Vision spinner 2 battery question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Spinner charging is a dark art. You need good Karma and to have lived a clean life.
They are probably the worst battery every made for charging...

(however....)

What many people won't know is that using a standard 510 eGo USB charger, the Spinner reads as fully charged before it is fully charged.
You charge it... it reads green. BUT it's not really charged.
SO - You unplug it and do it all over again... and guess what, it turns red and then it finishes charging properly.
This sounds like BS, but I kid you not. You have to charge them twice, sometimes three times to get them properly charged.
Try it. :)

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Spinner charging is a dark art. You need good Karma and to have lived a clean life.
    They are probably the worst battery every made for charging...

(however....)

What many people won't know is that using a standard 510 eGo USB charger, the Spinner reads as fully charged before it is fully charged.
    You charge it... it reads green. BUT it's not really charged.
    SO - You unplug it and do it all over again... and guess what, it turns red and then it finishes charging properly.
    This sounds like BS, but I kid you not. You have to charge them twice, sometimes three times to get them properly charged.
    Try it. :)

Seen that before. Sometimes after taking off if you vape on it just a bit to discharge it so when you put it back on that it goes right into charge mode ( and actually finishes).

I guess there are all sorts of Spinners out there by now??

Reactions: djsvapour

djsvapour

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 2, 2012
    England and Wales
    Seen that before. Sometimes after taking off if you vape on it just a bit to discharge it so when you put it back on that it goes right into charge mode ( and actually finishes).

I guess there are all sorts of Spinners out there by now??

I don't know which Spinner style batteries exist... The lack of reliability and annoying flaws in the charging process stopped me buying or recommending them anymore.
    That and they are now really bad value. Vendors are still selling them for 2013 prices.
    Maybe there is a minimum one has to charge... just seems expensive compared to a basic/small box mod

The charging issues caused hundreds of threads to be created. Some people claimed you could affect the charging business by turning the volts dial. Some people (like me) actually went to the trouble of ordering the genuine Vision charger (not that costly but with P&P) and they were certainly better but still the same "hello, I'm now charged and have turned green" was still a problem.
    Generally annoying really. Such a shame. I think the tiny charging board/chip had un-resolvable problems.

Reactions: r77r7r
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread