Status
Not open for further replies.

JaneinMesa

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2012
AZ
Purchased 2 Spinners (1300 mah) and am having the following problems:

1) Top threaded section gets stretched out and my Vision Vivi Novas fall out. (Could be threads on Vivi Nova get worn down, too.) I had to hammer around (scratching and nicking it) the top to get it to tighten up. This also happened with my KGO battery. The metal must be very soft.

2) I don't like the cut-off (11 sec.?) for long draws. Has this been eliiminated in the current model? A couple vendors I've looked at don't even mention this.

3) Drop one on it bottom and the battery is loose and button is stuck. Suppose I have to throw it away. I really wish they would not make these things round. You set them down and they roll off the table. Could easily be remedied with a knurled knob with flattened sides.

Anyone know of what I can get that fixes the above problems? Otherwise I'd be very satisfied with the Spinner.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
1. In general, Joyetech has the best threading. Kanger is catching on - the T3's are better than the crunchy T2's - I put in a complaint and I'm guessing others too. carto manufacturers are the worst, including Vision, imo. Not much to do - there are 'rethreading tools' but not sure if it would work. Best is to be careful when screwing into a charger or with attys/cartos/clearos. On chargers stop when the red light comes on and the batt flashes. Just finger snug on attys, etc.

2. I don't like the cutoff either...

3. See:

EGO Battery How-To take apart - YouTube
repair ego battery - YouTube
Ego-C Twist Repair - YouTube

JaneinMesa

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2012
AZ
I took it apart and a piece from the circuit card assy was loose inside the case. Beyond repair or what I can do. I should have been more clear in my last question. I'm looking for another product in lieu of the Spinner. One that is made better.

I like the "twist" for the adjustment better than buttons and a digital readout. I don't like putzying around with this stuff. Had an itaste that never worked and died within a month. One of my KGO batteries just stopped working, but I had that for 6+ mos.

From what I've seen I have to choose between and Joye Ego Twist or the Spinner. Does the Ego Twist have the same problems? Cut off? I was disappointed that a KGO brand VV out there has a 10 sec. cut off!

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
I took it apart and a piece from the circuit card assy was loose inside the case. Beyond repair or what I can do. I should have been more clear in my last question. I'm looking for another product in lieu of the Spinner. One that is made better.

I like the "twist" for the adjustment better than buttons and a digital readout. I don't like putzying around with this stuff. Had an itaste that never worked and died within a month. One of my KGO batteries just stopped working, but I had that for 6+ mos.

From what I've seen I have to choose between and Joye Ego Twist or the Spinner. Does the Ego Twist have the same problems? Cut off? I was disappointed that a KGO brand VV out there has a 10 sec. cut off!

I've never run into the cutoff on the Joye eGo-c Twist. It's solid. The reason some people don't like them is because the volts are hard to read on the end.... I keep mine on the same voltage - 4.5V for my espresso, so it's not a problem. If I were using it for different flavors - I'd get in a good light first :)

bobalex

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
... I'm looking for another product in lieu of the Spinner. One that is made better.

I like the "twist" for the adjustment better than buttons and a digital readout. I don't like putzying around with this stuff.

I have an eGO Twist and the new VV Go-Go, The Fury:

GOGO FURY BATTERY

I am committed to fiddle-free vaping. That's why I chose the 1300 mAh Go-Go Fury as my e-cig of choice. And as far as I know ... I haven't heard of any problems with the Fury. It's like a Ronco/Popiel infomercial. Just Set It and Forget It. A fully charged Fury lasts me a couple of days and the Fury Tanks perform as well as the Mini ViviNova I had on the Twist.

Check It Out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread