Vision spinner problems!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rokin Randy

Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
My house
I've had 3 spinners go out in the same fashion in 4 months time. I still have one of them I read this and just pulled it out of the waste basket..I'll have to try the rice trick. A friend of mine on YouTube told me it's always "the silver ones bro".. I'm not sure why color would make a difference.But the ones I've had issues with are the silver ..Weird Still not as bad as my 4 ego-c that I have in a bag somewhere. Or Like 5 of them..
But if it's juice on the terminal that is causing the issue then I'm glad I just tried the proTanks..Been vaping that ProTank for a week and no juice in the battery terminal at all, love it..Best mass market tank I ever tried.. I still don't know If I'll buy any more spinners as sturdy as they are and as much as I liked them..I may try the Robust as the Monkey mentioned earlier instead..

Rokin Randy

Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
My house
Thanks Harp,
I pulled it out the right and screwed the atty back and forth and it acts like it wants to start sizzling. Like a quick little pfft! noise..Tried pulling the post.. Hmm If I was a mod tinkerer I'd have some good parts and batteries to use...I'll just try the Robust for now on or the Inokin...I swear If I realized those were That! Tiny! I would've got those a long time ago.

WarHawk-AVG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
H-Town
Silly crazy question here (and possible factory defect solution!)

What about protecting the circuitry of the charger/firing mechanism?

As in, when you pop it open you see the guts of the spinner, clean it up real good with 91% isopropyl alcohol and let dry VERY VERY GOOD [maybe even blast it gently with a hair dryer), then put a protective coating over the circuit board, a conformal coating of say "clear nail polish" or even clear 2 part 5-min epoxy, or liquid electrical tape?

I watched this video
Ego-C Twist Repair - YouTube

It clearly shows a tiny circuit board...completely unprotected...why not after getting it working...slather it with several coats of conformal coating and let dry (not covering the push button switch)...this way the juice doesn't short it out and cause it not to work?

(If it was mine..I would probably go as far as taking some liquid silicon I had left over from installing my kitchen sink and put a glob on the bottom of the 510 head [sealing it to prevent any juice from flowing thru])

Last edited:

FordPrefect

Aug 20, 2013
Sparta, TN
Thank you all for your patient and amazing help! I thought my spinner was done for, and I too have only had it for about a month. It was presenting the same problems the OP had.

After reading this thread I decided to start with the easiest fix and pulled the center post up a bit. Still nothing. Since that didn't work I decided to get brave and (very) carefully pried the top off the battery tube. Everything inside was perfectly dry, even though I have been having a lot of leakage issues. After putting it together I decided I couldn't hurt anything much more and pulled the center post up quite a bit. More like I pulled it up as far as it would go before I figured it would break. After making sure it was still connected with my meter, I put it on the charger and TA DA! It's now charging magnificently. I think I pressed the post down all the times I was wiping juice out if it... I had no idea it moved so easily, or at all for that matter.

Thanks again.

Toot Sweet

Feb 14, 2011
Portland, Oregon
  • Deleted by badkolo

yiddleboge6

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2012
PA
  • Deleted by badkolo

Yohkos

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Texas
Ya but dead after a month... come on! That's a bunch of BS. I hope it does too or I'll prob look for another one with a better warranty or wait for a coupon or something so i don't waste $30 again. I know people have bought this batt before me and theres is still working great. Mine just dies after 30 days and there CAN'T BE ANYTHING DONE ABOUT IT... Ridiculous. All they'd do is send it back or something. I'm just stuck with garbage unless I can find someone who can open it up and take a look and maybe fix it if this rice doesn't work.

My spinner is doing the same thing and not very old. I know how you feel.

brickfollett

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 25, 2013
Washington
Time to upgrade to a Provari! lol jk, I'm getting my wife a vision spinner tomorrow, hopefully nothing like this happens. If that fails, I'll get her a genuine joyetech ego c twist and see if that does any better. if THAT fails, I'll convince her that her pocket/purse can handle something a little nicer like a itaste vv or better yet, a provari mini, because i have nothing but love for mine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread