RDA Velocity v2 clone or Tsunami 24 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

seek2

ECF Veteran
May 25, 2014
Chicago, IL
Oh man, good thing you didn't get the tsunami. If you are having leaking issues on velocity, tsunami would never of worked. That thing pisses juice when you screw up. If you are getting leaking from the side, then you are over dripping. I just drip right into the drip tip. With a dropper it's fine because I know how much it can take. Sometimes with plastic bottles such as unicorn bottles will over drip if not paying attention.

But drip through there or unscrew the drip tip. It's how the device was designed to be used.

Condensation and juice popping and hitting the wall is normal as the above poster mentioned. You will notice it after some time and when you turn the air flow. It will need to be wiped down from time to time. The orings are garbage and will break easily, be sure they are lubricated when putting on the cap.

I removed the hollow pin as soon as I got it and nothing came off, so whatever came off you did the correct thing by putting back .

Cotton you will know by tasting it. If you torched it yeah, but just a dry hit is completely normal.

Reactions: chazz80

chazz80

Mar 28, 2016
New York
Thanks for the tips guys :) Haven't had any leaking issues since! I think it was that i was overdripping. i did a count and found a sweet spot of about 10-12 drops anything over and it would flood out. I been using it in temp mode so i don't get any burnt hits, but it leaves alot to be desired vape wise. For a good warm hit i seem to need to crank the temp up to say 450 F, watts about 60-75 depending. But wouldnt putting the temp up that high defeat the purpose of TC? I can get away with keeping it at 420 f but then i need to crank up the wattages. Should i just stick to watts mode and just remember to drip after every few hits?

Side note i always try to be soo careful and after going the past few days with no drops i tipped over my mod with the clone on it TWICE already today. Got worried at first then realized "hey no glass, don't need to worry, and it's cheap, so i can always get another" Just worry since it's a clone soemthing might snap off it's dropped enough. Man, i can't even imagine having an authentic, or a really expensive mod like some of you guys and dropping them. I'd be heart broken.

Reactions: gpjoe

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
Personally, I have no use for temp control. I mainly use mech mods though I do use regulated mods in wattage mode. It's not that hard to keep an eye on the juice level in an atty by looking through the chuff cap. If I'm doing something where I can't (or don't want to) bother looking or dripping - like driving or even watching the TV - I use a Reo or a mod with a tank. I do get an occasional dry hit on my RDAs, but still don't care enough to fuss with temp control.

Different strokes, I guess.

chazz80

Mar 28, 2016
New York
Oh guys i also forgot to mention LOTS of burrs on this clone. One was right in one of post holes, I thought i was SOL and they forgot to drill out a hole, thats how big it was. Luckily it came right out. but damn, that would have been scary if i didn't check and it fell off inside and inhaled that up. Also have one that sticks out of the side of the 510 screw ( not the squonk one) That one wont come off, but the screw still went in fine when i screwed it into the velocity, it's not on the threads, more by the actual screw head, the side of it near the slot. But I'm worried it can cause a short if it touches the side. I'm sure it would have caused a short by now if it was a problem. Should i take some sand paper and try and sand it down? tried clipping it off with a flat head screwdriver, but it won't budge.

seek2

ECF Veteran
May 25, 2014
Chicago, IL
It's a $10 clone. Can't expect much. If there are legit burrs that you feel would cause a short, definitely file or sand them down.

I don't have mine on me at the moment, but don't have any burrs. But could be something as simple as the machinist didn't clean it up right due to laziness, or this one got missed. Since these are mass produced it's probably not a machinist cleaning it up, but a low end factory worker that hates his job. Just clean it up yourself if needed.

chazz80

Mar 28, 2016
New York
lol seek, well this guy must REALLY hate his job. If i take out the chuff top and run my finger over the threads it feels like a cheese grater. I'm going to throw a different build in it today and clean it up as much as possible. Wonder if i can get by just using some light sandpaper over them without messing up the threading. It would no doubt over time shred the drip tip from screwing and unscrewing.

chazz80

Mar 28, 2016
New York
I need to clean out my other tanks today as well. They still have that bargain gas station juice in it. Oh it was sooo brutal. I just tried taking a vape on it as it's still in the Griffin and I still have PTSD from it. I think i should just take those tanks out back that have been tainted with it and just bury them in the garden in the middle of the night. My luck come next spring i'd have Godzilla weeds growing from it. I'll keep the bottle though, as if i ever want to stop vaping i'll just drip that juice again in my velocity. 18 mg of peppery goodness!

chazz80

Mar 28, 2016
New York
It's me chazz again , sorry for another post. Just wanted to update on my latest build in my velocity. I threw in a fused Clapton (kanthal/nichrome) 7 wrap spaced/3.5 ID. Comes in at 0.45. HOLY dantes inferno guys. This RDA gets HOT with those dual claptons. I can't chain vape it without burning my lips, especially if I open up the airflow and it makes the chuff top closer to the metal on the RDA. I overdripped again and went to fire it off and boiling juice shot out the sides onto my arm and left me with a nice big blister.

I'm just worried cause the RDA is making my mods get really hot. I'm running it around 65-80 watts. Should I look into getting a heat sink adapter? or are they garbage and can mess up a solid connection? How about the burning the lips thing? would using the 510 adapter and putting a different drip tip on it help? I'm thinking of using the merlin drip tip on it, but not sure I will be able to drip through it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread