Vision eGo Clearomizer V3 life span and cleaning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maka

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 19, 2012
High on Vaping
V3 Vision eGo Clearomizer.jpg
So my questions are:
1) How long do they last?
2) How often should I clean them?
3) Do they need cleaning?
4) How to clean them?

Thanks.

allenwjones

Sep 12, 2012
United States
Hello Maka.. I am a relatively new vape-r so I cannot answer how long these last, but I have had one die in less than a week by putting an acidic juice in it. Also, I have noticed that the dark/sweet fluids tend to clog up the coil with carbon after a tank or two. Even with some of the more clear fluids I have found it good to clean it out after 2 or 3 tanks.

I have found that there is no consensus on how to clean these. The method I prefer is:

1. Carefully pry out the silicone seal and metal spout with a bent paperclip.
2. Put the clearomizer, silicone seal, metal spout, and tip into a small bowl.
3. Fill the bowl with the cheapest vodka you can find to cover the parts.
4. Let soak several hours then 'swish' the parts around in the vodka till clean.
5. Put parts aside in a safe, dry location until dried out or use blowdryer on low.
6. Reassemble the parts and refill clearomizer then turn tank thoroughly to prime wick.
7. If wick was still 'wet' with the alcohol it may take a few vapes to break in.

I am sure there are many other opinions out there, and there are several videos on YouTube that also show how to remove the silicon seal and metal spout if you cannot figure this part out from my description.

~Cheers!

RedForeman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2010
Georgia
I haven't bought any V3, but the V2s I bought have lasted ok. Generally, I think these are on the fragile side and there are better clearos on the market. The Vivi Nova and Vivi Mini have been more durable and generally easier to use for me. Functionality is near equal, although the Visions are more difficult to fill and require it more frequently. Out of 5, one went burnt within days of putting it to use. Another went to leaking around the base connector, likely from slightly rough handling. The other three still work, but I quit using them once my Vivis came in. I'd expect about a month or three the way I use them, with about a 1 in 4 failure rate for one reason or another.

As mentioned, dark flavors like chocolates, coffees, and some tobaccos will develop a tainted taste sooner than others. I don't care for those flavors in the first place, so I can't comment on how much they reduce the expected life of a clearo.

I'm the opposite of many obsessive-compulsive cleaners around here. This stuff is so inexpensive it will either work or it gets tossed. I just refuse to waste an hour to rescue a $5 clearo. That is, unless I have nothing else to fall back on. I clean them as a last ditch to get a marginal one working good again, or if I am changing flavors and think the blend of old and new flavors will be nasty. The V3 is rebuildable, so now you're talking a $2 atty if there's a buildup problem.

My cleaning regimen is much more streamlined LOL. Remove from the battery, take the top off and hold it under running water. 5-6 partial fill and shake then dry with a towel and blow excess water out of the battery end. Refill and vape. It takes a few minutes to get through the water and start wicking juice. Takes less than a minute and requires no special cleaning products.

spider362

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2010
Raleigh, NC
I bought 2 Vision eGo V3's (they were called V2 when I bought them but they're both rebuildable and have the long wick) and I've been using the first one for 5 weeks now (still original everything).

Cleaning:
I just rinse mine out every couple of days.
I've dry-burned 3 times, but the coil glows red after only 3 or 4 button pushes (to dry the water off I think) so I'm not sure dry-burn is necessary. This is probably due to the fact I only use Menthol (no tobacco) juice so there isn't much, if any, gunk build up.

I bought one V2 (the non-rebuildable) and it lasted for 4 weeks with minimal maintenance. Then today it broke just below the silver ring below the drip tip. No biggie, I didn't like it at all. The flavor was really muted and it was only good for getting rid of nastier juices that I DON'T want to taste too well. I moved to eGo-SCT clearos and they work well and the taste is awesome!

dennis_j

ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Austin, Minnesota, United States
i have used these ,there not my fav.I just wash under hot running water dry with paper towel ,then dry burn to remove build up, burn until they stop smoking, give the CE3XL clearomizers a try there less than 2$ apice,last3 to 4 weeks, you can take these apart and clean them also I have rewicked one and it worked pretty well, thats if your into tinkering ,I get mine from discount vapers.com for lest than 10$ for 5 pk check them out on you tube got great reviews.............

love_leigh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2012
Orlando
Hmm... I've been using 3 in rotation since I started vaping 3 months ago and I was quite happy with them (nothing to compare 'em to but they served their purpose.) Within the past 2 weeks all 3 have started leaking from where the tank meets the bottom metal 'ring'. Is there a way to prevent/fix this? Could it be operator error (wouldn't surprise me :blush: ) or is this common? I have tossed 2 of the tubes and kept the innards with hopes that the tube is all that needs replacing. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Have a Vivi Nova in the mail as well as a CE2 Plus XL to test drive, but living 5 minutes from a brick & mortar the rebuildable Vision V3 just seems more convenient and less $$$$.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
I've been getting a burnt kind of plastic taste with mine since last night. I've cleaned it out twice but still get the burnt taste. Checking all the parts everything looks fine though. Any ideas anyone?

What eliquid flavor are you using, I've read that some can degrade/melt/crack the plastic on these.

I've been getting a burnt kind of plastic taste with mine since last night. I've cleaned it out twice but still get the burnt taste. Checking all the parts everything looks fine though. Any ideas anyone?

If cleaning isn't fiixing the issue, it could be that it's not getting enough liquid to the coil so you're heating a dry or almost dry coil and cooking whatever is getting to it.

Barbara21

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 21, 2013
Greenville, SC, USA
I'm the opposite of many obsessive-compulsive cleaners around here. This stuff is so inexpensive it will either work or it gets tossed. I just refuse to waste an hour to rescue a $5 clearo. That is, unless I have nothing else to fall back on. I clean them as a last ditch to get a marginal one working good again, or if I am changing flavors and think the blend of old and new flavors will be nasty. The V3 is rebuildable, so now you're talking a $2 atty if there's a buildup problem.

My cleaning regimen is much more streamlined LOL. Remove from the battery, take the top off and hold it under running water. 5-6 partial fill and shake then dry with a towel and blow excess water out of the battery end. Refill and vape. It takes a few minutes to get through the water and start wicking juice. Takes less than a minute and requires no special cleaning products.

I'm with you. The clearos I use are just over $8.00 for 6 of them (from FastTech). I haven't had any problems and I'm not going to spend lots of time cleaning them just to extend the lifespan a bit. (It helps that I have several dozen spares at any given time. :) )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread