Status
Not open for further replies.

soulseek

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2013
London, UK
Having been a long time GG fan but having moved away for the past few months I'd like to give my own personal experience. You don't really need anything above 80W unless you're doing crazy lung hits, which is not a good idea imho for a prolonged amount of time.

I have a DNA200 I've made with a 3D printed case and I have the preheat at 65W and vape at 40W. If you see the actual usage through Escribe it jumps to 60W for a few 10ths of a second and drops to 10W to maintain temperature. This is with a dual coil tank vaping mouth-to-lung.

My experiences with the DNA200 board? Very positive. The temperature control is very accurate and works reliably. Would I be fine with a board that went to max 100W? Of course. This was one of my complaints when they first released the device. The average user doesn't need that much. Is the Escribe software and the ability to change so many parameters that useful? Not really. I'm an advanced user but all I really want is a Ti profile the rest is a nice added bonus but not life changing.

One thing I've been pleasantly surprised with is the LiPo in my board. It's a 900mah 3S, basically as much as an 18650, which is enough for me for a day but not for a heavy user. Why is the battery such a positive and important thing? Lipos have a very flat discharge curve. I've tried many TC devices with single 18650s and they vape nice for the first few minutes. However, the batteries just drop way too fast and it reflects on the vape. Personally, I'm very happy with my device; light and small since it's 3D printed and surprisingly durable.

What to take from this? I would have preferred a nice VIR device with the craftsmanship and quality from Imeo but it never came along. This DNA200 is the best compromise and I'm very happy with it and would recommend it to anyone with the acquired knowledge.

PS: the tank I'm using is new and quite good but I'm probably going back to a Tilemahos with springomizer, if it works well with TC. Dual coil is not for me and Tilemahos gives awesome flavour and has awesome quality.

Attachments

• DNA200.jpg
    DNA200.jpg
    775.1 KB · Views: 103

Ariel_MX

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2010
Guadalajara, México
This is why a lot of The New Age Vapers require high power capable devices:

125gu3d.jpg

2s7w1vk.jpg

a5clxj.jpg

15xl5rd.jpg

I'm an old school vaper, I have to recognize, that took me a lot of time to understand this new "cloud chasing age" and its crazy coil builds with high gauge wires (fat wires), combinations of wires of different gauges and very low resistances (subohm term), I'm not interested in crazy coil builds nor cloud chasing, but, for example, before Springomizer, the lowest resistance I used to use was between 0.9 to 1.0 ohms, vaping between 14 to 17 watts (regulated device), currently I vaping a Tilemahos with Springomizer, with a resistance of 0.56 ohms at 23.2 watts.

Do you remember those iAtty days?

We used to use 36AWG, 34AWG wires, resitances of 1.5 to 2.3 ohms then with Odysseus and Ithaka (ceramic) I started to use 32AWG, then 28AWG and 26AWG (Ithaka Update and Tilemahos).

Yaya

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
Kolimbari, Chania, Crete
:shock::evil:
This is why a lot of The New Age Vapers require high power capable devices:

125gu3d.jpg

2s7w1vk.jpg

a5clxj.jpg

15xl5rd.jpg

I'm an old school vaper, I have to recognize, that took me a lot of time to understand this new "cloud chasing age" and its crazy coil builds with high gauge wires (fat wires), combinations of wires of different gauges and very low resistances (subohm term), I'm not interested in crazy coil builds nor cloud chasing, but, for example, before Springomizer, the lowest resistance I used to use was between 0.9 to 1.0 ohms, vaping between 14 to 17 watts (regulated device), currently I vaping a Tilemahos with Springomizer, with a resistance of 0.56 ohms at 23.2 watts.

Do you remember those iAtty days?

We used to use 36AWG, 34AWG wires, resitances of 1.5 to 2.3 ohms then with Odysseus and Ithaka (ceramic) I started to use 32AWG, then 28AWG and 26AWG (Ithaka Update and Tilemahos).

Wow:shock::evil::vapor::admin:

Reactions: Ariel_MX

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
I see Ariel. Its all about how fat the coil is. But like that we may need 2000 watts if we put fat coils, something like the wires that electricity company uses to carry current :laugh:

I think the situation is out of control and it looks funny to me. 4-6 batteries for fat wires? Do you remember when I was saying that in a while some people will carry a car battery at their back? We are close to this lol

ManniGfaltig

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2011
Germany
Oh well, long time no read... I remember these days quite well. Iatty, my first tank without cotton or other filler, vaping at 1.8 Ohms and about 4 Volts on my first self build regulated mod - simply bliss!
Thanks again to Imeo - I am pretty satisfied with my curent vaping gear. My daily vape are Penelope 3 on my Esterigon and Flavour Chasers Tilemahos on the GG4s (both around 0.7 Ohms).
Out of curiosity I bought a DNA200 mod cause of the temperature regulated limited vaping and some of the fancy features of the DNA like Pre-Heat. I don't use it as "intended", sometimes I put a dripper on it which I vape around 40 watts but basically I am a MTL vaper, so I find myself putting my GG atomizers onto it and vape at around 15 watts (which should be too much energy efficent).
What I like most about the DNA 200 is the temperature limit which hopefully prevents some ill chemicals, that it can work with every wire out there and the fact that it can be charged almost everywhere (as I travel a lot). Despite that I usually take my GGs (and a few batteries) with me and leave the DNA at home cause its heavy and clumsy.

Anyways, I will wait for Proteus until the day comes (hopefully soon). Too bad though that the kudos for temperature regulated vaping are not going to Imeo in that extend as he deserves it...

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
Thank you Mann:)

Yes, temp control is an invention of mine but I was not able to bring it to people. It was back at 2011 when I thought of it and after 4 years I saw it to the market lol

By the way, my patent number is 20120100199 and it shows that I patented at April 2012. You can search for it here: Αναζήτηση Εθνικού Μητρώου Τίτλων
And for my foreign customers, here: https://www.obi.gr/obi/Default.aspx?tabid=125

Temp control is good! But it has to control temp and not just limit it. I hope that soon I will be able to show you what I mean with Proteus.

Last edited:

Troll from behind

ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2012
Finlad
I wait because I am not ready troll. Do you think that I feel nice with all this delay?
NO!
Sorry, if it came out wrong.
Was honestly only thinking about the effects of possible regulations NOT Imeo not doing his best.
Sorry, if it sounded like that, wasn't meant to be.[emoji22]

Reactions: steliosss

Ariel_MX

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2010
Guadalajara, México
Can someone let me know where to buy titanium wire in USA. Also what's the acceptable wick these days and where to buy. I've been out of this game for awhile and am not up on the latest healthy stuff. Proteus is going to get me off butts again I hope.

I think there are many sources, but I read the one that sells "sweetspotvapors" and the "Spider Silk" wire supposedly are very good (both are in the USA).

I bought long time ago the "Spider Silk Titanium Wire" but I haven't used it yet, I was waiting for the Proteus.

jesseseetai

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
louisville, ky, usa
I think there are many sources, but I read the one that sells "sweetspotvapors" and the "Spider Silk" wire supposedly are very good (both are in the USA).

I bought long time ago the "Spider Silk Titanium Wire" but I haven't used it yet, I was waiting for the Proteus.

sweet spot isn't real grade 1 and spider silk is way over priced.... Temco is the way to go!

monkkx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2013
paris, abu dhabi
Hi imeo, I've reserved 2 tilemahos, received one, and before confirming the 2nd one, I'd like to be sure you'll release an adaptor for one of the existing 18650 mods (estirigon would be my favorite), or maybe a plan for a different 18650 mod that can handle existing VIR from proteus. Can you please confirm and communicate a release date?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread