Vaporshark - 40 or 200?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadkaiser

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2015
Hello all,

I am a person who appreciates fine craftsmanship and quality, I expect a company to stand behind their product, I want a warranty, I want customer service that is responsive, I prefer to buy an authentic made in the USA mod, I do not want to have a lot of mods. I'd rather buy one quality mod than a bunch of crap. I prefer the around $100 -$150 range. But, I understand that the dna 200 is brand new and has a roughly $200 price tag which I am ok with so long as the added price adds value (for a vaper like me).

Thanks much in advance!

Pretty sure VaporShark only has a 3 month warranty period I personally would not describe that as standing behind there product...bit more sell and run that said its becoming industry standard i guess although it always turned me off there products. That said at least Evolv is decent 1 year warranty on all the chips I've used better than the norm but not if you cant repair things your self!

Happyg

Apr 21, 2015
Tennessee
I have both. I have a Vapor Shark DNA 40 and a Tugboat DNA 200. Honestly, I like both. I waited for the DNA 200 and tried several other mods before I settled on the Flawless. I used the vs for a year. Never had a problem. If you think 40 is enough wattage....then there is the better deal. Me personally? I like the DNA 200 even though I'm just staying around 70-80w .

Reactions: Mad Scientist

Urge

ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2011
Shrubburbia Ma.
Hi, My VS rDNA 40 leaks thru the 510 connection. I have already sent it back and had the evolv board replaced under warranty ($25. charge because juice leaked onto the board). This was after owning it for 1.5 months. A month or less later and it is starting to get flaky so I am going to have to send it back again. The VS does not have any O rings or washers between the case and the 510 connection. I am wondering if anyone has tried to add an O ring or washer to the VS rDNA 40? They said it was my fault cause juice leaked into the case and got on the board. This is insane, everything leaks! Caution: Rant Ahead-In my opinion it is irresponsible to NOT put something to prevent juice from getting inside.End of Rant

Urge

NinoCappuccino

Moved On
Oct 24, 2015
The Evolv chip. Has proven to be problematic I know that the DNA mod by Vapor shark was the premiere device and it has been having some major issues even after firmware updates that require Windows operating systems meanwhile many United States citizens have switched to Macintosh and use Android devices for most of their computing needs or what have you. I do not think that the DNA 200 box mods or the ones that use the Evolve chip are worth the money there very close to 200 some above the $200 mark some just under the $200 mark and there are many devices that have features just like it except you cannot change the color of the tiny little LED screen big woopty Doo. I would recommend before it runs out the limited edition snow wolf and probably any of the cities this 150 watt sea galley box mod that is only $70 and it is highly rated as well as the IPV the Pioneer brand they have a 50 watt a 70 watt 120 180 watt and I think it's upgraded now - 200 watts I do not know why anyone would purchase one of these evolve chips I actually was looking forward to them myself but then I realized I don't even have windows anymore and there are cheaper options out there I have purchased one it is much cheaper and I am enjoying it there is no problem I have no firmware updates and that is just my opinion because I have been researching these these computer chips and this one seems to be pretty crappy compared to the competition competition is slim sigelei again is one of the premier companies as is vapor shark but this DNA 200 happened to use this chip evolve its called where it sits has problems

NinoCappuccino

Moved On
Oct 24, 2015
The sigelei 200 watt mine is coming out in a month or so not even a few weeks probably and it looks fantastic it is using a Yihi SX chip and it is phenomenal as you know as asmodus is affiliated war owns partially sigelei and sigelei is a very popular brand one of the best selling and osmosis is famous for their only mod the snow wolf and the version 2 is about to come out in February and I heard it's going to blow away everything before it. I just have to say that I have heard some horror stories about the firmware update software it's called is scribe and it is very difficult to use in hard to find an operating system compatible with it and once you do sometimes it does not even work in fact the causes failure in the device which might require you to bring back or send back the device to the manufacturer for a brand new one that is unacceptable with so many choices available these evolve chip DNA 200 yes they look very appealing but in reality they will come back to bite you in the ... and the price is very high $200 some of them to 5270 summer 160 but you really going to regret this purchase because I've spoken to so many people online about this I've asked them are they coming out with an Android version I've spoken to the Evolve teams evolve Vapor.com they are not really working on a Mac OS or an Android device compatible software which is required to update the firmware which still leads to problems and sometimes turns the device into an unusable piece of junk so take a look at your options do some browsing and find something for a good price because I $200 Vapor shark is not what you need when you have to plug it into Windows and roll the dice hoping it is compatible and does not have any issues

NinoCappuccino

Moved On
Oct 24, 2015
Wow, that sigelei 200TC mod is fugly as hell...and I bet like the 150TC, it wont have firmware upgradability
The sigelei 150 also had a different shaped and feel to it when it first was released they might change this 200 watt is well but you only need 150 watts and the price is right you should definitely pick that up and just forget about the DNA 200 ....

NinoCappuccino

Moved On
Oct 24, 2015
$140ish for the 40W and $199 for the 200W, even if I would never go above 40 watts, I would still buy the 200

Yeah, I use the Snow Wolf 200W 1.5 Limited Edition GX200 Chip update which is supposed to fix any problems with the original, but I wouldn't know, because the limited edition is absolutely perfect. I only went to 82W once with the TFV4 Quadruple Coil Core installed in the full 24mm diameter tank. That got very hot. Can't chain vape past 40 watts, that's for sure. But Asomodus and Sigeilli are either partners or Asmodus owns Segeilli because the Asmodus Website indicates they are the same company. There's a Snow Wolf V2 coming out in February and I spoke to a representative. They said there are going to be some surprises and major changes in design and technology. I have a hunch the entire front screen in going to be similar to an iPhone 4 without a touch screen, just that quality of LED color screen with multiple types of glorified readouts of information. Similar to one of the Seigelli boxes that I think is 170 Watts or is it SMY brand...I dunno. But Probably slimmer, lighter, full LED front Gorilla glass display, maybe a metallic back with a magnetic battery hatch, and hopefully a great choice of colors to select. Not many but the right ones for the design. I'm hoping for a high polished brushed brass or gold plated looking metal of some sort thinner like an S6 frame and back with perhaps an enter button and return button on the opposite side of the fire button to help with the ease of use in menu. Ahhhh, and why not crank it to 250W for the hell of it. Titanium coil TC compatibility and Stainless steel coil TC as well. That would be a device to heat up the competition. And no USB port or making consumers update their vaporizers for goodness' sake. It's not a damn cell phone. Anyway. I'm getting the 200W segeilli, I'm about to preorder it in the red color. I buy every mod that pushes the limits. Nothing mediocre or budget. It's my hooby to collect box mods and the best subohm tanks (which I found there aren't many great ones, regardless of what some may say in their reviews.) Arctic Tank? Please, a tiny capacity tank that burns through all the juice in 2 rips. Screw that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread