• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Velocity rda?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loylipop

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2015
Singapore
12552565_10208355863197904_4820755019382440962_n.jpg
12592723_10208355862997899_3982075570965228415_n.jpg
12647468_10208355863357908_1008658030720771497_n.jpg

I just got mine in this packaging. With the black or silver allen key i forgot(one of it). What do you guys think? Clone? Or the real thing?
I got it at 60SGD and the seller claims its authentic.
This is my first rda, any suggestion with the best coil build for flavor?

ChasingTheCloud

Nov 26, 2015

Loylipop

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2015
Singapore
12640347_10208356041362358_6807575958432743262_o.jpg

This is the current coil build I have. 24G Kanthal. And i use those normal cotton pads for makeup removal for my wick.
This is my first RBA but one thing i find difficult with RBAs is idk how to tell if its dried out.
I've only been using it for a week but one time I was vaping it at 70W and I had a mini explosion happen inside (like the one the guy on stomp experienced but smaller) and my throat burned like a mother f***er. I dont know if its because it was too dry but I'm never vaping more than 50Ws on this ever again...
:danger::danger::danger:

WarA

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2015
Clone btw, lol supplier have no idea at all. It's not a tobecco manufactured clone, some other clone company I forgot. But it's of decent quality.

As velocity overall design is really simple, it doesn't make much sense to buy the authentic. That's my opinion as rda are exposed to more extremes, you could argue that authentic offers more durability. But in hindsight the other end of the stick is true too that you can buy more clones to offset durability issues.

Edit: just fyi most* non China made authentic usually go for above 100usd, if it's below high chances clone or second hand with defects.

Last edited:
Reactions: Loylipop

errolng

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2013
Home
View attachment 525402 View attachment 525403 View attachment 525404

I just got mine in this packaging. With the black or silver allen key i forgot(one of it). What do you guys think? Clone? Or the real thing?
I got it at 60SGD and the seller claims its authentic.
This is my first RDA, any suggestion with the best coil build for flavor?

yep its a clone.
as wara mentioned, u can tell just on the price alone.
a simple google search would let u know how much it would cost.
i don't think anyone would bring in an authentic to sell as they would probably have to sell it above 300sgd to make it worth their while.

i paid 115usd if i'm not wrong.
packaging is different too.

Ninthsine

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 15, 2015
View attachment 525407

This is the current coil build I have. 24G Kanthal. And i use those normal cotton pads for makeup removal for my wick.
This is my first RBA but one thing i find difficult with RBAs is idk how to tell if its dried out.
I've only been using it for a week but one time I was vaping it at 70W and I had a mini explosion happen inside (like the one the guy on stomp experienced but smaller) and my throat burned like a mother f***er. I dont know if its because it was too dry but I'm never vaping more than 50Ws on this ever again...
Is the cotton some organic unbleached cotton? Cos from what i know, most makeup removal cotton pads arent. If its not, better not use them as bleached cotton = vaping chemicals used to bleach the cotton

Karstine

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2015
View attachment 525407

50watt is not dangerous, it's how you use it. As @Ninthsine said, keep away from make up cotton unless you boil the cotton.

Your cotton looks like it's clogging the coil. Try to use less cotton.

Loylipop

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2015
Singapore
Is the cotton some organic unbleached cotton? Cos from what i know, most makeup removal cotton pads arent. If its not, better not use them as bleached cotton = vaping chemicals used to bleach the cotton

I dont think so... Its hard to find those unbleached ones from here and I don't know where to get them. I see alot of youtube videos they also use them leh ahahhaahah

50watt is not dangerous, it's how you use it. As @Ninthsine said, keep away from make up cotton unless you boil the cotton.

Your cotton looks like it's clogging the coil. Try to use less cotton.

How do I boil the cotton bro? Just put them in a pot of boiling water and dry it after?
Really meh. I was trying some Swedish roll wicking technique i saw on youtube leh. And they said I need more cotton so that it can store more juice with the RDA cause no tank :(

errolng

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2013
Home
I dont think so... Its hard to find those unbleached ones from here and I don't know where to get them. I see alot of youtube videos they also use them leh ahahhaahah

How do I boil the cotton bro? Just put them in a pot of boiling water and dry it after?
Really meh. I was trying some Swedish roll wicking technique i saw on youtube leh. And they said I need more cotton so that it can store more juice with the RDA cause no tank :(

yep just boil and dry.
you can try getting koh gen do from certain departmental stores.

i use the scottish roll too and it does require a lot of wick.
the tails of my wick are relatively thin and 'fluffy' though and make sure they just touch the deck.
the thick part is the part in the coil itself.

taps41

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2012
Singapore
View attachment 525407

If u r using 24 gauge kanthal and it looks like a 6 wraps on 2 or 2.5mm profile, doing dual coil seems like very low ohm.. maybe that's y u get that 'explosive' drag. U might wanna try do more wraps and aim for 0.4 ohm..

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

Loylipop

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2015
Singapore
yep just boil and dry.
you can try getting koh gen do from certain departmental stores.

i use the scottish roll too and it does require a lot of wick.
the tails of my wick are relatively thin and 'fluffy' though and make sure they just touch the deck.
the thick part is the part in the coil itself.

If u r using 24 gauge kanthal and it looks like a 6 wraps on 2 or 2.5mm profile, doing dual coil seems like very low ohm.. maybe that's y u get that 'explosive' drag. U might wanna try do more wraps and aim for 0.4 ohm..

Thanks guys I will try it again! More wraps, prolly 3mm? I'm more used to building on my subohm tanks so I guess I normally do low ohms coils. I guess I just have to experience and play around with the build more.

taps41

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2012
Singapore
Thanks guys I will try it again! More wraps, prolly 3mm? I'm more used to building on my subohm tanks so I guess I normally do low ohms coils. I guess I just have to experience and play around with the build more.
U change one factor at a time. Try more wraps first, then try bigger profile, then try both. Then u can find ur sweet spot.

cloudsclouds

Moved On
Feb 4, 2016
View attachment 525407

sorry had to say..... your coil looks very sad =P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread