Status
Not open for further replies.

jrs99

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
King George, VA
For the E7 add the flatter adaptor, just so you can use a bigger atty. as now the atty sit pretty deep inside, can the heat build up is rather fast and the chip may go into TP more often

Is the E8 coming? Those darn things are so so hard to get!!
I think the E8 was just announced at vape Summit. I'm waiting and hoping...
As for the temp control, no clue. I messed with it some when I first got my Flask and finally gave up on it. Way too finicky for me.

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
On my DIY squonker I originally used a 2 x 1 mm o-ring under the head of the tube inside the 510, I have since replaced it with one that comes with the Fatdaddy BF kit. I had some slight leakage from the bottom of the 510 but have none now. I did my bottle tubes (both) a bit different than on the original, mine goes back in rather easy.
I cut a short piece from a telescopic antennae an placed it into the end of the plastic tube to open it up wider on it's end to locate the metal tube easier, it worked out great.
11096387_988389437851947_2212059743169050326_o.jpg

The ChinaDNA40 board quit after 2 week so it now has an Evolv dna 40 board.
11183438_996348140389410_1006211274851393547_n.jpg

and a Nuppin'

Last edited:

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
I soo want to make my own squonker, just need a few tools first :)
I would recommend putting a Dremel type tool on your list if you don't already have one. Mine came from Harbor Freight, I might have $40 tied up in it with all the extra bits I have. Something like $25 for the kit.

Reactions: jrs99

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
I was looking forward to seeing how these actually were going to work and now that I see it I'm not impressed. I'll stick with my Tmod.
I'm not sure if you mean that you used one and didn't like it or just researched it but my DIY Squonker flask is very close to the original and I am impressed enough with it to use it daily as my main "squeeze". I haven't seen an original in person as yet, I'm curious at how difficult it is to fill the bottle. Filling mine is super easy.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
Do you find the design of the VF OK in it's regular form (non squonking)?
Very much so....I have 2 regular Vapor Flasks and I use them all the time. I really like the shape and size...battery life is nice and I'm perfectly satisfied with the DNA40 boards. I haven't had any problems with the regular flasks whatsoever.
The Squonker was a great idea...but too many things I don't like and a few potential issues. I don't like the 510/ tube set up and the bottle system lacks a little. It works...but thats about it. What I really didn't like was any liquid that may leak in the bottle compartment can easily travel into the center chamber...where the electronics are. I had a very small amount of liquid showing up around the usb charging port.

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
That would get my attention as well.
A few posts back is a picture of my bottle, it's a bottle for a Reo. The hole in the cap I had to make, smaller than for Reo I believe. Using Fatdaddy BF tube but shortened a bit. The metal tube doesn't slide into the plastic tube very far, not past the cap. I have no leakage. This is something easy to do with the only modifications made to the metal tube (shortened) and to the bottle. I find it easier to refill than my Reo Grand, about the same time but cleaner. Sorry it's a clone but only the body. I accidentally fired it when changing the bottle. I left out the part where I screwed the cap off and back on, no need to show that. I do use a letter opener to pop the bottle loose, might make the squonk hole a fuzz higher to get a thumb nail in there.

Last edited:

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
That would get my attention as well.
A few posts back is a picture of my bottle, it's a bottle for a Reo. The hole in the cap I had to make, smaller than for Reo I believe. Using Fatdaddy BF tube but shortened a bit. The metal tube doesn't slide into the plastic tube very far, not past the cap. I have no leakage. This is something easy to do with the only modifications made to the metal tube (shortened) and to the bottle. I find it easier to refill than my Reo Grand, about the same time but cleaner. Sorry it's a clone but only the body. I accidentally fired it when changing the bottle. I left out the part where I screwed the cap off and back on, no need to show that. I do use a letter opener to pop the bottle loose, might make the squonk hole a fuzz higher to get a thumb nail in there.

you did a great job with that one. Before I got rid of mine, I did use a Reo bottle because the tubing is slightly tighter. I also used a Vapage 9ml bottle with a "pull cord". It squonked great that way but still a pain. It all boiled down to just liking my Reo's and SIB's a lot better for squonking. At $335, I can do some pretty great things over on Rob's site! (reo) I have a Svaplamo sx350 wooden box squonker coming in. It should be here Monday but I'm going back out of town later today. I'll update you then!

Reactions: dwcraig1

chia

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2014
Red Dot
Did anyone notice? They've dropped the price on the squonk already. Its $315 now. And, they have red ones and silver ones available.
They also have a "formal black tie" vapor flask. Its white with black accents. I need it.

Hey thanx for the heads up.. Will call ;)
Not really a fan of the VF squonker.. Too many steps the fill. I guess the Reo spoils me! Lol

Reactions: Asbestos4004

jrs99

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
King George, VA
I dunno, I still can't stand using the REO. The button is terrible IMO.
I'm one who has to have 2 of whatever device I'm using and I just could not buy a second REO. Maybe if they were around $50-75 but not at their current price point. If anything the one I do have will be sold as soon as I come up with a replacement device.

What I have been extremely happy with is the E7. The only reason I haven't bought a second one is I'm still waiting patiently for the E8 to be released.

Reactions: chia
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread