• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

VG/PG juice questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    I vape a 50/50 PG VG ratio. There really is no ratio that's better than another ratio. For the most part, a higher PG than VG amount in the ratio will mean more flavor and more 'throat hit'. A higher percentage on the VG side will mean a somewhat lesser battery life (due to a thicker liquid. the battery has to work harder to fire the atomizer), more vapor, and the juice might be slightly 'sweeter tasting'. The 'perfect PG VG ratio' is different for everybody.

High VG is definitely not kind to my Nautilus BVCs, but that's ok, especially as the ideal ratio is between 80/20 and 70/30 PG-VG. As far as I'm concerned, the more PG the better. I've never understood why many prefer to gunk up their tanks with VG - very few advantages IMO. As someone else said, PG = flavour + TH, and isn't that what we all want most from our vaping? (yes, I know, some are PG-allergic and are therefore forced to use 90% VG. But why opt for that by choice?)

Semiretired

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 24, 2011
    Middle Georgia
    Why chain vaping would be higher pg?

VG is thicker so if you so you need more time for wicking or you drip with RDAs. That is why a lot of people vape 70/30 PG/VG. The PG thins the VG enough to allow good wicking. But pure PG is stronger throat hit generally - the VG also gives more vapor (clouds).

Semiretired

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 24, 2011
    Middle Georgia
    I'm chain vaping on 70/30 vg/pg....I re wick every night before sleeping...but I'm getting this slight sore throat or dry throat every morning when I woke up...is that normal? I'm drinking more warm water than usually since I started vaping....

Not really sure - I have read so many different responses to this type of question, but I have never experienced it so it is hard for me to personally answer. Could be several things going on. I do know that I have found melon slices helped me early on and still do with the dry throat problem, but yours could be different.

Hopefully someone will come along with more answers.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread