Velvet Undies by Strix Elixirs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Velvet Undies

Having owned and operated a very large and successful online ejuice company for several years, the decision was made to leave and embark on a new endeavor. Today, our focus is on both the quality of our liquids and the ultimate happiness and satisfaction of our customers. Customer support is our focus and we are dedicated to ensuring that each customer receives personal attention. Our eJuice is premium quality; it is pre-steeped in small batches and ready to vape right out of the package. Each flavor is custom-steeped in small batches for the optimal amount of time according to its own proprietary recipe. This means that we don’t steep all of our flavors for the same amount of time, but customize the process for each blend. We realize many vapers are familiar with the steeping process, but wouldn’t it be easier to have eJuice that is already steeped to perfection before it arrives to your door? After years in the industry, we feel that offering pre-steeped eJuice will provide our customers with the very best vaping experience from the start. All of our flavors are complex and we test our recipes to perfection before they are released. Whether you’ve been vaping for a while or have just begun, we welcome you to Strix Elixirs.

Thank you for choosing us as your vendor. (from their website)

Operating out of Dallas, Texas, Strix Elixirs is a premium line of e-juice. A collaboration of the creative minds of Jennifer Zeares and Cory Shaw, the flavors this company creates are those found in the kitchens of a 5-star restaurant. Smooth, full of flavor, satisfying liquids that are easy on the senses, the entire of Strix Elixirs line is well worth the time and investment to try.

Not only are the juices premium quality, this is a company that cares about quality customer service. Great detail is paid to each and every order – including any custom flavors you request – and, once your purchase is in the mail, it arrives on your door step very quickly. Not only that, but you have the option of choosing a free 10ml bottle of juice with each and every order you place.

Having ordered one of their sample packs before (you can actually choose the flavors in which you are most interested), I knew I would be ordering from Strix again before long. As I’ve been telling people, “Life is too short to suffer bad juice.” So when their list of beta flavors went live on their website, I had to take a look.

The flavor combinations in their beta creations was intriguing, to say the least, but one flavor stood out to me more than the others – Velvet Undies. Since the other flavors I’d tried were awesome, it would be an understatement to say I had high hopes for this one.

My hopes were not high enough.

Upon opening the bottle, you can immediately smell the decadent chocolate cake that is the base for all red velvet cake. You almost get a sense of just how moist this piece of cake would be if it were on a plate in front of you. What you miss is that sickening, cloying overwhelming cream cheese frosting every red velvet cake comes buried in.

My first taste of Velvet Undies was, as it always is, as a drop of juice on my finger. I like to compare how a juice changes when heat is applied, and I was not about to let the chance to experience this creation like that slip away. The first taste was amazing. While the aroma without heat lacked the cream cheese frosting smell, that first taste supplied it, but it was like a backdrop – like those starry skies or autumn leaves you’ll find in the background of a school photo. The cream cheese was there to accent the chocolate, not mask it.

I could NOT wait to try this with my mod.

The aroma only grew richer when the juice was heated. It was like stepping into a corner bakery – one of those all the locals know that has a line out the door all the time. The chocolate wasn’t fake or artificial like some juices can be either – it was a true chocolate.

On first inhale at 50 watts, I felt like I had died and gone to heaven. The flavor was amazing – the richest, yet lightest red velvet cake I’d ever taste. It was so satisfying without any artificial or overly sweet after taste on your tongue.

On the exhale, you pick up that slight hint of cream cheese frosting, but again, it’s not overwhelming the chocolate at all. It’s a supporting player to the star instead of something you feel is coating your tongue, lips, and throat. It’s delicate and light, not heavy at all.

Just to set up how amazing this juice really is, imagine you're at a nice restaurant. Your meal is over, and you've decided to splurge for dessert because the restaurant's red velvet cake is the talk of the town.

As the waiter brings the cake to the table, you anticipate the flavor explosion you're about to have - subtle, moist chocolate cake with hints of vanilla, topped with cream cheese frosting. While you'll wake up tomorrow, kicking yourself for eating 1000 calories in one piece of cake, tonight you're going to enjoy every last morsel.

Velvet Undies is spot on, flavor-wise, for that slice of red velvet cake.

With each vape, you can taste the subtle hints of chocolate vanilla in the cake and just a hint of the cream cheese frosting. And it doesn’t get harsh if you increase the wattage or temperature with your mod. The flavor stays true to that first inhale.

Velvet Undies is a very satisfying vape on every inhale and exhale. It's delicious without being overpowering and sickening sweet. You get the right balance between the cake flavor and the frosting. All without the thousands of calories you consume with an actual slice of cake.

I can honestly say I will be reordering this juice - and in the largest bottle I can get!!

Vigilantelove

Jul 12, 2015
Again, it seems like Strix continues to have spot on flavors no matter what I order. This is decadent dessert without tasting artificial, heavy, or overly intense on the sweetness.

I just tried Velvet Undies based on this recommendation and loved it. True red velvet cake, rich and thick tasting with the frosting just a complimentary note to the cake. I like this after dinner, and with coffee. It's exactly as described and the only reason it's not an ADV is because it's currently competing for my favorite of Strix's flavors among blue honey, blue honey cream, black honey and the keys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread