• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Video's of Juice Box

Status
Not open for further replies.

miss MiA

ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2009
Chicago, IL
I read a review that included praise for how much the LED lights things up, but I couldn't tell if that was appreciated strictly for the cosmetic effect or if maybe it also serves a utilitarian purpose as far as operation, e.g. enabling you to see stuff you need to even in poor lighting conditions. (That is, if one even needs or is benefited by being able to see what they're doing while they pump or whatever; don't have mine yet.)

Anyone know? I didn't order mine with an LED but based on the answer I'd probably consider adding it via the newly-available 'I changed my mind' (upgrade) option. Hopefully it would still be easy enough to keep the LED covered with something at other times when a lower profile is preferable...

TIA!

Last edited:

kemuri

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 26, 2009
out of town
I read a review that included praise for how much the LED lights things up, but I couldn't tell if that was appreciated strictly for the cosmetic effect or if maybe it also serves a utilitarian purpose as far as operation, e.g. enabling you to see stuff you need to even in poor lighting conditions. (That is, if one even needs or is benefited by being able to see what they're doing while they pump or whatever; don't have mine yet.)

Anyone know? I didn't order mine with an LED but based on the answer I'd probably consider adding it via the newly-available 'I changed my mind' (upgrade) option. Hopefully it would still be easy enough to keep the LED covered with something at other times when a lower profile is preferable...

TIA!

I ordered mine end of last November with no LED and no customizing. I like simple, not bling. Anyway, JB version 2 which is what I assume I received, there's no surface LED as I had requested none but there is an internal LED to the side of the atomizer inside the box and pressing the switch makes the LED give off enough light so you can see the juice bottle through the hole which is cut into the cover. I like that.

If you want stealth, your palm will normally be covering the hole and people around you shouldn't be able to detect the internal LED unless they have cat's eyes. I just tested this out and though it's not pitch black, it's dark enough and I didn't see any light (I am damned!).

Last edited:

miss MiA

ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2009
Chicago, IL
I ordered mine end of last November with no LED and no customizing. I like simple, not bling. Anyway, JB version 2 which is what I assume I received, there's no surface LED as I had requested none but there is an internal LED to the side of the atomizer inside the box and pressing the switch makes the LED give off enough light so you can see the juice bottle through the hole which is cut into the cover. I like that.

If you want stealth, your palm will normally be covering the hole and people around you shouldn't be able to detect the internal LED unless they have cat's eyes. I just tested this out and though it's not pitch black, it's dark enough and I didn't see any light (I am damned!).

Thanks so much kemuri, that's very helpful! :thumb: Sounds perfect for me as-is then, yay!

(If anyone with a more recently ordered/received "no-LED" box has had theirs be different than kemuri's, e.g. no internal LED either, please let me know.)

Drumonron

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2009
Truelove, thanks for the video/skype update from Carlos and good to know he's made an improvement, yet again. It's good to see an update from time to time and he looked a bit more at ease on this one and a little more in control of the situation...he must be getting things in order.

Question: I ordered mine plain with a white led...just wanted to be able to see the juice level in the bottle. I was wondering if it will be bright enough...not any big deal though..that green one wasn't at all as bright as the red one.

Thanks Truelove and Carlos and that background music makes it feel like Carlos is on an Island retreat in the Pacific.

Vape On!

miss MiA

ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2009
Chicago, IL
Question: I ordered mine plain with a white led...just wanted to be able to see the juice level in the bottle. I was wondering if it will be bright enough...not any big deal though..that green one wasn't at all as bright as the red one.

Did you see my question and kemuri's answer on the previous page? S/he stated that unless things have changed since s/he ordered and received one, all JBs (meaning even ones ordered without an external LED) have a subtler internal one, that enables the visibility of which you speak.

(If any recent JBs are not that way I'd also like to know, since I ordered mine without external LED, but am hoping it will in fact have the dimmer internal one that kemuri's has.)

kemuri

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 26, 2009
out of town
Did you see my question and kemuri's answer on the previous page? S/he stated that unless things have changed since s/he ordered and received one, all JBs (meaning even ones ordered without an external LED) have a subtler internal one, that enables the visibility of which you speak.

(If any recent JBs are not that way I'd also like to know, since I ordered mine without external LED, but am hoping it will in fact have the dimmer internal one that kemuri's has.)

Just for the sake of accuracy, I said mine has the internal LED which lights up the bottle nicely, but did not say all. But it the end, it could be all versions of the JB2TL do have the internal LED.

It was a long 2 and a half month wait but it worked out very well for me in not getting the version 1 rigidly epoxied and unmoveable atty so the delay resulted in my getting an improved JB. Enjoying alternating between 5v and 6v BE112, 3.7 Nicobox 401 and the JB through the day with all 3 pv's having their unique strengths.

Oh yeah, since this is the only social group I even bothered to join and I think we may talk from time to time, I'm a he. The origin of the nick is a horrible pun stemming from Nemuri Kyoshiro/Kemuri Kyoshiro for all you chambara fans.

Hope you get your JB soon, Miss MiA, and that you like it as much as I do.

miss MiA

ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2009
Chicago, IL
Just for the sake of accuracy, I said mine has the internal LED which lights up the bottle nicely, but did not say all. But it the end, it could be all versions of the JB2TL do have the internal LED.

It was a long 2 and a half month wait but it worked out very well for me in not getting the version 1 rigidly epoxied and unmoveable atty so the delay resulted in my getting an improved JB. Enjoying alternating between 5v and 6v BE112, 3.7 Nicobox 401 and the JB through the day with all 3 pv's having their unique strengths.

Oh yeah, since this is the only social group I even bothered to join and I think we may talk from time to time, I'm a he. The origin of the nick is a horrible pun stemming from Nemuri Kyoshiro/Kemuri Kyoshiro for all you chambara fans.

Hope you get your JB soon, Miss MiA, and that you like it as much as I do.

Hi mister kemuri, pleased to meet you! :) Oh yes sorry, didn't mean to make it sound like I was quoting you when I said "all JBs," the 'all' was my take on what it boiled down to unless the design has changed since yours went out.

The story behind your nick is more interesting than mine, and more... disclosure-worthy lol. ;) But my current avatar, well the lil tough guy is us noble vapers saying *"eff you" to the big nasty institutions who would quash our righteous quest! :mad: (*Too bad his sage words are too small to read, however! :p On the upside I thought maybe the teensy text ran together in a way that looks like he has an ecig hanging out of his mouth, helping convey a similar stance! :cool:)

truelove

PV Casanova
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2009
Bronx, NY
Truelove, thanks for the video/skype update from Carlos and good to know he's made an improvement, yet again. It's good to see an update from time to time and he looked a bit more at ease on this one and a little more in control of the situation...he must be getting things in order.

Thanks Truelove and Carlos and that background music makes it feel like Carlos is on an Island retreat in the Pacific.

Vape On!

Thank you Drumonron, I'll try to keep them coming ;).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread