• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Velocity rda?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ninthsine

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 15, 2015
i've tried it before. basically, like what @errolng said, use the top 2 holes on the post for 2 coils. one on each side and bottom 2 for 2 coils, one on each side as well. the vapor produced will be warm, dense and thick which is nice. but i could take that beast up to 180w. i'll try and find a pic to post it for you later.

ChasingTheCloud

Nov 26, 2015
i've tried it before. basically, like what @errolng said, use the top 2 holes on the post for 2 coils. one on each side and bottom 2 for 2 coils, one on each side as well. the vapor produced will be warm, dense and thick which is nice. but i could take that beast up to 180w. i'll try and find a pic to post it for you later.
yes 2 holes 2 coils right? that guy said 2 holes 1 coil so i was confuse, but what if i got a 26g wire, how many wraps and id should i make?

Karstine

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2015
yes 2 holes 2 coils right? that guy said 2 holes 1 coil so i was confuse, but what if i got a 26g wire, how many wraps and id should i make?

Bro, I probably think you should brush up on your safety.

If single coil has a resistance of 1ohm (26g x 8 wraps x 2.5mm)

Dual coil will have total resistance of 0.5ohm (2 x 26g x 8 wraps x 2.5mm)

Triple coil will have total resistance of 0.33 ohm (3 x 26g x 8 wraps x 2.5mm)

Quadruple coil will have total resistance of 0.25 ohm (4 x 26g x 8 wraps x2.5mm)

Basically, you divide the resistance by the total number of coil to get total resistance of the rba. The more number of coil you have, the lower the resistance (sure you can have 1 ohm quad coil, you probably have to use a 33g wire or have a huge build deck)

Note: all the total resistance are rounded up/down. Please use a proper vape calculator if you have no experience with multi coil.

Reactions: Ninthsine

ChasingTheCloud

Nov 26, 2015
Bro, I probably think you should brush up on your safety.

If single coil has a resistance of 1ohm (26g x 8 wraps x 2.5mm)

Dual coil will have total resistance of 0.5ohm (2 x 26g x 8 wraps x 2.5mm)

Triple coil will have total resistance of 0.33 ohm (3 x 26g x 8 wraps x 2.5mm)

Quadruple coil will have total resistance of 0.25 ohm (4 x 26g x 8 wraps x2.5mm)

Basically, you divide the resistance by the total number of coil to get total resistance of the rba. The more number of coil you have, the lower the resistance (sure you can have 1 ohm quad coil, you probably have to use a 33g wire or have a huge build deck)

Note: all the total resistance are rounded up/down. Please use a proper vape calculator if you have no experience with multi coil.
is quad coil at .25 ohm that bad?

Ninthsine

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 15, 2015
is quad coil at .25 ohm that bad?
Its not exactly bad but @Karstine has alr typed out in a easier way of understanding building multiple coils than what i would have typed out haha. better be safe bcos going that low ohms and so many coils you gonna need lots of power, and when drawing high wattages from the batteries, it pushes out higher amps. So better make sure your batteries can push out at least 20amps continuous discharge to be safe. Using lg hg2 (choc bar(lg brown)) you will never go wrong.

Reactions: Loylipop

ChasingTheCloud

Nov 26, 2015
Its not exactly bad but @Karstine has alr typed out in a easier way of understanding building multiple coils than what i would have typed out haha. better be safe bcos going that low ohms and so many coils you gonna need lots of power, and when drawing high wattages from the batteries, it pushes out higher amps. So better make sure your batteries can push out at least 20amps continuous discharge to be safe. Using lg hg2 (choc bar(lg brown)) you will never go wrong.
aww im using the lg he4, do you think its good enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread