• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

VGOD Mech Mod+VGOD TrickTank PRO RDTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

botakchek

ECF Veteran
Nov 14, 2014
Lion city
Correct me if I'm wrong, .6 dual coil on a mech is coming out at 29.4w on a freshly charged battery. You'll take forever to heat the clapton up, much less get a good vape.

I'll at least do a .2 if you're using decent batteries (vtc5a botak Favourite)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You know me well.. hahaha.

Yeah, use good batteries for mech's (VTC5A, any of the LG HB series, VTC4, VTC3) and build lower.

Woohoowoohoo

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2016
0.2 for mech is quite dangerous no? I'm using Samsung 25R Batt and I've tried doing 0.42 it seems like no power. From what I know is higher the ohm the lesser watt you need to use to fire it up. Maybe I wrong too HAHAHA..

Bro, read more on ohms law first please before you embark on mech......

The Samsung 25R seems like a 20A CDR, with a 0.2, you're drawing 21A, which is still "relatively" safe on a freshly charged.

No power is the build...

Skip the clapton, put some standard micro coil and try first.

Edit; the reason you think no power is because of the mass of the clapton, it takes much more power to heat the coil up, compared to simple micro coil. Know what you're doing and the limits you can go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LittleTots

Mar 27, 2017
Sorry guys my bad, I just checked my SMPL, Dual 5 warps of Clapton on 2.5m is 0.38ohm. Which I just calculated on my batt 3.6V, the Amp is only 9.47A and the Watt is firing at 34.11W, I get what you mean now there's no power at all.

If I do a 0.2ohm, I calculated the amp will be 18A, (Samsung 25R is 20A) and watt is firing at 64.80W. I think what you said is also correct it will be "relative safe" as I didn't exceed the Max 20A.

botakchek

ECF Veteran
Nov 14, 2014
Lion city
Sorry guys my bad, I just checked my SMPL, Dual 5 warps of Clapton on 2.5m is 0.38ohm. Which I just calculated on my batt 3.6V, the Amp is only 9.47A and the Watt is firing at 34.11W, I get what you mean now there's no power at all.

If I do a 0.2ohm, I calculated the amp will be 18A, (Samsung 25R is 20A) and watt is firing at 64.80W. I think what you said is also correct it will be "relative safe" as I didn't exceed the Max 20A.

Yup. Correct.

Also, your calculation for amp draw is wrong on regulated mods, but thats a whole other topic.

gardenia_bread

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2015

imo you need to read up more on battery safety, you are almost there but not quite yet

Reactions: LittleTots

nuvole

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2014
Sillypore
Update.

Guys, I just re coil my SMPL clone with Mini Veloc clone. Using dual 24G Kanthal, 4 warps on 3m = 0.2ohm. Now the clouds is huge and the taste is Fking spot on!

Thanks for the recommendation!
at 4.2v 0.2 ohm = 21A... I normally use 18350 on my mech and would not go below 0.8 ohm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread