Status
Not open for further replies.

Dougiestyle

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2011
Knoxville, TN USA
I swapped the Vector cap onto my Stumpy base, using the Vector o-rings. Dual parallel twisted 26ga @ .18 and the clouds are there! Unflavored liquid, so dunno about flavor production with this set-up.

Hoping wifey got the message about the comp cap for my b-day at the end of the month. ;-)

Mrez

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2014
New Jersey, United States
I just ordered one of these to spruce up my Vector a bit and get rid of the annoying blow back. It was a tough call between this and other comp cap, but this is apparently interchangable with the Vulcan as well, and since it works with the Vulcan, I might even be able to get it to work with my snub nose.

https://www.vapourlifestyle.com/products/accessories/jaybo-comp-cap-trade.html

I didnt think the airflow was adjustable, but when you go to buy it takes you to another page where there are additional pics of how it set up. Hopefully it was a good buy.

Reactions: AstroTurf

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
I just ordered one of these to spruce up my Vector a bit and get rid of the annoying blow back. It was a tough call between this and other comp cap, but this is apparently interchangable with the Vulcan as well, and since it works with the Vulcan, I might even be able to get it to work with my snub nose.

https://www.vapourlifestyle.com/products/accessories/jaybo-comp-cap-trade.html

I didnt think the airflow was adjustable, but when you go to buy it takes you to another page where there are additional pics of how it set up. Hopefully it was a good buy.
Very Nice!

Let us know how you like it.

Thanks, Jim

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mrez

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2014
https://www.javape.com/jaybovlscompcap.html A more detailed picture of how its put together. Judging by the second picture it looks like there's a range of options in there. I just built up my best 26 gauge kanthal fused coils to date to load up when it comes in. Pic's are likely later in the week.

Mrez

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2014
I have no patience. Rebuilt today with my best fused coils to date.
Vector dual 26 g kanthal fused.jpg

Highwayman1224

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2012
Goodyear, AZ
20151010_175606.jpg
I have an authentic Vector as well as this clone from Rob at Reo's mods called the rm9. It's made for bottom feeder mods & works fantastic on my Reo Woodvil! The only difference is the Driptip on the clone is a little taller & a little thinner. Great flavor & vapor outta the Vector.

ka724ka

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2012
Newark, California
So I got the jaybo/vls top cap and sleeve today and its very nice, but for some reason it does not sit flush on the base. Tried it with different O rings and without, and no mas. Its a bit to tight around the base. Anyone have better luck?
My Jaybo cap also does not sit flush to the base. I think it's normal.

Mrez

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2014
My Jaybo cap also does not sit flush to the base. I think it's normal.

So I reached out to VLS to see what they had to say. They said that the tolerances were very positive and it needs to be jammed on and off a few times before it sits flush. Considering I need pliers the first time I jammed it on...we'll see. I'm gonna give it another week of use before i decide to can it or not.

Reactions: ka724ka

Vapin Dave

ECF Veteran
Sep 9, 2015
California
I posted earlier in this thread about my mxv2 base working with the vector topcap. This however exited me way more! A coworker of mine had a velocity mini clone from fasttech that he didn't want so I gladly took it off of his hands, the rda itself is terrible, the top cap barely even sits in place. BUT I switched out the base o rings for the spare vector ones and the vector top cap now fits on the velocity mini base! Coil building heaven with the best top airflow design yet, worth the 8.50 or so even if I hadn't got it for free!
I love my velocity mini, I got a Tobeco one though the build quality is freaking great

ka724ka

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2012
Newark, California
So I reached out to VLS to see what they had to say. They said that the tolerances were very positive and it needs to be jammed on and off a few times before it sits flush. Considering I need pliers the first time I jammed it on...we'll see. I'm gonna give it another week of use before i decide to can it or not.
It's good to know. Hoping you will have positive result with that. I tried mine on two vector bases that I have with no luck to make it sit flush, the base diameter is hairline bigger that the cap. The only solution I think is either file the base or cap inner a lil bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread