Vision deux, hitting dry, also Vision grande flooding nightmare.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Secti0n31

ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2011
Ohio
At first I thought it was because I was vaping it at 4.4v. Ce2's hit dry when you vape them at voltages higher than 3.7v. So I tried it on an ego battery, 2 good hits, then dry. So I take it apart, put it back together to make sure the wick slots are lined up. Still 2 hits then dry. So Then I pull up a little on the filler cap, still dry. Any ideas? It's the 3.5ml large Vision Deux with LED. Tried it first on a VV at 4.4v which is my standard ce2/dc voltage, then on a 3.7v ego clone, then on a 3.4v genuine ego.

Next the grande. Great flavor, vapes well at 4.4v. Cooler vape than I'm used to but I like that. But the Grande is flooding like crazy, always a gurgle bubble mess of juice.

I'll take advise on either issue. Thanks guys and gals.

burns_erin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
The ArmPit of Texas
Some more information please...what kind of juice are you using?

The vision extreme led, assuming you aren't using very thick juice, pull out the cup seal and make sure there isn't a flaw in the seal causing it to press into the wicks, or you can cut into the wick slits making them a tad larger.

As for the grande, you might try to very, very carefully AND ONLY WHEN IT IS STILL ON A BATTERY OR PRESSED AGAINST A HARD SURFACE press the cup seal down a little. I stress gently and on a battery because it is entirely possible to push the battery pin down or out causing catastrophic leaking.

Secti0n31

ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2011
Ohio
The juice in the deux is a custom blend that's pg80/20vg from Gourmet vapor, so it's not too thick. As for the grande, I'm working on it. I took the cap off and put it back on firmly, and we'll see how long it takes before it blurbs on me again.

Back to the deux, It does look like when I re-insert the cap the slits get a little bit pinched, but by the time they get to the wick, they open back up and it's all peachy. I'm trying to avoid having to cut the slits any larger, but if it becomes necessary, I will.

Secti0n31

ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2011
Ohio
Ok, seems like I jumped the gun on the Grande issue. It seems like the center post of the grande is very loose, so I got it to stay down, and locked it down with the silicone cap. Also noticed that the center part of the connector end was protruding a little (like if you poked down the center post, the middle part of the battery comes through too). So I mashed that back up into the connector. Filled it up, so far so good.

Not so good with the deux. I'll work on that.

haft2doit

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2010
erie, PA
Do you tilt the 3.5 vision when vaping? Or do you vape upright? Like every carto of this design i have to keep one side submerged in juice and the other above juice level. This keeps my visions very wet... Too wet actually, I have to pull the mouth piece and drain after a little while. I'd rather do that then have dry hits though. The trick with the 3.5's is all in the plug placement. It's a little different from carto to carto, but I have to fiddle some with the plug. Get the plug out, line it up and use the mp to push it down onto the cup. This will be the most open you can get it. If that causes flooding, push the plug down a little and try again. Eventually you will find the right position. There is always the carto that just can't be saved. The coil may just be too tight. Very rarely have I had a lost cause but it can happen. Can be a pain but the vision is a good carto. 4+ volts you get unreliable performance. The mid to higher ohm versions can do it ok. 4.7v is about as far as I can push em.

Secti0n31

ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2011
Ohio
I think I'm gonna X-acto the slots a little bigger into the silicone cap as opposed to leaving the cap up. That's ironically why I bought the x-actos in the first place.

The grande does get a little gurgle after sitting, but it's not as bad as it was before. Before it was completely clogged, and now it just takes a little pull to get it going.

burns_erin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
The ArmPit of Texas
I think I'm gonna X-acto the slots a little bigger into the silicone cap as opposed to leaving the cap up. That's ironically why I bought the x-actos in the first place.

The grande does get a little gurgle after sitting, but it's not as bad as it was before. Before it was completely clogged, and now it just takes a little pull to get it going.

I am glad you are getting things going :)

BTW, I and many on here always keep the inner plugs on these because some are just better than others ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread