Venting!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ducaduca

Jul 26, 2015
So I bought a back of Pall Mall blues tonight. Haven't smoked a cigarette for about 2 weeks. But I ran out of cartridges BECAUSE the Vapor4life prefilled cartridges I ordered....ALL ended up being duds. Not even producing vapor and 2 of them you couldn't even suck through!

I was also counting on my joyetech E-grip to show up in the mail today but NOPE...even though it was scheduled for delivery today....somehow it is stuck in Jacksonville, Florida! Arrghh....

So eventually the cigarettes came calling and not having anything to vape got the best of me.

Couple things I realized though by smoking cigarettes again.....

- Cigarettes take your breath away. Midway smoking a cigarette...I could barely breath and had it throw it away.

- Cigarettes are disgusting....Definitely miss my Vanilla vapor flavor!

- Cigarettes makes your mouth ALOT more dry than vapor....That may be the worst for me.

I cannot wait to get my E-grip...

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
Oh, I got some dud atomizers when I was using the ego t system. I had to run to the vape shop and get a disposable clearo to get me by until my new Aerotanks came. There are alternatives to cigs :)

There is something to be said about getting some better gear I learned. Not saying you have to rebuild, but even Protanks are better than prefilled cartridges or ego t disposable attys :)

glointhedark

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
Antelope, CA, USA
Is there any way that you can see to get the top of the cartos off and still get it back on? Is there a vape shop located near you, or someplace that may sell eliquid?

When my daughter and I were using cigalikes with replaceable cartos, we found a couple of websites with information on refilling cartos. We found an online vendor for eliquid, and started refilling our cartos. Eventually we stopped ordering prefilled cartos, and just got blank cartos and eliquids that we liked.

WonderDude32

ECF Veteran
May 9, 2015
Clarksville, TN
Now that you understand how bad smoking smells, feels, tastes, and costs, make the investment and get good gear. Either find a good, local vape shop or order some things online. A good tank for mouth to lung vaping is about $25-30. I liked my Nautilus 5ml tank and it helped me a great deal to quit smoking once I found it. A good battery to run it on and use all day is about $35-50. I have a few istick 30 watts and they work great for the entire day. Juice depends on preference and what you have in your pocket. The Subox mini kit goes for around $60 and gives you options to rebuild coils but only after you find you're interested. You will be interested. :) Most importantly, you were off cigs for 2 weeks. That's awesome.

BostonJim

ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Las Vegas
If those things are what you like so be it. However you might want to think outside the pack (box). Did you think about a disposable cig-a-like? Blu, njoy or such. I have seen NJOY even makes a cheap clearo device, found inside convenience stores. These are just ideas in case you find yourself in the same predicament.

Reactions: Izan

nitewalkr

ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2015
Sauga
Another Vanilla vapor!! *Raises my dripper" cheers.

I've had one of those 2 ice already. One during the fasting period and one during the time while I was waiting for my e-juice. The first time I had a cigarette my mouth felt itchy and my stomach got heavy. I really felt that. Then when I got back to vaping that felt weird for few hours because smoking left that weird taste in my mouth.

I have learned it the hard way.

never again.

Monotremata

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Fontana, CA
monotremata.bandcamp.com
Florida seems to have a weird mail vortex that somehow traps things there longer.. I cant smoke anymore after a year of vaping. Ive tried a couple here and there along the way (those nights youre at the bar and youre like HEY LEMME SEE WHAT THATS LIKE AGAIN) and nope. They tear my throat up now, and Ill have a nasty sore throat for like a week after just one. Next time keep in mind, you can go to just about any 7-11 or alot of gas stations now, and buy some cheapo clearo device and a bottle of juice. Might set you back some cash, but youll have a backup for next time, and you wont have to smoke.

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
did you know.... that you can take apart an old/broken cartridge, pull out the juice soaked wick, wet your fingers with it, and lick off the juice ( dont need much) and it will help curb the desire? Since the nic is supposedly absorbed in the mouth more than the lungs ( still find that hard to believe).... no need to go to ciggies...

Reactions: VHRB2014

AXIOM_1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
  • Jul 6, 2015
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Florida seems to have a weird mail vortex that somehow traps things there longer..

All states have main sorting facilities, or hubs, that are used to sort mail towards the proper city/town and this is usually where mail will delay due to the mass volumes of mail being handled at these large facilities. Florida, may have more mail traffic than many states. Another votex that I have noticed is in NYC.......... I have had mail delayed at their sorting hub for over a week.

Reactions: AndriaD

pianoguy

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 4, 2009
    Apple Valley, MN
    It was a good day for you - you learned that you don't like cigarettes anymore. That is huge - you are free now. Your problem highlights one of the main reasons I switched to rebuildable atomizers a long time ago - I am no longer at the mercy of anyone else's QA. Best of luck to you!

ReigntheGamer

Account closed on request
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 14, 2014
    Don't sweat it, I have three working mods but am staring at a pack of smokes I bought day before yesterday. For the dumbest reason to boot. I stopped at a corner store to buy a bottle of water and they had a no debit purchases under $3 rule so go figure standing at the counter I let the old habit take over and blurted out,"Marlboro Blue Shorts."

But this is only my 2nd pack in almost a year so I am still winning the race, and carrying water cash on me now. You live, you learn. Once you get your gear I'm pretty sure you'll be back on the "no stinkies train".

supertrunker

Living sarcasm
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 12, 2012
    Texas
    did you know.... that you can take apart an old/broken cartridge, pull out the juice soaked wick, wet your fingers with it, and lick off the juice ( dont need much) and it will help curb the desire? Since the nic is supposedly absorbed in the mouth more than the lungs ( still find that hard to believe).... no need to go to ciggies...

That sounds appetising! So i'm in this restaurant and realise i've left my vape at home...

T

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread