VinylFTW 8$ Vamo Wrap.

Discussion in 'Accessory Reviews' started by Atari, Apr 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Atari

Atari Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

[h=3]VinylFTW 8$ Vamo Wrap.[/h]
    [​IMG]
    I was creeping on reddit the other day and happened upon VinylFTW.com, and an 8$ Vamo wrap. Hmmmmm? For 8 bucks you cant go wrong, worst case scenario i get a cheap wrap and I just buy another one later. Now they just have the Vamo at the moment but lucky for me, I have a Vamo.The site had several options.
    A custom cut vinyl wrap for the VAMO personal vaporizer.
    Option 1: All separate pieces.
    Option 2: Top three sections are one piece.Option 3: Top section is separate, and sections 2 and 3 are one piece. Every option includes a piece for every section. No part is left uncovered. Extender tube (4) and battery cap (5) are separate and included.Shipping is free USPS priority envelope, or 2$ for a USPS priority package

So I dropped them an order and 2 days and 8$ later I had my wrap. I ordered option 1 all separate pieces, with no overlap in black carbon. I opted for free envelope, it came padded with black felt in the middle to help prevent damage.

First impression, for 8$ I was expecting a sticker. No texture, just a checkered pattern of black and grey. WRONG. Its actual textured vinyl, adds a good bit of grip. Not to the point that its abrasive more like the rubberized finish of an eGo battery.

Secondly I was expecting some thing so thin I could see through it, WRONG. It is about as thick as a bill 5. 10. 20. which ever. So its reasonably thick but not to the point that the edges are going to stick out to the point that it catches on a pocket.

I didnt receive instructions, but I figured it was little more than peel and apply. If you need instructions check youtube, its a fairly simple process. I wiped down my Vamo with an alcohol pad and then a microfiber cloth to keep my fingers off of it. The main piece did take a little more attention but you dont have much choice but to put the buttons through the wrap first.

It is a fairly resilient vinyl, I had to reapply the main piece a few times until I got the edges around the LCD display straight. I did stretch it out a little but once I had it in place a gentle rub got everything back in place

The edges overlap nicely by less than a mm
    [​IMG]
    I missed the edge a little bit but its barely noticeable unless under a good lens
    [​IMG]
    The buttons and screen came out perfect in my opinion
    [​IMG]

You can see the texture pretty well in this picture as well​

Overall Im impressed, and for 8$ I am overly impressed. It looks and feels like a much more expensive wrap, it was easy to put on, there are plenty of options to get it how you want it, and its not a FREAKING FINGER PRINT MAGNET ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!!!!! A real great find for and Vamo owner. Thanks for reading​

[​IMG]

2. Spike64

Spike64 Vapemail Stalker Verified Member ECF Veteran

I just ordered a black carbon fiber one from this place last night. Option number one....:thumb:

3. mdbsat

mdbsat Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Thanks for posting this!

EDIT: The site doesn't seem to pull up for me :(

4. Spike64

Spike64 Vapemail Stalker Verified Member ECF Veteran

I just tried it....doesnt open for me either...strange...must be having issues...

[​IMG]

5. alcarl

alcarl Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I just ordered mine...No issues pulling up the site.

6. BentWookie

BentWookie Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

7. alcarl

alcarl Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Got mine today and already on...pretty sweet!

IMG_20130613_171902.jpg

8. ZERO

ZERO Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Any one get a fuzzy black wrap? I can't find a picture of one anywhere?

9. DivideMyDestiny

DivideMyDestiny Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Just ordered mine so looking forward to it. Thanks for sharing.

10. NoMoAnalog

NoMoAnalog Full Member

awesome, thanks for the lead!

11. CShaver

CShaver Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    So I'm going to revive this thread with a question.

I just ordered the black carbon fiber. I didn't realize the V5 was different when it comes to wraps. I found out while comparing prices on jwraps.

My question is this: Do you think this will fit on the V5 or am I going to have to ask for a refund?

: vamo
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.