Status
Not open for further replies.

ClintS

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2014
San Diego area, CA
I've got VapeMail!

Received a VaporShark rDNA today. Wow! When I received the VaporShark DNA30 I couldn't believe the size. Will the rDNA is not that much bigger! Maybe they should have called this the "VS 110%"!

It has the same heft and feel of the VS DNA30, just a little larger. Weighs in at 6 5/8 oz (188g) and is sized about half way betweenthe DNA30 and the Clouper clone. The case is well constructed with tight fitting joints.

The case design is a scaled up VS DNA30 including larger buttons, which are very comfortable, with the differences including the USB port on one side of the case and the battery cover on the other side.

The battery is removed by removing one screw and sliding the cover the cover off - the cover is a very precise fit. The battery is a very tight in the case and the one negative about the device, the positive terminal of the battery goes to the bottom of the case. The opposite of most devices!

I didn't see a light port for charging status, plugged in the USB charging cord and the charging light is the ring light around the firing button! Cool.

Sure wish I could have gotten a Sharkskin at the same time!

Here are a couple of quickly taken photos.
e-cig__7142349.jpg

e-cig__7142348.jpg

Last edited:

Shel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2009
Los Angeles
Looks great!

I've been thrilled with my Vapor Shark!

I'm actually surprised that the VS doesn't seem to get the attention of the Hana mod, or some other DNA mods... It is superbly well built, battery life even on the DNA 30 is excellent, and it's held up very well!

I use my DNA30 about 85% of the time now, and the newness and novelty have worn off... it's just a great device!

Congrats! I'm (slightly) envious!

Coldpunk

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2013
Columbia, Mo
I will be buying one of these. Love the size compared to the hana, I'm sooooo glad they were unavailable when I was trying to get one.

I bought the cloupor DNA30 and can't wait to replace it with one of these! I despise clones and felt dirty every time I used it. Plus it being off slightly really bothered me. Thankfully I picked up the vaporshark DNA30 shortly after.

doots

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
safe-list.com
Does anyone ever use ful capacity of the 30?Ijust ordered a 20 .Did some math on an ohms app,and even going low,like .8 or so,20 seems to be fine.just curious.

I have the 30 and get nowhere close to using it. My sister got the 20 also.. Cheaper.. I never get above15-17 watts.. Im fine with it.. enjoy!

doots

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
safe-list.com
I've got VapeMail!

Received a VaporShark rDNA today. Wow! When I received the VaporShark DNA30 I couldn't believe the size. Will the rDNA is not that much bigger! Maybe they should have called this the "VS 110%"!

It has the same heft and feel of the VS DNA30, just a little larger. Weighs in at 6 5/8 oz (188g) and is sized about half way betweenthe DNA30 and the Clouper clone. The case is well constructed with tight fitting joints.

The case design is a scaled up VS DNA30 including larger buttons, which are very comfortable, with the differences including the USB port on one side of the case and the battery cover on the other side.

The battery is removed by removing one screw and sliding the cover the cover off - the cover is a very precise fit. The battery is a very tight in the case and the one negative about the device, the positive terminal of the battery goes to the bottom of the case. The opposite of most devices!

I didn't see a light port for charging status, plugged in the USB charging cord and the charging light is the ring light around the firing button! Cool.

Sure wish I could have gotten a Sharkskin at the same time!

Here are a couple of quickly taken photos.
View attachment 356002

View attachment 356003

Very Nice Clint.. Bet is feels good to have in the hand.. I love my dna30 VS.. Wished it was a tad bigger at times. This one looks just right. wish I now had the money for one :)

Coldpunk

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2013
Columbia, Mo
I got to say I'm really disapointed they decided to put the screen on the bottom. Seems like it would be the worst place to put it from a useability stand point.

I worried about that too until I got their DNA30. I haven't once thought "wow I wish this screen was on the side". I just tilt my hand glance to the screen.

Last edited:

jakematic

Verified Member
Jun 1, 2014
Squonk Bottom Flats, NC
I haven't once thought "wow I wish this screen was on e side". I just tilt my hand glance to the screen.

Same here - it's not like we're adjusting it 800 times a day :)
Set, lock power, and forget unless you make major changes in attys.

I never look at it except to check the battery occasionally.
Many box mods with screens right in your face are a big turn off to me.

windnsea26

ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2013
San Diego, CA
I never get above15-17 watts..

Hi
Can you share what atty's and the type of builds you are using? I currently build to about 1.5-2.0 ohms on a variety of devices and seem to always be about 24-28 watts. I'd like to only have to vape around 15-17 but curious as to which build I should be using.

Thanks!

Coldpunk

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2013
Columbia, Mo
Same here - it's not like we're adjusting it 800 times a day :)
Set, lock power, and forget unless you make major changes in attys.

I never look at it except to check the battery occasionally.
Many box mods with screens right in your face are a big turn off to me.

Once I have an atty on there I lock my wattage and put it in stealth mode. Your battery will last much longer if it doesn't have to power up a screen each time you take a pull. When I begin to wonder how much battery I have left I click five times to lock it and it shows the battery meter. If I want to switch attys or mess with the build it's simple enough to unlock it and change the settings to match the new topper.

Last edited:

jakematic

Verified Member
Jun 1, 2014
Squonk Bottom Flats, NC
Your battery will last much longer if it doesn't have to power up a screen each time you take a pull. When I begin to wonder how much battery I have left I click five times to lock it and it shows e battery meter.

Now that is freaking brilliant !
Just changed mine, thanks.

GB023

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 10, 2012
Great Northwest
Hi
Can you share what atty's and the type of builds you are using? I currently build to about 1.5-2.0 ohms on a variety of devices and seem to always be about 24-28 watts. I'd like to only have to vape around 15-17 but curious as to which build I should be using.

Thanks!

Hi wind, Your builds seem a little hot to me. IMO not to many would enjoy 1.5-2 ohms at 24-28 watts which would require 6-6.5 volts. Maybe if you could tell us what toppers you are using, we could make some suggestions that might help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread