Status
Not open for further replies.

aLyr

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2016
European Union
@LLJoelJ:

Let's see.
I assume that you are using a Nebula with a Veco Plus tank, just as I do.

What to check:

Is the EUC coil a ceramic with SS316 wire?
If not, e.g. being a traditional Kanthal/Clapton coil, TC mode would not work properly.

Did you lock the coil resistance after insertion while it was cold with "mode" + "-" buttons pressed simultaneously?
("Ω" replaced with a lock symbol in the display?)
This is very important for using TC mode.

What are your temperature and AFC settings?
I use 190°C/375°F with ceramic SS316 coils, the AFC opened ~40%.
My Nebula seems to need lower temperature settings than my Tarot Pro and Tarot Nano.

Pressing the start button on my Nebula plus Veco Plus tank w/ SS coil, it also starts off at 60+W in the first split second, but it hardly went down below ~10W thereafter, even when I did not draw.
I tried that quite often, the coil remaining intact always.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
aLyr

aLyr

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2016
European Union
Eskie,

I don't know anything about the Smok Alien, but I assume that it is a quite advanced regulated mod.

Should it have the capability of entering user defined profiles, that could be worth trying and thus possibly achieving an even more pleasing vaping experience.

Best regards,
aLyr

PS: EUCs are always BVCs, sleeve or not.

aLyr

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2016
European Union
Just a note:
Using a Veco 2ml on my Tarot Nano and the Veco Plus 4ml on my Nebula, both are performing equally well, though Tarot Nano and Tarot Pro need a higher TC setting to reach my sweet spot. (270°C/520°F vs. 190°C/375°F).
My Tarot Pro has a 4ml Estoc Mega tank installed.

All three tanks, each filled with 80% VG liquids, develop good clouds, which I like, although I am not exactly a cloud chaser.

What I learnt so far is that I had to match the right combination of mods, tanks, coils, and available settings. Never underestimate this.

And though I think that my Veco tanks are the best of all, I am still using my old Aspire Plato AIO, and my Triton Mini, Nautilus X and Estoc tanks, all of them being not exactly bad.

LLJoelJ

May 31, 2013
Canada
@LLJoelJ:

Let's see.
I assume that you are using a Nebula with a Veco Plus tank, just as I do.

What to check:

Is the EUC coil a ceramic with SS316 wire?
If not, e.g. being a traditional Kanthal/Clapton coil, TC mode would not work properly.

Did you lock the coil resistance after insertion while it was cold with "mode" + "-" buttons pressed simultaneously?
("Ω" replaced with a lock symbol in the display?)
This is very important for using TC mode.

What are your temperature and AFC settings?
I use 190°C/375°F with ceramic SS316 coils, the AFC opened ~40%.
My Nebula seems to need lower temperature settings than my Tarot Pro and Tarot Nano.

Pressing the start button on my Nebula plus Veco Plus tank w/ SS coil, it also starts off at 60+W in the first split second, but it hardly went down below ~10W thereafter, even when I did not draw.
I tried that quite often, the coil remaining intact always.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
aLyr

I think my problem is solved! Thank you! So the main thing that was causing issues was that I wasn't locking the resistance. I couldn't do this with my Kanger Top Tank or my Smok Quantum Brit(although I could dial it in with the Quantum, there wasn't a quick way to lock the resistance).

Your assumptions were correct. I'm using a Veco Plus on a Nebula with a SS316 coil, with the AFC wide open. I'm now experimenting in the 350°F - 380°F range to find what I like best. It fires at 65W for a split second but now drops to a reasonable 10-30W (depending on how hard I'm pulling on it). I still get the occasional cold draw, but if I just stop and hit the trigger again, it goes back to normal.

I'm very pleased and have a renewed interest in TC. Thank you again! A hundred times Thank You!

aLyr

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2016
European Union
LLJoelJ,

I am also very pleased to read that you found your way back to using your mod and tank in TC mode.
I appreciated this very much, once I tried it.

There might be some more ways for you to fiddle around with some settings to achieve the best possible vaping experience, though you're certainly on a good way by now.

I liked this YouTube video of Phil Busardo, in which he mentioned several explanations and issues with the Nebula, EUC coils, and more, though he reports somewhat quite puzzled sometimes, below acceptable.

Some points in the videos time:

0:10:00 Nebula review start
0:27:30 CCW demo
0:30:00 TC modes demo
0:34:45 EUC + Estoc tanks review start
0:48:20 demo of measurements in VW mode
0:53:50 demo of measurements in TC mode
..and more thereafter

But Phil Busardo, using many different tanks with their coils on a Nebula in his video does certainly not tell us the things we would like to know, expecting experiences with a Veco Plus here. Let us keep this in mind.

But you might possibly want to try CCT custom curve temperature settings in TC mode. I tried it in TC SS mode, without having made changes, and it was the same as before. But there might be potential to optimize the vaping experience with it.

I hope this helps you enjoying your mod and tank better than before in the future anyway.

Best regards,
aLyr

Last edited:

aLyr

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2016
European Union
Oops,

the liquid of my Veco Plus on the Nebula had to be refilled.
But trying this, I spilled loads of liquid after removing the top portion of the Veco Plus.
This was a typical user fault.
Shame on me!
But after cleaning everything up properly, and refilling the Veco Plus with new liquid, everything worked as nicely as before.
I can now wave away the sweat pearls off my forehead.
(You might know that .... happens sometimes.)
(The here unwanted four letter word has been removed.)
And, yes, the LiIon 26650 cell and the tank become somewhat warm while drawing in CCT mode.

Last edited:
Reactions: cooladdict

kero

Oct 4, 2016
LI, NY
So far I am shocked to say this but I use my tobeco super mini tank far more than the veco one tank.

I use the tebeco as main and use the veco one on a different round mod when the tebeco is charging. Going back and forth seems to work out just fine thus far.

I cannot say yet that the veco one tank is going to be my main tank but it's a great backup.

Will update as time goes on.

LLJoelJ

May 31, 2013
Canada
LLJoelJ,

I am also very pleased to read that you found your way back to using your mod and tank in TC mode.
I appreciated this very much, once I tried it.

There might be some more ways for you to fiddle around with some settings to achieve the best possible vaping experience, though you're certainly on a good way by now.

I liked this YouTube video of Phil Busardo, in which he mentioned several explanations and issues with the Nebula, EUC coils, and more, though he reports somewhat quite puzzled sometimes, below acceptable.

Some points in the videos time:

0:10:00 Nebula review start
0:27:30 CCW demo
0:30:00 TC modes demo
0:34:45 EUC + Estoc tanks review start
0:48:20 demo of measurements in VW mode
0:53:50 demo of measurements in TC mode
..and more thereafter

But Phil Busardo, using many different tanks with their coils on a Nebula in his video does certainly not tell us the things we would like to know, expecting experiences with a Veco Plus here. Let us keep this in mind.

But you might possibly want to try CCT custom curve temperature settings in TC mode. I tried it in TC SS mode, without having made changes, and it was the same as before. But there might be potential to optimize the vaping experience with it.

I hope this helps you enjoying your mod and tank better than before in the future anyway.

Best regards,
aLyr

Thank you for this. The timecode for Phil Busardo's video helps! I will definitely play around with the custom curve settings. I'm already enjoying my mod and tank better thanks to your advice, and look I forward to fine tuning it!

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
So far I am shocked to say this but I use my tobeco super mini tank far more than the veco one tank.

I use the tebeco as main and use the veco one on a different round mod when the tebeco is charging. Going back and forth seems to work out just fine thus far.

I cannot say yet that the veco one tank is going to be my main tank but it's a great backup.

Will update as time goes on.

The Super tank is one of those real sleepers on the market and amazing performance for the price. I'm using a ceramic EUC in a BVC sleeve on one right now and it's terrific. I have a few, regular and mini. With all the color choices I'll probably end up with a few more. At least they're relatively cheap.;)

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
@kero:

It's really strange that your EUC coils lasted just a few days. My ceramic EUCs, mounted in three tanks, did not have to be replaced yet. That is 44, 55, and 62 days by now.

Maybe this is really an issue of using it in a mod which cannot be used in different operating modes, and without being able to change any settings.

All mods I acquired so far are regulated with loads of possibilities to change modes and settings.

Myself, I started loving the ceramic SS316 EUCs in temperature mode, which give me a very nice vaping experience from start to end.
At that, apart from power mode (VW), TC mode will not burn coils. It starts with a high power peak, reducing the power thereafter, also depending on the airflow while drawing.

It is a nice test to try running coils in VW or TC mode, pushing the start button for 10 seconds, but without drawing.
The coil in VW mode will glow red even with low power setting, and possibly will be burnt, while the coil ran in TC mode remains dark.
A nice feature.
There are videos on YouTube to demonstrate this.

@cooladdict:

You may call me "he":).

It is too early yet to report on my experiences with the Brillipower 26650 (or far better: 26-65-0) 5Ah cell; in my Nebula it has lasted two days already, and it is not yet depleted after the first charge. You might know that once you get some new equipment, you tend to use it more often than the rest in the row of many other e-cigarettes. So do I.
Today, I feel that it can last longer than my Efest 26-65-0 4.2Ah cell.
But both can certainly not reach the level of the dual 18-65-0 Samsung 35E 3.5Ah cells, totalling 7Ah, which I am using in my Tarot Pro mod.
(Removing the before mentioned spill has luckily been quite easy.:))

As to my new Veco Plus tank:
It produced a hot vapor after refilling it with liquid. But this went away after 3 draws. I'll have an eye on this in the future.
My Estoc Megas are different when it comes to refilling. They tend to gurgle on the first draws when the liquid holes were not fully covered before.

Best regards,
aLyr
Two days is encouraging! I didn't think it would last as long as duals, but I get frustrated having to change out batteries throughout the day on a single 18650. I almost grabbed a used Tarot Pro for a good price the other day but I really do love the look of the Nebula. Decisions, decisions... :D I am truly missing my VECO Plus tank. My son has had it for days now!!!! He is supposed to be home today and I already scolded him for taking that setup. Of all of the gear he could have "borrowed," it had to be my setup with my VECO?? At least he has good taste, I guess! :)

And I shall call you "he" from here on out. :D

TakeVictory

Mar 21, 2017
Hey everyone! This will be my first ecf post. So hello

Just today i became a proud owner of a veco plus tank and i am doing my best to love it. That being said, i am experiencing an issue right out of the gate. No flavor!!! I don't know what i am doing wrong as i an not new to vaping. I started with the spare .6 ohm ceramic coil. Gave it a little prime, threw it in, excitedly filled it up and patiently let it sit for about 5 mins. I started low at 20w and slowly moved up to 40w. The vapor production is great but it is very bland and flavorless. I am using it on a smok alien mod (my favorite mod of all time) and i just can't figure it out. i switched to the .3 traditional clapton and I'm getting the same thing... Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Keep vaping!

kero

Oct 4, 2016
LI, NY
^^ I had the same exact experience with the veco one kit with the veco tank. Great vapor production but blah flavor on both the trad and ceramic coils.

I switched to the tobeco super tank mini with the .2ohm coil and it blows the veco tank out of the water in terms of flavor and vapor production.

I use my veco one tank as a backup here and there.

aLyr

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2016
European Union
Well, there is this video of Phil Busardo in which he reports about the EUC coils having a "break in" time (@0:39:45).
I had this also, but kept on going. After a short time of using, the EUCs worked perfectly for me.

At this time, I own four Vaporesso tanks using ceramic EUCs, none of which were disappointing so far when it comes to flavour, after just giving them some time to achieve full performance.

My original #1, an Estoc Mega 4ml tank, previously used on my Vaporesso Nebula, will very soon find its new place on a Vaporesso Attitude mod.
Of course, the EUC ceramic SS316 will be run in TC mode, what else.

Regards,
aLyr

TakeVictory

Mar 21, 2017
Well, there is this video of Phil Busardo in which he reports about the EUC coils having a "break in" time (@0:39:45).
I had this also, but kept on going. After a short time of using, the EUCs worked perfectly for me.

At this time, I own four Vaporesso tanks using ceramic EUCs, none of which were disappointing so far when it comes to flavour, after just giving them some time to achieve full performance.

My original #1, an Estoc Mega 4ml tank, previously used on my Vaporesso Nebula, will very soon find its new place on a Vaporesso Attitude mod.
Of course, the EUC ceramic SS316 will be run in TC mode, what else.

Regards,
aLyr
That's great to hear! I ordered another 10 ceramic coils after i decided not to give up on them. I will give you guys a update when i get them and give them a proper amount of time to work themselves in.

TakeVictory

Mar 21, 2017
Well i couldn't wait for the coils to ship. I looked around and found a local store that will sell individual coils. Got a .5 ohm ceramic, threw it in and was instantly blown away by the flavor! The one that came with my tank must have been a dud because this is the best flavor I've ever had from a tank! I've only used wattage mode and am ridiculously excited to switch it over to temp mode! Moral of the story, never give up!

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
Hey everyone! This will be my first ecf post. So hello

Just today i became a proud owner of a veco plus tank and i am doing my best to love it. That being said, i am experiencing an issue right out of the gate. No flavor!!! I don't know what i am doing wrong as i an not new to vaping. I started with the spare .6 ohm ceramic coil. Gave it a little prime, threw it in, excitedly filled it up and patiently let it sit for about 5 mins. I started low at 20w and slowly moved up to 40w. The vapor production is great but it is very bland and flavorless. I am using it on a smok alien mod (my favorite mod of all time) and i just can't figure it out. i switched to the .3 traditional clapton and I'm getting the same thing... Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Keep vaping!
Hello and welcome! :) Keep playing with the wattage. With ceramic coils I really notice a difference in flavor at different settings. After your first tank you should get much better flavor from it, and once you find your sweet spot the break in time is much less. At least that's how it's been for me, anyway, lol. I use the EUC coils with and without the sleeve and they are great.
I started ceramics
with the Vaporesso cCells and toward the end I was very disappointed with them because they had a huge break in period or simply never did wick correctly, but not with the EUCs. I haven't had a bunk coil yet and I have gone through at least 10 of them! The claptons just seem to have a muted flavor overall for me, and I switched out the ceramic coil that came with my Veco Plus for one of the .5 ohm coils I had in a pack (reads .44 on the Predator) and I definitely like it better than the one that came included with the tank.

Reactions: aLyr

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
Well i couldn't wait for the coils to ship. I looked around and found a local store that will sell individual coils. Got a .5 ohm ceramic, threw it in and was instantly blown away by the flavor! The one that came with my tank must have been a dud because this is the best flavor I've ever had from a tank! I've only used wattage mode and am ridiculously excited to switch it over to temp mode! Moral of the story, never give up!
Well shoot, if I had just read ahead I could have avoided my long-winded reply, lol! I'm so glad you decided not to give up. :)

Reactions: aLyr

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
So I'm wondering...

Were the Veco tank and the Predator made for each other??? :D

hot.PNG

aLyr

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2016
European Union
No, they weren't.
The Veco Plus tank with its 25mmØ looks somewhat small on your Predator.
A tank with ~28mmØ would suit that mod better.
But even on my Nebula, the Veco Plus could have 1mm more in diameter, but I don't complain; it is just right for me.
At this time, I wonder how an Estoc Mega tank, which I still have in stock, would look like on my new Attitude mod, which will hopefully arrive on Monday 2017-04-03 early afternoon in my place, trusting DHL.

Best regards,
aLyr

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
No, they weren't.
The Veco Plus tank with its 25mmØ looks somewhat small on your Predator.
A tank with ~28mmØ would suit that mod better.
But even on my Nebula, the Veco Plus could have 1mm more in diameter, but I don't complain; it is just right for me.
At this time, I wonder how an Estoc Mega tank, which I still have in stock, would look like on my new Attitude mod, which will hopefully arrive on Monday 2017-04-03 early afternoon in my place, trusting DHL.

Best regards,
aLyr
It's a little small, but I like it MUCH better than the Elabo tank that came with the mod. It's silver! It is bigger, probably 25 mm, but it just didn't look right on my black and red mod. Besides, the flavor is nothing compared to the Veco! :D So you're getting an Attitude? I can't wait to hear how you like it! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread