Vision Spinner Button Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

SimboSlice

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2012
Chicago
Vision Spinners buttons are getting stuck. After opening the battery and seeing the problem, I found that the glue (that holds the small circuit board) gets dislodged and button falls inside. This can happen easily from dropping the battery. The engineers at Vision need to use the method joyetech uses to hold the button in place. Flimsy glue is a terrible idea and every battery is at risk from this defect.

I urge madvapes to talk to Vision and sort this problem out.

Happened to me today. I dropped it on carpet yesterday and the button got all messed up, then my friend dropped it on carpet again today and it became completely useless. Didn't know what caused it, but what you're describing sounds like exactly what happened to me. It's a shame, because I LOVE my Spinner. Going back to my backup eGo is really unsatisfying.

RoadToNever

ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2012
Sweden
I got one like this today. The button wouldn't move and the light went on an off at random. I decided to open it up discovered the culprit was the micro switch on the circuit board. These sometimes break although I now wish I got the Ego Twist instead.

EDIT:Ordered from a different vendor(thread came up on google search)

Last edited:

Marb

ECF Veteran
May 30, 2011
Portland, OR
My Spinner just completely stopped today. Doesn't do anything when I push the button; but the button lights when I put it on the charger, so IDK...

If no one with helpful hints posts here, I'll probably do some recon into disassembly myself... I found that the old SMOK egos are just a simple press fit, so I'm thinking these are similar... If not, I'll be posting with what NOT to do, lol...

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Hi Marb,

That would be a press fit from which end? I've heard - I think about the Twist - that the adjustment dial is held by some type of close fit / press fit bushing. If that's so on the Spinner, then maybe the first step is to pop off the adjust dial? Strictly a guess!

Both of mine are still working fine, but nothing lasts forever. Looking forward to the results of your investigation, and wishing you good luck on the resurrection. (Any chance of step by step pics?)

Marb

ECF Veteran
May 30, 2011
Portland, OR
I found that the spinner's top (button housing/connector) is almost identical, if not exactly the same, as the ones used on the standard SMOK egos. And seems to very similar to the Twists in how they're also a press fit.

I have no clue how the dial mounts - I didn't mess with that at all.
However, I was able to pop mine apart by holding the body in my hands and pushing the button housing back and forth with my thumbs; turning 180 degrees between pushes. This eventually rocks the connector up out of the the tube. Be careful when it's coming out - you don't want to pull the wires out of the solder joints if they're not already apart.
I was able to get mine apart w/o using any tools, but requires strong hands and/or maybe some gloves to lessen the chance of hurting yourself :blink:
Or you could use soft-jaw pliers or gently clamp the button housing in a soft-jaw vice if you're worried about marring the surface.

I didn't want have to mess with soldering, so didn't pull it completely apart for fear of popping a wire or two. I only repositioned the button a little and put it back together. It's still wonky, but hey at least its working again.

Attachments

• spinnerbatt.jpg
    spinnerbatt.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 307

sandybeach

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 8, 2011
Chicago
I have had mine less than a month, and I loved it. I just emailed Mad Vapes about the button getting stuck. I asked if I could fix it myself or if I should return it; will let you know what happens.

Got an email back saying they are out of stock until late February or early March, and would I like store credit or wait until then for replacement? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread