Vegetable Glycerin Warning!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan419

Aug 13, 2014
Tulalip WA
Thought this might be the best place to post this:

So about a month ago had blood test done that showed alt liver enzymes (caused by damage to liver). There can be a ton of causes for this. But one is to high of intake of sugar and VG converts to sugar in the body. I have been using around PG 20/80 VG mix 3+ ml per day (around 100 ml per month) for over 6 months. I plan to have my alt liver enzymes levels checked again in the next few days see it they have dropped back to normal. If they have not went back to normal. I plan to switch to as close to 100% pg as I can get then get tested again after a month or so.

Just wanted to but this warning out there. That to much vg may cause liver damage.
so if you are a heavy VG vaper like me. Next time you are at the doc may want to have a blood test to check for alt liver enzymes. Better safe than sorry right.

Well let me know if you have alt liver enzymes if you get checked and I'll update when I know more too!

Not trying to scare people away from e cigs or VG. Just we are kinda the lab rats for e cigs. so we need to be on top of this stuff. Because if too much VG can cause liver damage. People can limit the amount of VG they intake and prevent this.

Ryan419

Aug 13, 2014
Tulalip WA
No I'm not sure just know that VG converts to sugar in the body from some one who had a adverse affect from to much sugar that was fixed by switching to 100%pg blend

and read that to much sugar can cause liver damage.
But I have experienced some weight gain but might just be age turning 29 on the 30th of may lol

But really just wanted to but it out there in case it may be the cause like I said gonna get retested in a few days to see if they went back to normal.

Ryan419

Aug 13, 2014
Tulalip WA
vape-addict" data-source="post: 15704822" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
vape-addict said:
hear we go again ..this post reeks of troll
not trying to be a troll vaping my 20/80 right now as I type just trying to let people know. It may be a risk. Like I said plan to update as soon as I know more and I'm not quitting vaping just might be switching to 100% pg to see if it fixes it. If it don't fix it I will update that I don't think it is the cause. Also not say n to go out of your way to get tested but if your at a doc might as well have your blood tested to see.

and its not like I'm sick just happened to find out because I donate plasma and they test it every time I donate and it was high for over 3 weeks so they deferred me for a month and so plan to get tested in a few days to see if it is still high in a few day before I try to donate again otherwise I will be deferred for life. if I get another test back with high alt results.

ckquatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Milledgeville, GA
I just had my blood work done last week. Liver enzymes were normal. A couple of years ago I went to get my blood work done and my enzymes were through the roof! It was because I had a few beers the night before.

Not everything is caused by vaping! Stop scare mongering! There is a reason these memes exist...
First%20World%20Problems%20Girl.jpg

spacekitty

Krazee Kat Laydee & Guru-X2.5
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
SoCal, USA
I posted this in the other location of this thread, too...

I would like to know what research you have based your findings on... other than your own experience??

We are inhaling the heated VG fumes/vapor, not ingesting it. And although I am not diabetic, I have been a Max VG user for for over 4 1/2 years with no change in any of my blood work levels!!

I would not jump to conclusions about VG causing your problems, and have your Doctor check for other sources. And I would definitely stay away from the high PG juices!!!

Best of Luck to you... :)

spacekitty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
SoCal, USA
I just had my blood work done last week. Liver enzymes were normal. A couple of years ago I went to get my blood work done and my enzymes were through the roof! It was because I had a few beers the night before.

I also had elevated liver enzymes caused by heavy drinking, not just a few beers... but when I quit about 5 yrs. ago, they all went back to normal!! :)

Maybe the OP should lay off the sauce, not the VG... :rolleyes: LOL!!

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
... I have been using around PG 20/80 VG mix 3+ ml per day (around 100 ml per month) for over 6 months. ...

80% of 3.5ml is 2.8ml of VG per day.

You Don't actually Absorb all that VG into your Body. But say you do.

Is 2.8ml of VG a Day enough to Effect your Liver Enzymes?

ckquatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Milledgeville, GA
I also had elevated liver enzymes caused by heavy drinking, not just a few beers... but when I quit about 5 yrs. ago, they all went back to normal!! :)

Maybe the OP should lay off the sauce, not the VG... :rolleyes: LOL!!
..well I mean... it was a Thanksgiving party! Maybe I flubbed the numbers a bit when I said a few. ...it got a little hairy there towards the end! :party: But they took it again the next day and they were normal. :thumbs:

Reactions: spacekitty

spacekitty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
SoCal, USA
..well I mean... it was a Thanksgiving party! Maybe I flubbed the numbers a bit when I said a few. ...it got a little hairy there towards the end! :party: But they took it again the next day and they were normal. :thumbs:

I was talking about YEARS of heavy drinking... not just one day... LOL!!
drinkingwine.gif~original

Jorge22

ECF Veteran
The most VG I use is some 50/50 juices, as I like PG and have no probs with it. The initial post made me think but it seems it's not exactly that way - good. In fact, I'll be doing blood tests come monday. We'll see. But I've been vaping for 4+ years, had blood tests in the meantime and never any issue.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    • Deleted by retired1
    • Reason: Off topic
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread