RDA Veritas rda

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ongakos

Nov 3, 2014
Athens
I enjoy the horizontal 26 g nickel coil, 2mm ,0,07 resistance without the extra piece of cotton wick for the moment. It gives very good flavor and taste is my opinion.

Could you please give me some details about the recommended cotton configuration?
Should each side of the cotton be placed down and to each corner , or underneath the coil first and then to the corner (so that way the cotton covers all the bottom surface ) ?

Ongakos

Nov 3, 2014
Athens
Thanks easye99 a lot!!! :)

I did what you recommended and YES the:hubba: lovely Veritas is more than fantastic now.:smokie::thumbs:

Yes as you said it wastes juice...like I build it ... by putting cotton on the whole bottom surface...:(

I am really happy now and I enjoy it very very much.

So too small details of more or less of cotton can destroy the performance so easily....

An other example of a detail that I faced when I get...hot leg with Ni 200 28g and not with 26g....so only 0,2 g difference solved the hot leg problem...

Thanks again!!!!:)

Ongakos

Nov 3, 2014
Athens
For the horizontal both sides should come down. Just enough to touch the deck. U don't need cotton on the whole bottom surface. That wastes juice. Because you won't be able to vape it all. Also it wicks better with less cotton outside the coil.

Thanks a lot.

Do you mean that is U shape only so just the 2 ends to touch the bottom or to continue till join the corners? I need your reply and advice. Thanks again

eazye99

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2014
North Carolina, United States
For the vertical wick. U can have the top. Drop over back down to the deck. Or u can cut it about the coil. For vertical wicks I personally like to cut it about the coil. With a piece of wick across the top leg. To the positive nut.
c4267bd7496d72a1fc28be48a1f7f7eb.jpg
I ended up making the wick a lil longer in this build.

Ongakos

Nov 3, 2014
Athens
As short as possible. It doesn't need to go to the corner. To wick the bottom dry. The wick should go straight down from the side of the coil. Once it touches the deck. That should be the end of the wick.

Thanks again. I will do that tonight and let you know. I have seen that too much cotton does not taste good. So I am anxious to do that build and enjoy.
I have seen lots of different placements of the wick through the internet and I think most put more cotton . But I think , as we like to get more and more flavor, less cotton is the way to go. I found that doing many many experiments to my other brands of atomizers.They all liked less cotton . I am new to Veritas and I had to ask you guys so to reduce risks of doing wrong novice ..builds.

Just a question , what temperature and watts-Joules do you use for having pure flavor?

I am usingNi 200 ,26 g , 400f and 15,5 -16 watts or Joules ,where temperature is not too high so to reduce flavor ,and watts are quite normal I think.

Thanks again

DangVape

Verified Member
Jul 9, 2015
Montreal, QC, Canada
Here my stove top on my veritas clone. I love the flavor on it.

2ius0as.jpg

vrdpjt.jpg

Note:This is dry after dryburn and rewicking

It mesured at 0.57 ohms
5 and a half wrap 24 gauge kanthal.
18 gauge syringe needle use for the inner coil

There is only cotton below the stove top. I find it work better than filling the juice well with cotton.

Flat horizontal work best for me. I tried angle a bit facing toward the airhole but It gave less flavor/cloud for me.

It does give more flavor when it has time to heat up a bit and the atty is hot

Last edited:

Skeebo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014
For the vertical wick. U can have the top. Drop over back down to the deck. Or u can cut it about the coil. For vertical wicks I personally like to cut it about the coil. With a piece of wick across the top leg. To the positive nut.
c4267bd7496d72a1fc28be48a1f7f7eb.jpg
I ended up making the wick a lil longer in this build.

That moment you see a Picasso and realize you've been coloring all along... You create some great looking builds brother.

Nikea Tiber

ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2015
My genuine Veritas arrived today after 3 months..I did a nickel single horizontal and one vertical coil 28g,2mm,0.09 ohms, 15 Joules.I am using the Yihi SX mini with most atomizers I have. I was surprised when I put my e-liquid Five Pawns Grand Master to the KGD cotton and pushed the button just to see if all are ok. I saw the positive leg of my NI200 coil to be ''too hot -red''- after a second...When I tried to repeat that, a flame came through the cotton near the hot leg...

I replaced the horizontal coil to an identical vertical coil. The same symptoms...hot coil wire to the positive but no flame ..

To both setups , flavor is bad ,as dry hit after a second (when the leg is going red). That hot leg even with temperature control... makes the flavor to be bad....I think the high temperature of that length of wire'' burns'':evil: the favors inside the atomizer.
I am disappointed as I can not enjoy that RDA where hundreds of fantastic comments are written everywhere.
I am experienced to rebuildable atomizers but I can not be able to fix that issue which destroys..:( the flavor of the long awaited Veritas.
Could you please help me on how to solve that problem? :(:(:(

Thanking you in advance

I had a similar problem using ti and temp control. I would saturate the wicks, start taking my hit, and about half a second in the vape would get *extremely* hot and the pressure would drop coming out of the RDA... almost as if I was sucking on a small jet engine. Luckily, my reaction was to stop hitting it and get it the hell out of my face meant on a hot coffee to boiling hot pizza cheese, the damage to my tongue didn't even rank hot coffee.
Turns out the problem was a hot positive leg igniting the dense vapor it produces (apparently the flameoffs that can happen when you are cooking a coil dry after you de-wick can happen violently in these circumstances). Needless to say, I was wary of the veritas for two months.
So it sat on my shelf.

But like any forbidden fruit, it must be tasted, and like any wild beast, it must be tamed.

I have an ehpro 1:1 veritas clone, so it hasn't got a reduced height deck or any of those shenanigans.
Since my main mech has a pinless "hybrid" topcap and one of my regulated mods (an old lipo 60 watt evic VT) has a stuck positive 510 pin, getting the RDA's positive 510 pin to protrude was pretty much a necessity. I tried just backing the 510 screw out and tightening the bottom positive post screw, but I noticed the positive assembly could turn when tightening the atty, which worried me about possible shorts.
I removed the positive post screw and used the insulator out of a kanger occ head to shim it a bit then reassembled.

I build dual coils using 26awg 316l stainless steel. The pictured build comes out to .21 or so ohms, and probably reaches a resistance of .3 when it starts to glow, so between airflow and the small amount of watt regulation from the TCR of the wire the vape isn't as atomic as you would expect, but it is hot, dense, and flavorful.
You can't see the legs, but I agree that having the positive legs come from the outside of each dual vertical, and having the negative leads basically come from the back/bottom of the coil makes for slightly shorter legs, and slightly easier wicking.
I use rayon, I roll a single piece then run it around the positive legs + insulator then down each coil, with the tails flattened out and running along the floor of the juice well to the "wall" so the wick will feed no matter what angle the atty is at. It may not be necessary to insulate/cool the positive coil legs and insulator with a layer of wick, but I do not find it to impede airflow, and have never tasted burnt plastic insulator despite my hot vape. Also, I don't agree with this RDA staying cool. Due to the heat and density of the vapor it makes with my build, it easily is the hottest running out of my rdas.
The build I use works terrific for TC use, I really intended the build to sit on my vtc mini, but it ends up on my praxis more often than not.
IMG_20151225_105138.jpg

IMG_20151222_122458.jpg

One thing I noticed nobody has mentioned is turning the top cap 180° so the draw hole is right in front of the coils rather than blowing through the deck venturi. Gives a slightly different vape.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tagi
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread