VaporShark rDNA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shigura

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2015
Lincoln, NE
I must say, this is getting rather irritating.

My 1st rDNA 40 (from the pre-sale) has been returned/replaced 4 times. The last return I actually got the same unit back with a new chip with the atty lock feature.

I didn't use that unit for a couple days and when I did use it it was dead. Pulled the batt and read 2.0 volts. ***???

I come to this trusty thread and lo and behold other peeps are having the same prob.

I tested the batt drain and it's losing .27 volts in 12 hours. I don't feel like taking the batt out all the time and don't know if it's safe so I guess I'll call my friends at VS cust support.....AGAIN!!
I'm just glad that the one I purchased still has a warranty despite being scratch & dent refurb. Up until my battery drain issue it worked perfectly and only had cosmetic damage ontop which an atty easily hides. Which leads me to believe that this problem doesn't feel like its due to the chip at all. Unless I'm totally mistaken but this problem seems to effect only the VS rDNA40. Has any had this at all with other large screen dna 40s?

Reactions: VapieDan

caferacer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2015
Los Angeles
Here is a deal May 22 to May 25 The Rdna 40 for $175.95. Coupon code MEMORIAL20 brings it down to $140.76 with free shipping in the USA.

Vapor Shark rDNA 40

Noooooooooooo! I ordered an rDNA 40 on the 19th and received it the day before you posted this. :(:(:(

Reactions: VapieDan

caferacer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2015
Los Angeles
How can I tell if my vs is doing the battery drain while not in use?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

Easiest way would probably be to check your voltage on a multimeter before you stop using it for an extended period of time, and then check it again before you start using it.

I've noticed that when I reach for my VS first thing in the morning, the battery level reads quite low (per the VS's battery indicator). Once I take a couple of drags off of it, the battery indicator goes back up to the level it was at before I went to bed. I've no idea if this is normal or not.

Reactions: Shigura

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    Easiest way would probably be to check your voltage on a multimeter before you stop using it for an extended period of time, and then check it again before you start using it.

I've noticed that when I reach for my VS first thing in the morning, the battery level reads quite low (per the VS's battery indicator). Once I take a couple of drags off of it, the battery indicator goes back up to the level it was at before I went to bed. I've no idea if this is normal or not.
    That's what mine does.
    11/08/14 build

Reactions: caferacer

Shigura

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 26, 2015
    Lincoln, NE

That is a absolutely correct as each press of the fire button pushes an active/ real time read on your display. Plus its perfectly normal to notice a slight drain on power due to the refinement process the chip makes while idle.

caferacer

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 6, 2015
    Los Angeles
    That is a absolutely correct as each press of the fire button pushes an active/ real time read on your display. Plus its perfectly normal to notice a slight drain on power due to the refinement process the chip makes while idle.

Thanks for the detailed explanation!

I've been really liking this device so far, although I've only used it with Kanthal. My order of nickel wire comes in tomorrow and I'm really excited to start playing around with TC. I'm sure I'll have more questions for you guys over the coming days/weeks. :)

Shigura

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 26, 2015
    Lincoln, NE
    Thanks for the detailed explanation!

I've been really liking this device so far, although I've only used it with Kanthal. My order of nickel wire comes in tomorrow and I'm really excited to start playing around with TC. I'm sure I'll have more questions for you guys over the coming days/weeks. :)
    Of course! I'm completely enamored by TC pretty much all my attys have been converted. Unfortunately my pocket book has seen better days...

caferacer

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 6, 2015
    Los Angeles
    Of course! I'm completely enamored by TC pretty much all my attys have been converted. Unfortunately my pocket book has seen better days...

That's great to hear. Truthfully, I bought the VS as a replacement for a dead iStick 50W, because the size of the two is almost identical. I figured, "Well, I can buy another iStick 50 and probably end up replacing it again after three months, or I can pony up for a device with an American made chip." I figured the TC would be nice to have, but didn't think I'd get into it until I started researching. After hanging out in the TC Forum for about 30 minutes, I placed an order for ni200 and a Lemo 2. Lol.

caferacer

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 6, 2015
    Los Angeles
    Alright guys, here are a couple of questions for ya...

I've read through about 3/4 of this thread so far and I've seen a lot of posters complain about hitting the temp protection limit during their vape. I was under the impression that when temp protection activates, it's simply the DNA 40 doing what it's supposed to do. When using a TC device like the Vaporshark, is it our goal to avoid hitting the temp protection limit, or is hitting that limit simply standard operating procedure for a device like this?

Secondly, does the active throttling back of wattage when you've hit the temp protection limit negatively affect your vaping experience in any way?

Shigura

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 26, 2015
    Lincoln, NE
    Alright guys, here are a couple of questions for ya...

I've read through about 3/4 of this thread so far and I've seen a lot of posters complain about hitting the temp protection limit during their vape. I was under the impression that when temp protection activates, it's simply the DNA 40 doing what it's supposed to do. When using a TC device like the Vaporshark, is it our goal to avoid hitting the temp protection limit, or is hitting that limit simply standard operating procedure for a device like this?

Secondly, does the active throttling back of wattage when you've hit the temp protection limit negatively affect your vaping experience in any way?
    If anything about the TC coming up, is that it is throwing it up fairly quick. What I mean by that is its more likely to happen in RTAs and to a lesser extent premade coils in subohm tanks. One of most common examples of this is a problem with the wick, and whether its wicking fast enough. As for the premades I'll use my examples of the GCT coils I had used in a VCT Mega. I essentially just had to increase the temperature threshold for it to work properly. But these coils I used were also a bad batch as it was prone to flooding frequently and inadequate vapor production with air flow wide open.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread