• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

vegan mac and yeast recipe

Status
Not open for further replies.

wallawally

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2009
Lehi, UT
lets start these recipes off right with my favorite one!
macandyeast.jpg

i found this recipe on veganyumyum and tweaked it for what i like.

ok so here is what you will need

kr808d-1 (or 510)with a pear cartomizer in your mouth
a box of small pasta (i think they are 16oz)
1/3 cup vegan margarine (i use nucoa)
1/3 cup flour
2 Tbs liquid aminos (or soy sauce)
1 Tbs tahini (or any other smooth unsweetened nut butter)
1 Tbs tomato paste
1 Tbs mellow white miso (this really is necessary for smooth texture)
1 1/2 cups rice,soy,hemp or almond milk
1/4-1/2 cup nutritional large yeast flakes

this is the basic sauce and it is really good alone but i usually add a bunch of stuff to it like: bacon bitts, artichoke hearts, peas, black beans, chilies, really whatever i have sittin around

and on to the method, i am assuming that most people know how to cook pasta so i will leave that out.

get yourself a large frying pan and start to melt you butter on med heat, as soon as the butter melts (im saying the second) slowly whisk in the flour. keep whisking the flour on med heat for about a minute or the mixture is slightly golden brown (if this is not cooked well enough the sauce will taste floury). when it has turned pull off the flame add the next four ingredients and stir it up. now put the concoction back on the flame and cook while stirring for another minute. (dun dun dun) now we add the milk! while whisking on high heat add about a cup of milk fairly slow, here is where you determine how thick you want your sauce. if you think it needs more milk, add more milk. if not, dont! simmer the sauce for a minute on two just to make sure it is a thick as it is going to get. and the last thing in making some good eats is to add as much or as little nutritional yeast as you like, toss with pasta and some random stuff and put a little garnish on top

hope you all like it and let me know what you are putting in yours!:D

Last edited:

wallawally

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2009
Lehi, UT
:lol:

I do have some pear lung juice from NHaler for my 510. Will that go with the dish as well or might it change the outcome of the recipe too much???

i guess as long as you use pear its all good!

and ya you need white mellow miso. you can make your own nut butter i grind sunflower seeds in a coffee grinder and add a little safflower oil.

ladybug

ECF Veteran
May 7, 2009
northern calif.
Wow,that picture of veg mac n cheese makes me hungry:) My parents took a cooking class on vegan cooking thru some church sponsered program,and they learned a lot about the health benefits of vegetarian eating. I think it was the 7 day advantis church,they are strict with what they eat,but they live long lives. Parents don't go to that church,but do like the healthy eating style. My dad does a lot of fishing,so we do eat fresh fish,but I do not eat red meat. If I have a burger craving,I have a gardenburger,if I make chili,I use soy crumbles,if I gotta have bacon I use a soy imitation that my family calls 'faking bacon'. I also love shirataki noodles,also called miracle noodles,as my substitute for pasta.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread