Status
Not open for further replies.

bryaninaustin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2012
Austin, TX
My first order arrived last night. Night Shift is awesome right out of the mailbox! If you don't know, it is a glazed chocolate donut coffee vape. When I opened the bottle I could smell mostly sweet coffee. The glazed donut is what comes through mostly for me when I vape this with lighter coffee and chocolate notes. This stuff is absolutely delicious! Next in line are Vanilla Custard and Candybar.

When I ordered from them they were in the middle of a move so the order took awhile to arrive. I knew it would and didn't mind. When it did, they had included 25ml of samples. Now that is good customer service! The sent a 10ml bottle of Strawb-Guab which smells wonderful and a 15ml bottle of Burley Beard which is a tobacco vape. I will probably PIF that one because I don't really don't like tobacco vapes.

Their juice is 100% vg so I wondered if the flavors were going to not come through but they really do. The throat hit is way stronger than I expected. In fact, the harsh TH is actually going to take some getting used to. It's not bad, just different. Since it isn't the PG it must be the nicotine which I know they make themselves. Anyone have thoughts on that?

Anyway....Very Happy Customer!

Reactions: Cam775

SharonMM

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2013
Lakeville, MN
Idk.. the longer I vape, the more I think that pg=more throat hit and flavor is a misleading generalization. There are plenty of good, full tasting, throat hitting vapes that are high or 100% vg. HHV purity line, vcv, bobas bounty, the plume room.. these flavors were all conceived in vg and are not lacking in any way. These are all using natural tobacco extracts too.. so maybe the high pg rule only applies for synthetics.

But I agree, velvet cloud is good stuff. You have me thinking about nightshift and vanilla custard now. :)

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo
Idk.. the longer I vape, the more I think that pg=more throat hit and flavor is a misleading generalization. There are plenty of good, full tasting, throat hitting vapes that are high or 100% vg. HHV purity line, vcv, bobas bounty, the plume room.. these flavors were all conceived in vg and are not lacking in any way. These are all using natural tobacco extracts too.. so maybe the high pg rule only applies for synthetics.

But I agree, velvet cloud is good stuff. You have me thinking about nightshift and vanilla custard now. :)

Agreed. VG is an excellent flavor carrier, and I'm wondering if possibly even a surperior one to PG. PG can cover up some off notes, which isn't an issue if the flavoring used doesn't have off notes that need covering. I think using all VG requires more skill from the mixer to get the flavor right, but with a skilled hand it can be fantastic. Two of the most flavorful and hardest hitting vapes in my possession right now are PG free. They aren't tobacco but they do use pure, naturally extracted ingredients, so maybe that's the key. PG can possibly cover up odd notes in synthetic flavorings, but VG can carry natural flavorings to wonderful heights?.. just a guess but I'm leaning towards that.

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk 2

bryaninaustin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2012
Austin, TX
Me thinks you are right! Like I said.....even without the PG this stuff has great strong flavor and a big ol' throat hit. I have never vaped 100% VG, so it caught me off guard. It was a pleasant surprise!

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo
Out of curiosity, what are they?

I'm not sure I can say.. not publically anyways. I'm beta testing a new line for a new-ish vendor.

Not sure if they'll be released at 100% vg. The vendor likes to start with vg as they consider it more "flavor transparent" than pg, and will add pg if it needs it. I think that's the plan anyways. I'm amazed at the throat hit and flavor.. huge. There's a complex chocolate dessert being worked on that is the first chocolate vape to really work well for me. I haven't had VelvetCloudVapor's chocolate dessert vapes yet though and hear they are very good. I'm looking forward to Night Shift.

bryaninaustin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2012
Austin, TX
Sorry to hear that! I ordered on the 28th. I knew there was a backlog though because of the move when I ordered. Once it shipped, it got here really quickly. I would shoot them an email if you haven't already.

When did you order? I ordered on the 4th and it hasn't shipped yet. Really can't wait because I am back on analogs until my order arrives. Unable to vape PG and no local B & M has any 100% VG juice.

AndreaR

Verified Member
Sep 4, 2013
United States
Sorry to hear that! I ordered on the 28th. I knew there was a backlog though because of the move when I ordered. Once it shipped, it got here really quickly. I would shoot them an email if you haven't already.

Thanks for your reply. If you ordered on the 28th and got it last night then I probably have awhile to wait yet. I ordered a sampler so once I know which ones I like best I'll try to order enough big bottles that I don't end up out of juice and back on analogs again.

The sad thing is all the samplers of PG juice I have sitting here that I can't use. It took me awhile to figure out I couldn't use PG.

bryaninaustin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2012
Austin, TX
Drats! It was worth a shot.... ;)

I'm not sure I can say.. not publically anyways. I'm beta testing a new line for a new-ish vendor.

Not sure if they'll be released at 100% vg. The vendor likes to start with vg as they consider it more "flavor transparent" than pg, and will add pg if it needs it. I think that's the plan anyways. I'm amazed at the throat hit and flavor.. huge. There's a complex chocolate dessert being worked on that is the first chocolate vape to really work well for me. I haven't had VelvetCloudVapor's chocolate dessert vapes yet though and hear they are very good. I'm looking forward to Night Shift.

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
I agree - especially Night Shift. That immediatley went to the head of my ADV's. It is so perfectly balanced it was hard for me to seperate the flavors fully. Even the coffee was fully blended. All I knew was that I had a very enjoyable mouth full that I wanted to mull over time and time again. Then it was gone - no after taste. Just nothing. But I liked it.

All of their flavors are good so far, but the Night Shift was the stand out for me. I am so jealous they upped your bottle size.

Im convinced that VG is a fine flavor carrier on it's own. What I think where any problems are coming from are what VG is mixed with, specifically when it's mixed at 20% rate using alcohol. That's miserable for me to vape. I think that much alchohol also mutes flavors as well.

The reality is that most of these flavorings we are using were designed to be baked in cakes and not for vaping. I suspect that if someone did work on flavors for vaping, there would be some radical changes in the composition of the flavorings developed.

My first order arrived last night. Night Shift is awesome right out of the mailbox! If you don't know, it is a glazed chocolate donut coffee vape. When I opened the bottle I could smell mostly sweet coffee. The glazed donut is what comes through mostly for me when I vape this with lighter coffee and chocolate notes. This stuff is absolutely delicious! Next in line are Vanilla Custard and Candybar.

When I ordered from them they were in the middle of a move so the order took awhile to arrive. I knew it would and didn't mind. When it did, they had included 25ml of samples. Now that is good customer service! The sent a 10ml bottle of Strawb-Guab which smells wonderful and a 15ml bottle of Burley Beard which is a tobacco vape. I will probably PIF that one because I don't really don't like tobacco vapes.

Their juice is 100% vg so I wondered if the flavors were going to not come through but they really do. The throat hit is way stronger than I expected. In fact, the harsh TH is actually going to take some getting used to. It's not bad, just different. Since it isn't the PG it must be the nicotine which I know they make themselves. Anyone have thoughts on that?

Anyway....Very Happy Customer!

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo
My plan is to try a few of their tobaccos and a couple non-tobaccos. Not sure what to get for the non-tobaccos yet. Night Shift for sure. Mewlew's Magic has an awesome list of flavors in the description: chocolates, cream, butterscotch, doughnuts, and fudge. Lmao; I love it. I see the Chocolate Pudding has an interesting list too: fudge, cream, custard, donuts, cake batter. Equally wild.

Any thoughts on those two? Maybe stick with Night Shift to try their take on chocolate and go for something else like Vanilla Custard or one of the fruits?

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
My plan is to try a few of their tobaccos and a couple non-tobaccos. Not sure what to get for the non-tobaccos yet. Night Shift for sure. Mewlew's Magic has an awesome list of flavors in the description: chocolates, cream, butterscotch, doughnuts, and fudge. Lmao; I love it. I see the Chocolate Pudding has an interesting list too: fudge, cream, custard, donuts, cake batter. Equally wild.

Any thoughts on those two? Maybe stick with Night Shift to try their take on chocolate and go for something else like Vanilla Custard or one of the fruits?

They all sound decadently rich! Mewlew's magic gets the most press and is probably their signature flavor outside of the Beards.

bryaninaustin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2012
Austin, TX
Some of the flavor profiles are so over the top and everything that I love. That's what drew me to them.

I have heard great things about their Vanilla Custard, too. I have a bottle at home, but I haven't tried it yet. One user on ECF said it was hands down better than Grant's or Custard's Last Stand.

They all sound decadently rich! Mewlew's magic gets the most press and is probably their signature flavor outside of the Beards.

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo

Right? I got type 2 diabetes just reading it. I love it.. if you're going to do something, go all out with it. "Let's see this has chocolate, fudge, cream, batter... still needs something...... donuts!

Dark passenger

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2013
Alexandria, IN, USA
my favorite flavors are from thevaporroom.net and you can select 100% vg if you want and i have been thinking of trying it...never vaped anything over 50% vg but they offer 75/25 or 100 percent vg and i think ill throw a bottle of 100vg in next time i order...they say they hand make each bottle they send out to you and i am crazy about their flavors compared to the 80% pg ones i was getting before they are just not good to me anymore after trying the 50/50 mix...i am big on fruit flavors tho or sweet flavors not coffees or tobacco flavors at allll but yeah i had always read the flavor and TH was in the pg and im glad i caught this thread to see some suggesting otherwise

SharonMM

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2013
Lakeville, MN
Maybe stick with Night Shift to try their take on chocolate and go for something else like Vanilla Custard or one of the fruits? [QUOTE ]

I would.. I have mewlew's magic and campfire.. I like them but they taste pretty close. The chocolate overpowers everything else.. really can't find all the flavors they say are in it. The chocolate is of the tootsie roll type. If you like the chocolate tootsie pops, you'd love it.

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo
I would.. I have mewlew's magic and campfire.. I like them but they taste pretty close. The chocolate overpowers everything else.. really can't find all the flavors they say are in it. The chocolate is of the tootsie roll type. If you like the chocolate tootsie pops, you'd love it.

Eek. I'm not a big fan tootsie roll type chocolate in vapes, which seems fairly common in chocolate vapes. I'll stick with Night Shift and proceed from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread