Status
Not open for further replies.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Hello everyone I just inherited 2 of the stainless steel hybrid sets and a beautiful copper tube.

I tried to use the copper and it was not good. It has an odd 510 contact and my switch started to heat up BAD.

Before I give any of these a try I need to get some information.

no name-003.JPG

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Ok I see it this time. The positive contact is the hole. There's threading inside your 510 connector makes contact with. These sorts of mods require button top batteries. Flat top batteries will short against the top cover. That's actually a very nice mechanical mod. Not a hybrid.

Reactions: anavidfan

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
The stainless ones above are hybrids, look really nice. I still see them for sale around and they are NOT cheap.....

I did make contact with the Versa MOdder and I asked him about that top contact, said those were the first sort of prototypes and he told me they had problems. Told me to send them to him and he would update the top cap and switches for me. Really , really nice guy.

Im so happy :)

LilWhiteClouder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2015
Raleigh, NC
THe pin is smooth, so it does not stay put. I tried to set it upside down, but it still did not sit right, switch got HOT real fast. But its going to get a make over from the Versas Modder so I can use it without worry.
Great you're getting a makeover from Versa! I am just trying to wrap my head around the pin design... the pin does look smooth, along with the 510 hole in the top cap, and is what made me think of a floating pin. I don't see the insulator that prevents contact between the mechs topcap and the positive pin.
versa pin.PNG
<--- That missing white insulator is probably your culprit.

Reactions: anavidfan

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Ah HA, yeap that is missing !!!!!! That probably press fits and has threads to keep it from slipping around. I cant wait to get it back and play with it.

Dont know if I will keep it for the Copper Kraken or stash it away or ......

I also got in a nice Copper Terra set. I cant seem to keep it from autofiring, I think it has to do with the spring. Its got a c-clamp style switch and a great look, but I get scared fiddling around with things that autofire.

PARADIGM-TERRA-COPPER-3.jpg

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Here is the Talon, back from its spa day with Bert Buttermore of Versa MODS. The insulator was missing so reason for the autofiring and hot switch. He was so kind to help me out even though it was old stock and it was gifted to me.

The kind of customer after care you usually only see from our European modders. Made in the USA and I never think I heard of Versa MODS.

Matched it up with the Copper Kraken.

Dont know if I will keep it as is or do a forced patina on them.

_MG_5752.jpg

Reactions: MsLoud

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
_MG_5754-b.jpg

BTW..
I have to say, all this time, Ive just been going on about the Versa as being so nice looking. I just realized that I had not actually used it.
So I threw in a battery, and a random RTA ( Origen MKII ) made the adjustments and I have to say, this is not only nice looking, but damn if its not a dream to use. The unique top cap has a floating pin and sterling plated? really nice thick screw.

The switch is right up there with any of my other "switch" freak devices. Its sooooooo smooth, and the performance is top notch.

Now I just have to leave it alone till I can talk to Versa Mods as to how to take it apart and clean it, cause Im OCD. This is as well machined as any European mech there is. Thank You Bart "Versa MODS" Buttermore !!!!! and of course Mr Laddu Ga for sending this beauty my way !!!!!

Really , I dont know if they still make this or it is available anywhere, but if any of you other mech mad fans see one for sale anywhere, its a "must have".

Last edited:
Reactions: MsLoud
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread