Status
Not open for further replies.

Ariel_MX

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2010
Guadalajara, México
If I didn't hate box mods so much I would have bought a SX mini M based on the YiHi chip, just to try it out... The anticipation is killing me...

As the anticipation was killing me, and I really wanted to try by myself an electronic mod and that temperature limiting thing that everybody is talking about, further that I was curious about box mods, ended buying the follwing devices:

Vapor Shak rDNA40.
Vapor Flask 2.1 (with DNA40 Chip).

Now I feel I have committed a big mistake, I won't extend about this, as this is a VIR thread, I just can tell that both devices are in their way back to USA (one of the two was unused).

I just bought a SX Mini M, just because I like to experiment others technologies by myself.

soulseek

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2013
London, UK
As the anticipation was killing me, and I really wanted to try by myself an electronic mod and that temperature limiting thing that everybody is talking about, further that I was curious about box mods, ended buying the follwing devices:

Vapor Shak rDNA40.
Vapor Flask 2.1 (with DNA40 Chip).

Now I feel I have committed a big mistake, I won't extend about this, as this is a VIR thread, I just can tell that both devices are in their way back to USA (one of the two was unused).

I just bought a SX Mini M, just because I like to experiment others technologies by myself.

Ariel I follow the Temperature Control Thread daily and my conclusions are that the DNA40 is highly unreliable and even when it does work its sketchy at best. The YiHi chip and SX Mini M on the other hand have consistently good reviews.

Now as I said I would never consider using any of these over a VIR product and I haven't even tried them out myself because I despise box mods. However, it's not a bad thing to observe and learn from other products.

Steelshade

Aug 22, 2014
USA
I bought an authentic rDNA 40 because I knew it would be a long time until the JustGG version of VIR. Huge waste of money. The battery indicator doesn't even work half the time! Much of the time it refuses to switch out of temp control mode for a non-nickel build even when you manually turn it off, change the battery etc. To Vaporshark's credit, their enclosure is alright. No problems with the 510 connector or anything and their USB charger works fine. Just the DNA40 chip is utter fail. Works some of the time when it feels like it. But seriously, even the simple battery indicator having problems?! No more American authentics for me! At least nothing with a chip in it.

FogNL

ECF Veteran
Nov 25, 2013
Amsterdam
Off topic but... I have 2 different DNA40s in constant use and they have been flawless since day 1. In TC mode the conductivity (resistance) of the atty + the build needs to be very stable. The current (non J) YiHi chips are not TC so that is apples & oranges.

I hope VIR will be less sensitive and live up to it's promises! The wait for it is long enough... :)

Last edited:
Reactions: pt91

soulseek

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2013
London, UK
Have four mods wirh DNA40, two VaporSharks and two Sunboxes E7 and all work fine and do, what they should do. No complain

Yes for every 1 that works there's 2 that don't. There's countless threads and thousands of pages written on the matter, particularly when it comes to the temperature control part. A sample size of 1 or 2 is as good as nothing.

Sad Society

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
A lot of ppl don't understand that the construction of a mod is of up most importance. All GG mods that I have seen are built to withstand the test of time. I am able to fully disassemble a GG mod to clean and check all connections if I need to. The same goes for GG atomizers.

GG is breaking ground on putting electronics inside a mod. But it will not be the way that other ecig companies do it. The Proteus (for example) will have the same features as a mechanical mod. But we will be able to fully take it apart to clean and check connections. And I'm sure it will be the same with Esterigon and other existing GG mods that will get a VIR makeover.

You can call me a GG fan, but I believe wholeheartedly in the product. I have been vaping since 2009 before RDA's, RBA's, tanks and VV/VW mods existed. I have quite a few VV/VW mods that are broken. I thought that all I needed was a VW mod with a screen and that would be the last mod I would ever need. Needless to say that most of them broke.

Mods with screens are fun to play with, but they are not necessary. They are just more prone to breaking. Ever drop a cellphone? What about an Apple IPhone? Those are the worst because the screen is glass. My friend barely dropped her IPhone getting out of the car and the screen now has a crack in it.

Maybe look at your ecig mod the same way as your cellphone. Is your cellphone going to last forever? It could if you are careful with it. We may be using our cellphones as much as we use our ecigs. We pull out our ecigs and vape constantly, and we also pull out our cellphones (smartphones) and check our text messages, Facebook, emails, ect on a daily basis. You might get a new cellphone in a couple of years due to the market changing and new technology. And the same can be said about your ecig mod.

VIR is not the the end all, be all, last technology of ecigs. It would be foolish to say that...but I believe it will be built to stand the test of time, provided that you don't take a hammer to the VIR chip, and that you actually take care of it. Imeo noted that one of his Proteus fell from a height of three stories high and the VIR chip was still in working order.

Imeo says he is testing every VIR chip, whether personally or otherwise. How cool would that be to get VIR that was personally tested by imeo? Quality at it's finest, even if we have to wait a little longer.

Most mods with similar technology to VIR have screens, wires that are soldered together, and springs that can become unreliable. I understand that some ppl want box mods with VIR, but delivering an unreliable product I believe is not in imeo's nature.

The desire is to deliver the most reliable, smallest, smartest, electronic chip to grace the ecig market. VIR will be ahead with it's functions on the smallest chip, and it may be that way for quite awhile.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
you hit the nail as usual Sad. Thats exactly the purpose. A thin, small, reliable, user friendly, light, beautiful, extremely easy to operate, with more functions that every other mod, all in the smallest package.

Maybe people think that all the above features are easy to be made. But it took me 1 year to find a factory to make a so small pcba and 1 more year to find the right equipment to assemble it.

Of course some people havent use VIR, that why they are happy with existing devices. Or they cant reliably test their devices. They havent use them at high temps, they dont care about burned wicks or if the devices reach the right temp etc. On the other hand, I take care of everything before a GG construction hits the market. Does this take time? Yes, but I dont care about time. I only need my people to be happy. Same is happening with GG mechs, with GG atomizers and now with GG electronics.

Maybe my electronics are not perfect because its a very difficult project but its a very serious attempt to reach the perfect

Aal_

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2012
Toronto
I don't see blue as a troll. But i agree with sad and imeo. Imeo has a vision. He doesn't go with the trends. He has a view, an opinion about how ecigs should be and he has enough people who share his views and that's how he is still making mods.

Noone but you can decide what's best for you. When I like classy tube mods I can't think of anything but the ggts. Sometimes I like how a dripper feels and tastes so I use my bottom feeders. When I go to the beach I take a mech. When I am with friends I take a regulated mod. When I think about the safest option I might go with VIR but I don't want limited 14500 devices so I will wait for VIR to be sold on its own and build my own or wait for ggts VIR.

You see I didn't limit myself to one type. Of course you can be an exclusive ggts user who likes things that last, or someone who buys regulated box mods who when it's screen breaks he just buys another one. Me I chose everything. I even can make a box mod out of a plastic and wires.

Even with GG you see the old timers who like Ody and iatty and don't care for tilemahos or ithaka. People who like ggtb and ggts but who don't care for gg4s or esterigon. We have to accept each other. There are too many options and people are bound to get divided.

One thing is for sure. Imeo has a vision. He knows what he wants for his customers. And he delivers what he promises.

soulseek

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2013
London, UK
I don't see blue as a trol

He tries to provoke with his post and when you answer him point by point he skips it and goes back rehashes the same stuff. Then he posts the same thing a few weeks later or in another thread. He's not making any constructive posts trying to compare his appreciation of other products wrt to VIR. He's just here to provoke and if he had been doing it a more strictly regulated forum he would have been banned.

I could give you examples with links but I think I've wasted enough of my time.

Reactions: imeothanasis

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
  • Deleted by imeothanasis

Yaya

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
Kolimbari, Chania, Crete
you hit the nail as usual Sad. Thats exactly the purpose. A thin, small, reliable, user friendly, light, beautiful, extremely easy to operate, with more functions that every other mod, all in the smallest package.

Maybe people think that all the above features are easy to be made. But it took me 1 year to find a factory to make a so small pcba and 1 more year to find the right equipment to assemble it.

Of course some people havent use VIR, that why they are happy with existing devices. Or they cant reliably test their devices. They havent use them at high temps, they dont care about burned wicks or if the devices reach the right temp etc. On the other hand, I take care of everything before a GG construction hits the market. Does this take time? Yes, but I dont care about time. I only need my people to be happy. Same is happening with GG mechs, with GG atomizers and now with GG electronics.

Maybe my electronics are not perfect because its a very difficult project but its a very serious attempt to reach the perfect
I don't care what size VIR is as long as you make for JGG. I just want it.

larspMuc

Verified Member
Feb 27, 2015
Munich, Bavaria, Germany
VIR?? Where are you? No one even talks about you anymore?
Check the Proteus Official thread as well, VIR will come out with Proteus first.

the time will be bigger Kefton. I will be ready at that time but we have the packaging, the shipping, the assembling by sellers etc. Maybe 1 more week after your birthday :)
.. which would be on the 20th of June.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread