Video Demonstration For Cartomizer Tips, Tricks, and Fixes. Check Out the Cut-Away of Burnt Cartomizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnowDragon

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
Boise, Idaho

This video is to demonstrate the following:

How to sand down Auto batteries and Auto Passthrough threads for use with some Cool Carts Cartomizers. How to identify when it is time to change your Cartomizer and avoid burning the polyfill. A detailed look at a "cut-away" Cartomizer and exactly what happens when a Cartomizer is burnt. How to easily restore top performance of a Cartomizer by rinsing and drying a Cartomizer using the Taryn Spin. How to make your own inexpensive lanyard to perform the Taryn Spin.

A couple of special notes:

The advice given to "change" a Cartomizer is exclusively for Vapers that are not using juice to Top Off or Drip, but instead are only using pre-filled Cartomizers.

The quick method for rinsing Cartomizer is for those Vapers that plan to refill the Cartomizer with the same flavor that was in the Cartomizer prior to cleaning. This method is to restore the absorbent properties of the polyfill material and ensure clouds of vapor and great flavor.

DO NOT use a battery bag for performing the Taryn Spin, it will not remove the water from a Cartomizer.

I did want to mention an important note to those Vapers who use Juice. *If you notice that Juice is quickly flooding the Air Tube after adding only a couple of drops, this is an indication that you have a compromised (Burnt) Cartomizer.* The Juice is simply running right through the burn holes of the Wick Tube.

If anyone has any questions about the Video please feel free to pm me anytime. I hope you find the Video to be an informative aid for optimum vaping. :2cool:

timrichard

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2011
Victorville/Adelanto CA
That was feakin awsome.
You did a great job.
As a newbie, I need all the info I can get. I am addicted to this type of information. Its great to undertsand whats going on, how to tell when to stop vaping on a cart as to preserve it for future refills, And in general to get the most out of your equiptment to keep cost down.

Thanks again

SnowDragon

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
Boise, Idaho
Thanks everybody for the kind words, it got a little wordy in the middle. If I only knew how to juggle it could have been a little more visually stimulating. :p

Any residual moisture left in the Carto is so nominal it has no adverse impact on vaping. I've actually pulled the filler out after spinning a Carto dry and tried to squeeze out any residual water....I couldn't even get a single drop. E-liquid is mostly water and I have never noticed any decrease in flavor or vapor after refilling a freshly spun Carto, if anything flavor and vapor is greatly increased.

So Yes, you can fill right away without any worries.

If you have burnt Carto that you are going to toss anyways, give it a soak and pull the filler out after a 2 spins and I think you will see what I mean...the material is at the very most slightly damp.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread