VIR official

Status
Not open for further replies.

woita

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2014
Ohio
sorry to be a sourpuss here, but do you have a rough estimate as to when that "when" will be?

I've been waiting for this actually for quite some time as well and you made some promises last year if I may remind you.

You even promised you would sell the Esterigon VIR parts below cost (which I don't really expect and you don't have to do that imo) for your Proteus users.

VIR is great but tbh Proteus is just not what I need given the size of atties nowadays and the really limited batteries that are available.

It's great that you come out with new things and even make a new batch of Armed (which is just not for me, got enough Tiles, don't care for springs), but you promised us spares which I'm still waiting for (have some half-Tiles here) and Esterigon-VIR (oh, and also a box).

It would be great if you would communicate a little bit more to the community what you are doing, planning and up to :)

You also mentioned you had a Esterigon-VIR prototype somewhere, but it didn't work. What did it look like, what didn't work? Again, a little more verbosity could help us (me) feeling more appreciated here ;)

Sorry for that, but it's been a long time. And given the long time Proteus took, I'm starting to feel a little worried :D

Little reminders:
after the mass production of the new thing that I am making, I will start the VIR kit for esterigon and the spares guys :)

woita, esterigon needs the below things work with VIR and at the same length as it is right now:

a venting cap like Proteus's
a brass pcba tube like Proteus's
a small pin that will replace the atomizer pin

I am thinking of making those parts and sells them below my cost for people that have Proteus, so they can easily have a 18650 device with VIR inside. Where will they find VIR? The one inside Proteus.

The wireless style of VIR is brilliant and allow us to make too many things. Nothing is fixed on GG devices as you may know. I hate fixed style because its China like stuff.

I am preparing the sample of the box, I have to make esterigon-VIR combo BUT for now I am making somemthing new. Maybe the one that Stelios shaw in his dreams! lol

I will do my best JM! But please wait a little more because I am really buzy with Cybrillion-Tilemahos-Penelope-spares. :)

notarobot

ECF Veteran
May 28, 2015
Germany
I'm also waiting for Esterigon parts for VIR for a long time. Dear Imeo, please give us some information when you are planning to do this. My Proteus is collecting dust. To be honest, it's not practical for me because of weak batteries. Using Proteus as a mechanical mod should work though (I'm using a Nemesis mini with Penelope 4 and it is okay).

So please, make a "VIR-swap-kit" that enables us to put VIR into Esterigon and to use Proteus as a mechanical mod. When doing the latter, it would be great if flat top 14500 batteries would fit too.

woita

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2014
Ohio
agreed, but Proteus seems unsellable for now.

In my desperation I have even tried to build a Ester-VIR-igon myself. Basically all one would need is two adapter rings with inner threads that fit the Proteus-VIR-part and the bottom cap and outer threads that fit in an Esterigon tube.

It would look stupid, because of the dimensions, but I would go for it rather than with the 14500s.

Unfortunately none of my CNC-shop-friends had the appropriate tools for these (as they put it) "exotic" thread sizes that Proteus and Esterigon use :(

Here's some pics - if only I could make some threads, but I'm a software guy, unable to make hardware :D

IMG_4832 (1).JPG IMG_4833 (1).JPG IMG_4834 (1).JPG IMG_4835 (1).JPG

Last edited:

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
sorry to be a sourpuss here, but do you have a rough estimate as to when that "when" will be?

I've been waiting for this actually for quite some time as well and you made some promises last year if I may remind you.

You even promised you would sell the Esterigon VIR parts below cost (which I don't really expect and you don't have to do that imo) for your Proteus users.

VIR is great but tbh Proteus is just not what I need given the size of atties nowadays and the really limited batteries that are available.

It's great that you come out with new things and even make a new batch of Armed (which is just not for me, got enough Tiles, don't care for springs), but you promised us spares which I'm still waiting for (have some half-Tiles here) and Esterigon-VIR (oh, and also a box).

It would be great if you would communicate a little bit more to the community what you are doing, planning and up to :)

You also mentioned you had a Esterigon-VIR prototype somewhere, but it didn't work. What did it look like, what didn't work? Again, a little more verbosity could help us (me) feeling more appreciated here ;)

Sorry for that, but it's been a long time. And given the long time Proteus took, I'm starting to feel a little worried :D

Little reminders:
No problem woita!
You are right about Tilly spares and I am working on them as we speak. In fact I am making all GG constructions spares as we speak

Yes, esterigon parts for VIR will be sold much cheaper, just for proteus users. I just didnt find the time to make esterigon parts for VIR. I am trying to make a lot of things together and sometimes its difficult to do all of them at once. I am trying to satisfy right now all people that need parts for GG constructions and thats a lot of work because I have to make about 350 parts.

About the communication with you, I am doing exactly this. I am trying to put things in a priority. The first priority if you agree is to make all spares, together with new innovations, witch is my first priority. Spares comes second and updated things for existing GG constructions comes third (like vir for exterigon or Ithaka base for Armed, or......)

Ok, let me see what I can do, together with spares that I am making right now

Reactions: woita

woita

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2014
Ohio
No problem woita!
You are right about Tilly spares and I am working on them as we speak. In fact I am making all GG constructions spares as we speak

Yes, esterigon parts for VIR will be sold much cheaper, just for proteus users. I just didnt find the time to make esterigon parts for VIR. I am trying to make a lot of things together and sometimes its difficult to do all of them at once. I am trying to satisfy right now all people that need parts for GG constructions and thats a lot of work because I have to make about 350 parts.

About the communication with you, I am doing exactly this. I am trying to put things in a priority. The first priority if you agree is to make all spares, together with new innovations, witch is my first priority. Spares comes second and updated things for existing GG constructions comes third (like vir for exterigon or Ithaka base for Armed, or......)

Ok, let me see what I can do, together with spares that I am making right now

Thank you for you kind reply and your understanding. Again, no hard feelings intended here :)

I understand you are busy and full of ideas. If you could at least make some "adapter rings" with those spares to use Proteus-VIR-parts on an Esterigon tube - that would make me happy enough until you find the time for a more elaborate solution :D

Have a nice weekend!

monkkx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2013
paris, abu dhabi
Thank you for you kind reply and your understanding. Again, no hard feelings intended here :)

I understand you are busy and full of ideas. If you could at least make some "adapter rings" with those spares to use Proteus-VIR-parts on an Esterigon tube - that would make me happy enough until you find the time for a more elaborate solution :D

Have a nice weekend!

That'll make at least 2 of us happy!

soulseek

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2013
London, UK
From what I remember reading he's not exactly sure how make this work Esterigon and he's too busy selling new atomisers and accessories. It makes sense, in the short term, from a business point of view, since he'll barely make any extra money by releasing cheap Esterigon adapters for Proteus users. It's just frustrating as I assume a few of us wouldn't have bought it to begin with if we knew it would take this long.

As I said before, don't know on this anytime soon...

utal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 12, 2011
Lisbon, Portugal
kitemania.com.pt
From what I remember reading he's not exactly sure how make this work Esterigon and he's too busy selling new atomisers and accessories. It makes sense, in the short term, from a business point of view, since he'll barely make any extra money by releasing cheap Esterigon adapters for Proteus users. It's just frustrating as I assume a few of us wouldn't have bought it to begin with if we knew it would take this long.

As I said before, don't know on this anytime soon...
Agree with all, the 3 years wait for Proteus turned it out of usage to me due to batt configuration in the actual days (know that it will probably fit others needs) and any GG basic adapter for Esterigon or any GG mod would make me very happy [emoji6][emoji485]

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Tim26

Jul 28, 2013
Chelmsford Essex
The easiest fix I could find to use vir with a bigger battery was to fit the proteus brass housing inside a poldiac clone switch housing . All that's required is to open out a rib on the inside to slide the proteus part in . I've been using it for 3 days now and I'm getting a good 8 hours of heavy use on a 3000 mah . It works really well and will keep me going until imeo comes up with something

hobbes4

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2009
The easiest fix I could find to use vir with a bigger battery was to fit the proteus brass housing inside a poldiac clone switch housing . All that's required is to open out a rib on the inside to slide the proteus part in . I've been using it for 3 days now and I'm getting a good 8 hours of heavy use on a 3000 mah . It works really well and will keep me going until imeo comes up with something

Pics? Not sure what you mean by open out a rib on the inside?

Reactions: imeothanasis

Tim26

Jul 28, 2013
Chelmsford Essex
Pics? Not sure what you mean by open out a rib on the inside?
I'll post some pics when I've worked out how to , what I mean by open out the rib is . If you take the proteus brass part it is 17mm diameter , strip out the poldiac switch there is a rib / flange inside that is smaller . Open this out to 17mm + and you can fit the proteus brass part with the vir into the poldiac . The button and the led line up nicely with the hole for the poldiad button . So you can try it with a bigger battery . It's not pretty and it's not perfect but it works . When I have more time I'm going to tidy it up and make it look better .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread