VG at Walmart?

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid' started by w1ngz, Oct 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. w1ngz

w1ngz Full Member

2. NCC

NCC Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Our bottles look different here,
    [​IMG]
    but that looks like the stuff to me.

3. REDDOG1

REDDOG1 Senior Member ECF Veteran

seems to work just fine

4. JBWoody

JBWoody Senior Member ECF Veteran

I am in South West Florida, and our Wal-mart never heard of it, can't order it, and doesn't know why it is available in some other places? I actually called corporate head quarters only to be routed back to my local store manager who has no clue? I found it a local health food store. Found Stevia liquid concentrate there too:)

5. Shamus

Shamus Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

My Walmart had it by the pharmacy with the skin care supplies.

6. Pamster

Pamster Senior Member ECF Veteran

I'm here in mid FL and same deal, unavailable. So I went with CVS, they have it but I would call first, it was $5 for 6 oz. Not too bad, as for PG I lucked out when I asked my local compounding walgreens pharmacy, they have like 14 oz for $13 bucks. ANd no questions asked. I was amazed! :)

7. JBWoody

Ok cool:) I called Wal-greens and they didn't have it either? I forgot about CVS though? So I ended up ordering a gallon of pg from a tractor supply store for $20.00:) USP food grade, turns out farmers give it to cattle for Ketosis or something like that? Who knew? lol

8. heymichael

heymichael Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I find it in every wal-mart I've been in in the tampa area. It's with the first aid supplies too.

9. Pamster

Man that's a bummer, why don't th e ones outside of pinellas and hillsborough carry it? Glad you can get it easily heymichael, thanks for posting about it so people will know it's there. I would have thought no FL stores carry it but glad to hear ppl in the bay area can get it easily. ;)

10. Nyxie

Nyxie Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

I have seen it at walmart in my area north of Tampa (pasco)

11. LittleMissVapor

LittleMissVapor Senior Member ECF Veteran

Going to the new Walmart that just opened today on Gandy! Go Soggers. Anyway, I'll look for it there. I usually buy Wiltons at
    Michaels.

12. JBWoody

I believe you all, however my local wal-mart said if it's not on their ordering sheet, they can't get it. Unless, I can find a upc# or find it on there website? So, again, if you can find it on the website, please post a link:) Thanks for all the input!

13. Pamster

I wasn't able to find it on their website either JB510EGO. Same thing, not on their ordering sheet. Crafting area held NO flavorings or VG. :(

14. rons29445

rons29445 Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Charleston, South Carolina, United States
    Not trying to be a naysayer, but I recall reading that the Humco brand was Glycerin and not vegetable glycerin. and that it had caused some folks some issues.

I saw the Humco brand but kept looking and found NOW brand Vegetable Glycerin at a local health store

15. DivaB

DivaB Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Even our small town Wal-mart has. It is in the pharmacy area, in the skin care isle in some, and antibiotic, first aide cream in others. Try to find it yourself. I know first hand that when you ask someone who works there, they have no clue what it is and most of the time have never heard of it before.

16. Nyxie

I personally have a problem with vg when I use more then 20%. I have all the symptoms people tell other people about pg allergy when my juice has more then 20% VG. So it could be the glycerin , or it could be those people have a vg allergy in general. just an opinion.
    There is a big long thread somewhere in the forum about VG. In that thread there was a link to some vg info and basically it said Glycerin is all Vegetable based. Or something like that. They specify to make sure that the glycerin says usp on it, that is the pharmaceutical grade. Food grade is not the same as usp although some food grade vg's are usp.

17. Nyxie

If you can't find it at walmart they do have it at CVS in the hand lotion section.

18. deback

deback Ultra Member ECF Veteran

At my Walmart in Michigan, I couldn't find it, so I asked an employee. She said they didn't have it but asked another employee. That employee found it on the shelf above the rubbing alcohol products. It's in a 6-ounce bottle called Glycerin, with the brand name of Humco listed at the bottom of the bottle. Sells for $3, and I believe all Walmarts should have it. I've seen it in three Walmarts in my area, all on the same shelf...in the pharmacy section.

This bottle of Glycerin is VG (vegetable glycerine) and has the USP to the right of the word Glycerin. I've been using it with no problems for the last six weeks.

19. deback

deback Ultra Member ECF Veteran

The UPC# on my bottle under the bar code is: 03951 03196

20. Heartbskts

Heartbskts Super Member ECF Veteran

Is this what you would use to DIY to sweeten your juice a little? I just tasted my VG and it does have a sweet taste already to it. I am interested in learning to DIY, so was just wondering......also, I think I read somewhere that Lorann's marshmallow helps sweeten too?? Sorry- a little off subject here

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.