Virgin Vapor reviews suspiciously all 5-star?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coldrake

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
The beautiful Puget Sound
Remember, the 5 star ratings (they're not all 5 stars) are an average.They certainly have their fair share of 1, 2 and 3 star ratings.

I've found that most of their e-liquids are really good after 2 weeks of maturing, but some really hit their sweet spot after about 3 to 4 weeks, such as Creme Caramel, Double Espresso, Kona Velvet Milkshake, and Death by Chocolate. Some, like Drunken Pirate Pudding, (a new Virgin Vapor favorite of mine) are amazing after only about 2 weeks. I'm sure some are great when they first arrive, but since they are freshly made I always let them mature for a couple of weeks before I try them.

madqatter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2013
Virginia
FTR: My comment is NOT about Virgin Vapors.
I would say that they maybe picking and choosing what reviews to post.
I have encountered at least one site that told me my juice review was "awaiting moderation." They could be doing that to filter spam & other problems, but it also made me wonder whether they were screening reviews. I probably won't find out, though, because my review was a very laudatory one. :)

Coldrake

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
i should add, i didn't just order 1 sample pack, i ordered 3. wasn't satisfied with any except the coconut breeze. i know people have varied palates, but the reviews on that site still have me suspicious.
If you don't buy from stores that have stellar ratings on their e-liquids, where do you buy from?

CorallineAlgae

ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2014
Washington, LA
Yeah, I tasted my first VV juice today, Original Sin, and it tastes like hair conditioner. Just awful. I doubt they'll post my review on their site but I submitted one anyway. I gave it 2 stars because it's only been steeping for 11 days and has the ideal sweetness and throat hit I like. That's probably more than it deserves.

Shipmonster

Aug 13, 2014
Paradise
Not to hash up an old post but I bought 3 flavors back in FEBRUARY. They all have a heavy medicine, perfume that makes me gag even after 7 months of steeping. I've given it to friends to try out and no one, I mean no one can vape this stuff. I'ts acrid to a degree of which I have only experienced when trying to escape a burning car.

And customer service didn't off any help on the matter. I did find this though...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3Cd6u56BXY

realsis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2014
California
I'm always especially careful if reviews are 100% positive. Bottom line, you can please 100% of the customers ALL the time. Their should be at least a few less then positive reviews. Problem is with some places comments have to go through a "approval" process. Another words they screen the comments and get rid of the less than positive ones. This is NOT a honnest process. Always be leary of a company that screens their comments.

Coldrake

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
I'm always especially careful if reviews are 100% positive.
I agree. Virgin Vapors reviews are not all 5 star, 100% positive. There are plenty of 2,3 and 4 star reviews. It seems you either love their e-liquids or can't stand them. Personally, they are one of my top three vendors, and have been for over a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread