Variable Voltage vs. Variable Wattage: Which is better and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riverboat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2012
Arizona
biff.... South is moving much quicker...oh well, one more post from me and i'm done....

Variable wattage technology is superior from my point of view and experience....have a great day....

+1 VW 100%...... Now how can I buy a Darwin? Im on a long waiting list!

Last edited:

BiffRocko

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
San Diego, CA USA
More than once, but the first was here

Nope. That does not not say, "every time you vape," because I never said that.

I've been very clear on all of my points. Others have had no trouble understanding my words. At this point, I can only assume that you're willfully misinterpreting what I've said to create the appearance that I don't know what I'm talking about. It's no longer a discussion when I say one thing, and you say that I've said something completely different. As such, I won't be responding to you any more on this topic.

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
Well. I'm really sorry you can't continue just because I don't agree with you and your argument that VV Vapers have to do a bunch of math to be able to vape has been pointed out several times to be untrue.

Let me leave you with this:

Your favorite feature as you've described it is probably the worst feature possible. If the device hides from you that you have a problem with your atty, why is it a desirable feature? A sudden drop in ohms is usually caused by loops in the heating coil touching each other. That, more often than not, means your atty is going to die very soon. Fluctuations in ohms while the coil heats and cools is usually caused by a bad solder or one or more loops in the coil touching each other. That also usually means your atty will probably fail soon. If you receive an atty that is mislabeled or defective and is far out of spec from the advertized ohm rating, why would you prefer to be unaware of the defect?

Personally, I'd much rather not use a defective atty. I'd like to be aware of such a problem as soon as it arises.

martinc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2011
Montreal,Quebec,Canada
I had long suspected that VW was the superior technology due to the variable being discussed.
Don't get me wrong, the Darwin is a fine device - but I think I'll wait until the control electronics are packed into a tube mod that has user-changeable batteries...can't be long now!

The Nivel chip is already here...VV and VW packed in the same chip!

Svoemesto has it in a tube mod but open your wallet :)

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I'm reminded of the time my friend and I were arguing over which was better, Camel or Marlboro, and...

Wait. No. We never argued over who had the better tobacco.

So, in an ironic twist of immeasurable proportions, we have now discovered the one area where Smoke actually trumps Vapor. Nobody argues over it.

Even though Marlboro was definitely better...

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)
I'm reminded of the time my friend and I were arguing over which was better, Camel or Marlboro, and...

Wait. No. We never argued over who had the better tobacco.

So, in an ironic twist of immeasurable proportions, we have now discovered the one area where Smoke actually trumps Vapor. Nobody argues over it.

Even though Marlboro was definitely better...

lol Very cute post.

My 2cents: Both are great. Buy and use both VV and VW! Works for me.

Sometimes you feel like a Kick, sometimes you don't.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Given the choice of technologies, I'd like to have a VT device ... Variable Temperature. That's not going to happen except in a proprietary device that requires the use of atomizers with a built-in thermistor to sense the temperature in the bowl. Even then, different juices will like different temperatures.

I'm happy with the variable voltage of my Provari, but I can see variable wattage being a benefit, too. As long as I can do the math and compensate for different resistances, VV will do just fine. VW would automatically produce the desired vape.

My Provari can sense the voltage of the battery, the voltage I've set it to vape at, and the resistance of the atomizer coil. A software revision could take those values and produce a variable wattage device. I think they have chosen not to do that at this time, but I see it being possible down the road in a new firmware revision if the market demands it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread