Velvet Cloud Vapor

Status
Not open for further replies.

johndoe1027

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2014
NC, USA
I was going to read this entire thread when I found out about VCV. Got to page 60 something before I just skipped ahead to talk about Thorangine.

I started out my VCV journey with Mt. Shasta and quickly went back for Night shift, Catherine and Sour skittles.

Ordered a couple 120s of unflavored and got Strawb Gawb, Vanilla Custard and Thorangine as samples.

THORANGINE ROCKS! It's got a light flavor that's just wonderful. the 5ml sampler lasted me maybe 18hr. Just ordered 30ml of it and asked for a sample of either White beard or Harvest Berries.

So far Catherine was the one I was most excited about and most disappointed with. It offended me OTB. Sour skittles tasted like a flowery perfume (also offensive and un-vapeable). Catherine tasted like the same perfume with some soap added in. They have been steeping for almost a month and are better but still not good at all. YMMV.

Night Shift was great but I'm not good at dessert juices. VC was great at first but as with all desserts (for me) it got old really fast.

Strawb Gawb was excellent. Mt Shasta as well but I like to add it to other flavors to methol-ize them bc it got old and too intense by itself.

FWIW, I tend to cut most of my flavors 10-50% with the VCV unflavored base. I drip and a lot of flavors are just too intense for me.

Long live VCV!

johndoe1027

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2014
NC, USA
Just placed my first order with Velvet Cloud today...got Thorangine and Mt Shasta. Have been searching for a good orange juice. Also like menthol,flavors. Cant wait for it to get to Indiana...

I think you'll like those a lot. Thorangine isn't heavy on the orange and, as with most VCV juices, the flavor is more natural and less candy like. If you like an 'in your face' flavor you might find it too light and you can always send it to me. :D

Mt Shasta is a great methol. I've heard more than one person say they hate menthols but don't mind Mt Shasta.

johndoe1027

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2014
NC, USA
Oh my gosh. Just tried the Thorangine again in my RDA. After chain vaping some delicious clouds I sat down and ordered 120ml while the newflavor sale is still valid. When I ordered the last bottle of Thorangine I asked for a sample of Harvest berries which is also one of my new favorite juices. Got 30ml of that on the way now too. :)

To date my list of VCV juices that I've tried in order of preference ATM.

Thorangine
Harvest Berries
Strawb Gawb
Mt Shasta
Unflavored (but it's harsh, need to add 33% of any flavor to make it smooth) - that said I add the VCV unflavored to A LOT of my juices. Makes them last longer and increases vapor production on any non-VCV juice that I have.
Night Shift
Vanilla Custard
Sour Skittles (will give away)
Catherine (will give away)

Last edited:
I ordered a bunch of bottles from them about a year ago and decided to try another round. 120 ml of Vanilla Custard + a sample pack. I can barely taste any flavor at all from the custard. It's more than muted, the flavor is practically non existent. Maybe after steeping a while it'll be better, I hope so anyway.

I wonder if my current love of big complex flavors like Five Pawns has just ruined me for other liquids?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jrenae4

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 13, 2013
ES, MD
I ordered a bunch of bottles from them about a year ago and decided to try another round. 120 ml of Vanilla Custard + a sample pack. I can barely taste any flavor at all from the custard. It's more than muted, the flavor is practically non existent. Maybe after steeping a while it'll be better, I hope so anyway.

I wonder if my current love of big complex flavors like Five Pawns has just ruined me for other liquids?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't ordered their VC in ages. I remember it having to get a nice amber color before it was good. Also since all VG takes longer to steep, I would think a 120 ml would take a good while. How old is it?

lloydchristmas

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2014
Baltimore
VC used to be all I vaped for probably six months then I moved onto ITC Vapes. On a whim, I ordered my favorites a few months back and all of the liquids were really watery, not thick like they previously were.

Anyways, fast forward again a few months and I saw some new flavors, particularly Granberrie and Frosted Gingerbread. The juice is back to being thick like you would expect an all-VG juice to be, and Frosted Gingerbread is delicious.

I haven't ordered their VC in ages. I remember it having to get a nice amber color before it was good. Also since all VG takes longer to steep, I would think a 120 ml would take a good while. How old is it?

It's about 10 days old. Another thing I noticed, it has a slight alcohol smell which I find odd.

Color is, I guess, kind of amber. I guess I'll give it another week or two and see how it tastes.
IMG_0051.jpg

I found a small bottle that's about 14 months old, this juice does not age well. It's black!

There is some taste, it's not flavorless. I'll drop them a line and see what they have to say. In the meantime, I just got my first RDA, I'll try some with that when I get a build done. Flavor should be better with that thing.

The other flavors I got from them in a sample pack definitely have more flavor. I haven't cared for those but they are more flavorful than the VC.

Nanny22

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2014
Michigan
What happened to VC's unflavored? I don't see it online anymore! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
It's still there if you type "unflavored" into the search bar.
I got an email from them yesterday -- code "FLASH" gets you 25% off, it should still be good but was only for 24 hours.

RuDawg7890

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
Sinking Spring, PA, USA
It's still there if you type "unflavored" into the search bar.
I got an email from them yesterday -- code "FLASH" gets you 25% off, it should still be good but was only for 24 hours.

Thank you!! Code still works!

Hey, haven't I seen you somewhere else 'round here! ;-)

Nanny22

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2014
Michigan
Oh my gosh. Just tried the Thorangine again in my RDA. After chain vaping some delicious clouds I sat down and ordered 120ml while the newflavor sale is still valid. When I ordered the last bottle of Thorangine I asked for a sample of Harvest berries which is also one of my new favorite juices. Got 30ml of that on the way now too. :)

To date my list of VCV juices that I've tried in order of preference ATM.

Thorangine
Harvest Berries
Strawb Gawb
Mt Shasta
Unflavored (but it's harsh, need to add 33% of any flavor to make it smooth) - that said I add the VCV unflavored to A LOT of my juices. Makes them last longer and increases vapor production on any non-VCV juice that I have.
Night Shift
Vanilla Custard
Sour Skittles (will give away)
Catherine (will give away)
I'm planning on picking up 120 ML of 6 MG unflavored - this is the first mention I have seen of "harshness" -
I see quite a few of you do buy unflavored - how would you describe the "taste"? Is harshness a problem? I have not ordered from VCV in quite a long time - do they still do samples and if so can you request a particular flavor? Any flavor suggestions?
THANKS!

RuDawg7890

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
Sinking Spring, PA, USA
Maybe!!!
Tell me about the unflavored, and any other flavor suggestions, samples, etc.
PLEEEEEZE, friend!

I have never experienced any harshness from VC unflavored, not even on a sub-ohm dripper. I've vaped it straight anywhere from 0-6mg. All I get is a bit of sweetness from the VG, it actually tastes pretty good all by itself.
As far as VC flavored goes, there are sooo many good ones! I've really enjoyed all of their tobacco flavors, especially Blue Beard. Their Vanilla Tobacco was my absolute favorite, but they stopped selling it a while back, and I've been on VC flavored strike ever since! (Although I did break down and order some Blue Beard with my unflavored today!)
Their candy bar & dessert flavors are wonderful, Mewlew's, Candy Bar etc..
I'm not much of a fun of their fruity flavors, I get a perfumey taste from them, but others seem to enjoy them, I did like Harvest Berry a lot though.
Night Shift is great, but has a tight steeping window. Too short of a steep, flavors don't pop, too long of a steep, flavors water down.
Unless something has changed, VC mixes all of their jooses pretty fresh, so most need some steeping, especially the tobacco flavors.

There are many new flavors that I haven't tried, and probably won't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread