• Reason: Off topic

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
I guess I'm wondering why someone would post any type of "warning" without any facts to back it up.

How is this helpful to anyone?

That's exactly what "public health" is doing... I guess it's catching. :D

The only problems I know about with VG are that some people have breathing problems if they use too much of it -- I can't use more than about 16%. Thank goodness I have no issues with PG!

Andria

lamarrk

ECF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2013
Huntsville, Alabama (Rocket City), USA
I am diabetic and taking several meds that can cause liver damage. I have routine blood tests every 3 to 6 months for that reason. My A1C is below 7 (6.5 on my last blood test). No elevated liver enzymes and I vape high VG juices (30/70 and 25/75) and at least 10 ml every day.

If you have elevated liver enzymes, it ain't the VG causing it. You should go see a doctor.

catsitter

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2014
Massapequa Park, NY, USA
FWIW, I'm diabetic, I usually vape between 100% VG and 75 vg/25 pg, and my blood sugar numbers haven't changed at all - if VG were to convert to sugar and affect anything, it would be showing up there first, so ...

jleeper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Dallas, TX
Seriously? You're inhaling the VG, not ingesting it. Even if you did drink 3ml of pure VG a day, I'm pretty confident you are getting a lot more sugar from other sources in you diet. Please don't be throwing around supposedly scary stuff from one anecdotal incident without having something more to back it up.

Last edited:

Katmar

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2009
Pittsburgh, Pa
Thought this might be the best place to post this:

So about a month ago had blood test done that showed alt liver enzymes (caused by damage to liver). There can be a ton of causes for this. But one is to high of intake of sugar and VG converts to sugar in the body. I have been using around PG 20/80 VG mix 3+ ml per day (around 100 ml per month) for over 6 months. I plan to have my alt liver enzymes levels checked again in the next few days see it they have dropped back to normal. If they have not went back to normal. I plan to switch to as close to 100% pg as I can get then get tested again after a month or so.

Just wanted to but this warning out there. That to much vg may cause liver damage.
so if you are a heavy VG vaper like me. Next time you are at the doc may want to have a blood test to check for alt liver enzymes. Better safe than sorry right.

Well let me know if you have alt liver enzymes if you get checked and I'll update when I know more too!

Not trying to scare people away from e cigs or VG. Just we are kinda the lab rats for e cigs. so we need to be on top of this stuff. Because if too much VG can cause liver damage. People can limit the amount of VG they intake and prevent this.

Ryan, I understand your concern, but your thread title is a bit of scare mongering. If you had studies that backed up such a warning, that would be one thing. Like the others have said, maybe get some more blood work done and find out the real cause of high enzymes. Sometimes it's something simple and they just return to normal. Good luck to you.

Reactions: spacekitty

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto
Well let me know if you have alt liver enzymes if you get checked and I'll update when I know more too!

Not trying to scare people away from e cigs or VG. Just we are kinda the lab rats for e cigs. so we need to be on top of this stuff. Because if too much VG can cause liver damage. People can limit the amount of VG they intake and prevent this.

maybe you should get a second professional opinion before shouting from the rafters ... vaping VG is causing damage to your liver.

I'm with others ... how much booze do you drink?

TaketheRedPill

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2009
Southern California
....So about a month ago had blood test done that showed alt liver enzymes (caused by damage to liver).....

from what I read at medicine net, ALT and AST levels don't seem to be definitive reflectors of liver functioning. They are better indicators that the liver is fighting some sort of viral infection such as Hep C to reacting to anything from ingestion (toxicity) of narcotics, barbituates, acetaminophen, ibuprofen, and aspirin to common antibiotics such as tetracycline. So, just about anything can skew the values.

the article linked below says that Albumin (3.5 to 5 g/dL) and bilirubin (0.1 to 1.0 mg/dL) levels are better indicators of liver health as are LDH (150,000 to 400,000 per microliter (mcL) and platelet count (150,000 to 400,000 per microliter (mcL). So if you only have one value off, and your doctor didn't order follow-on tests, you probably don't have much to worry about.

If you have any concerns about test results, you really should call your doctor for a better explanation. But anyway, here's the link:
What blood tests are done to detect liver function? (Continued) - Liver Blood Tests: Get the Facts on Abnormal Values

TyPie

ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2013
New Joisey (aka NJ)
I would just like to suggest, that if people are having some type of problem, and the cause is not known for certain, to please refrain from posting things like, "WARNING! VG WARNING!" in seemingly urgent headlines. You scare the bejesus out of people for no apparent reason. Might even cause a few heart attacks, for God's sake. It COULD have been the peanut butter and jelly sandwich you ate the morning of your test.

I think that we ALL want to know if and when some vaping ingredient is known to be a problem, but
PUHLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE........(as I go right back to vaping my 80 VG/20 PG delicious peach.....)

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
His absence in this thread I think speaks volumes as to the true intention of the post...

Exactly -- the ANTZ credo -- "if you can't find anything ACTUALLY bad about vaping... just MAKE SOMETHING UP and HOLLER IT REAL LOUD!" :facepalm:

Andria

iamthevoice

ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2014
Ottawa, Canada
First of all, elevated alanine aminotransferase levels usually point to liver disease along the lines of cirrhosis and hepatitis. Elevated levels of sugar that would lead to such noticeable liver damage would have manifested in other organs far before.

OP, you're not getting that much VG through inhalation, not enough by a long shot to cause "sugar" imbalances metabolically!

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    I'll admit... I'm naive and gullible. I friggin hate these type of threads.. Especially since my liver isn't good to begin with..:-x:-x:-x:-x:-x

Agreed, for a minute I thought about having to give up vaping which would be very hard as it's for an Auto-Immune Disorder. Having a biopsy on mine Wed because they can't find why I have high levels.

All part of the Internet, I suppose...

TriStar

Verified Member
    Apr 2, 2015
    USA
    OP, your post is woefully inadequate. The evidence (or rather lack thereof) presented does not constitute a "warning" of any kind.
    I really do not want to be rude, but there is more than enough misinformation out there to confuse the masses. If at all possible, let's not add to it.

*Disclaimer: copy/pasted from the other, identical, now closed thread. Speaking of which, this thread should be closed as well, due to utter nonsense and silly goosery.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread