The smart mode for me anyway is usually very accurate to my taste.
192a2d165008b3dcb7cac1f8166cb534.jpg

e97323ee13d29df67276a046b1ed116d.jpg

59dba465b8b03019a38261897cb4a68a.jpg

34b8eed8bcb68395373980ae5d7a2df4.jpg

LOVE!!! That is one gorgeous mod! I have heard really good things about the Omni chip. I'm dying to try it. I will probably go with the Nebula, but that Revenant is just beautiful. :) So far I have had zero leakage with the VECO One. I really like it. It's nice not having to fill it every few vapes, lol!

Reactions: Eskie

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
Anybody that has used both, how does the Veco's airflow compare to the Estoc's?

They seem to be about the same. I don't think either one of them is super airy even all the way open, which is how I like to vape anyway. Both tanks get a little warm, but neither of them actually gets hot while vaping. Of course I am only vaping at around 28 watts, though, lol. My other favorite tank is the Freemax Starre Pure and that one has a very airy vape when wide open. I keep that one closed down about halfway and it gives me a comparable vape to both the Estoc and the VECO. The tip on the Estoc is a little longer than the VECO's but it's wider. I actually prefer the Estoc tip on the VECO because that little bit of added length keeps my lips away from the top of the tank. The airflow on the VECO is right at the top of the tank.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Question on the coils for this. I'm not using this tank, but I am using the EUC in a BVC sleeve that's Atlantis compatible for the first time, using the 0.5 ohm ceramic SS EUC. It's in a Super tank, in wattage at ~32W. Overall a nice clean flavor, not really a warm vape, but even with the airflow wide open, it's a tighter draw than I expected. Both Tobeco's own, and an Atlantis coil are more open. Is this just the nature of the beast?

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
Question on the coils for this. I'm not using this tank, but I am using the EUC in a BVC sleeve that's Atlantis compatible for the first time, using the 0.5 ohm ceramic SS EUC. It's in a Super tank, in wattage at ~32W. Overall a nice clean flavor, not really a warm vape, but even with the airflow wide open, it's a tighter draw than I expected. Both Tobeco's own, and an Atlantis coil are more open. Is this just the nature of the beast?
I feel that the EUC coil in the VECO tank does have a more open draw than it does in the other tanks I have used it in, but it isn't super airy. I only vape DL and it works just great for me, but if you want a really airy draw I don't feel that the EUC is going to give that no matter what you vape it in. That being said, I do feel that this tank provides a great vape, even though it isn't the airiest one out there.

Reactions: Eskie
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread