Vision Stone BACK IN STOCK- NEW VISION STONE 3 AVAILABLE - Improved Inner well to prevent movement when screwing on, BETTER leakage protection at BASE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rolondo

ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2010
Seattle
no i think its 2

fixed, ill try to get one more batch of them before its cut off form being made
Hey Chris - I have the Stone 2 and have been cleaning these after every 10mls of juice - they are working great and no leaking as long as I only fill about half way - your post sounds like they are gonna stop making the innards for this tank at which point it would be deleted from your site in favor of the stone 3 - I'm having a hard time thinking about having to throw these away when they finally die - Am I reading this right???

Rolondo

ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2010
Seattle
i will do my best to get as many v2 peaces as we can
Hey Bad - why didn't they design the V3 bottom end cap so that it would screw onto the V2??? - Is the threading different? - is the center tube longer or shorter?? - I bought these confident that replacement innards would be available and I would have continued to purchase them - I can't believe that a replacement couldn't be designed to accommodate both tubes - I'm not ready to order right now and just feel that when I am, these will no longer be available - I have no problem tossing spent cartos or fluxos but this one is so cool seems a shame to just toss it in the garbage.

Aunt Cranky

ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2010
Chicagoland
I think that the v2 design is almost impossible to swap out. I was messing with mine and the way it's assembled, looks like the ground wire was soldered to the metal base. You have to replace the whole thing, it's just the way the v2 was designed.

The v3 corrects for this by (I'm guessing) attaching the ground to the little metal curvy bit on the bottom so you can just pull the whole assembly out and replace it. Yeah, I'm sad that I'll have to toss my Stone II after a while, but I can see where the new design improves on the replacement function, and is cheaper to manufacture because you're using less metal (you're really only replacing the center on the III wheras on the II you're replacing the whole base as well.

Just my observation...

Rolondo

ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2010
Seattle
I think that the v2 design is almost impossible to swap out. I was messing with mine and the way it's assembled, looks like the ground wire was soldered to the metal base. You have to replace the whole thing, it's just the way the v2 was designed.

The v3 corrects for this by (I'm guessing) attaching the ground to the little metal curvy bit on the bottom so you can just pull the whole assembly out and replace it. Yeah, I'm sad that I'll have to toss my Stone II after a while, but I can see where the new design improves on the replacement function, and is cheaper to manufacture because you're using less metal (you're really only replacing the center on the III wheras on the II you're replacing the whole base as well.

Just my observation...
I'm not gonna lose any sleep when these have to be trashed when they finally die, just sayin' that the botton cap screws on both versions and there is no reason in the world that the new version couldn't have been designed to screw onto the V2 Tank - in fact, if they had designed it that way then new customers would buy the version 3 and those of us with the 2 would just continue to buy the replacement coils - from an economic standpoint I guess a case could be made that there is more $ to be made this way....not in the customers' favor - it just doesn't look like the 3 represents a groundbreaking design change that would motivate me to want to swap out my stone 2 tanks - I'm just baffled that they didn't think to make the new bottom cap universal - just seems logical to me - fortunately the industry doesn't change the threading on spark plugs every 6 months...OK, that's kind of an "out there" analogy - anyway, I'll probably end up buying a couple 3s in the future - just had to vent - I do welcome any challenge to this logic - thanks for reading

badkolo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
Whitestone , New York USA
i understand you point of view but i dont think thats the case at all, they went form v1 to v3 in 1 and a half months, so in no way are they trying to scam, what your seeing here is china not forward thinking and trying to improve what they have without making new molds, new molds can cost form 3000 to 10,000 a pop per peace that you need and the dilema is you already have 100,000 peaces of each part already.

In each one they have tried to improve, this is a fact, the bases changed form v1 to v2, they added silicone seal to botom and changed to a thicker tube in v2, now in v3 they refined all that even further and made the inside removeable, and all of this in 1 monthand a half, they didnt drag this one for 6 months raking in the cash, they saw your issues and improved on them in a timely manner.

they did this with the stardusts as well and in a timely manner, a month, not 6.

I think the ones that bought the v3 will see that everyting just fits better and works better as well. issues will always arrise but thats what we are here for.

Aunt Cranky

ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2010
Chicagoland
I'm not gonna lose any sleep when these have to be trashed when they finally die, just sayin' that the botton cap screws on both versions and there is no reason in the world that the new version couldn't have been designed to screw onto the V2 Tank - in fact, if they had designed it that way then new customers would buy the version 3 and those of us with the 2 would just continue to buy the replacement coils - from an economic standpoint I guess a case could be made that there is more $ to be made this way....not in the customers' favor - it just doesn't look like the 3 represents a groundbreaking design change that would motivate me to want to swap out my stone 2 tanks - I'm just baffled that they didn't think to make the new bottom cap universal - just seems logical to me - fortunately the industry doesn't change the threading on spark plugs every 6 months...OK, that's kind of an "out there" analogy - anyway, I'll probably end up buying a couple 3s in the future - just had to vent - I do welcome any challenge to this logic - thanks for reading

I've been vaping for more than 2 years now, and have spent a ton of money on badly designed products (*cough* early eGo "tank" models *cough) that I "tossed" after a week or two. I do think that the Gotvapes guys are doing a pretty good job working with the factories to get them to improve the products and provide something that is affordable and reliable.

Buying the Stone II, I would say I was an "early adopter" and bear no sour grapes on the GV guys at all - it was a $10 piece more or less, and I've spent WAY more than that on stuff that didn't last as long. I don't think other vendors are as up-front and honest about their products - some just deal directly with the factory and take what they get. (this is not to say that they are bad vendors - some of them are awesome - they just don't get as involved with the product design)

Anyway, not saying you're not entitled to your opinions - it's cool. I just see it differently than you.

Errol

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2010
Salt lake City, Ut
I've been vaping for more than 2 years now, and have spent a ton of money on badly designed products (*cough* early eGo "tank" models *cough) that I "tossed" after a week or two. I do think that the Gotvapes guys are doing a pretty good job working with the factories to get them to improve the products and provide something that is affordable and reliable.

Buying the Stone II, I would say I was an "early adopter" and bear no sour grapes on the GV guys at all - it was a $10 piece more or less, and I've spent WAY more than that on stuff that didn't last as long. I don't think other vendors are as up-front and honest about their products - some just deal directly with the factory and take what they get. (this is not to say that they are bad vendors - some of them are awesome - they just don't get as involved with the product design)

Anyway, not saying you're not entitled to your opinions - it's cool. I just see it differently than you.

Good points Aunt Cranky. Like you I've spent a lot more and ended up with a lot less. Personally I'm going to wait until I can make an in hands comparison before passing judgment. Would have been nice if V3 parts were designed to fit my V1 but if the V3 works as well for me as the V1 I will be happy knowing I have the extra innards for the future. Did buy some V2 innards so hopefully I can resuscitate my old friend.

Errol

Rolondo

ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2010
Seattle

Really, I wasn't looking for a justification for this design shortcoming ("ego tank, other bad product choices") - I was hoping for a discussion of the fact that this was a poor design upgrade without an end user consideration - if it's $3,000 to 10,000 to create a new mold then why not simply make the new bottom piece universal - If GV and Chris are so involved in product upgrades then why not simply ask the factory to add the removable innards (great idea) and be sure that it will be interchangeable with the previous tank designs (also a great idea)?? - my final rant, will be ordering soon.

badkolo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
Whitestone , New York USA
simply put im in new york and not in china in afactory
while my input is listened to and sometimes used , dont expect every one of my wishes to come true.

but to think they are trying to pin you out of your money is thr wrong assesment, 3 versions in 1 month and a half proves that, you can simply add the reason to why they didnt do it like you mentioned is becuase its china, they do things backwards sometimes.

I understand what your saying rolando and in some cases with other products your points would be 100% valid, and in this case as well your idea is 100% valid, but they didnt do this to keep you coming back for more, or else you would have had v1 for 5 mnths and v2 for 6 before a version 3.

Rolondo

ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2010
Seattle
simply put im in new york and not in china in afactory
while my input is listened to and sometimes used , dont expect every one of my wishes to come true.

but to think they are trying to pin you out of your money is thr wrong assesment, 3 versions in 1 month and a half proves that, you can simply add the reason to why they didnt do it like you mentioned is becuase its china, they do things backwards sometimes.
I understand what your saying rolando and in some cases with other products your points would be 100% valid, and in this case as well your idea is 100% valid, but they didnt do this to keep you coming back for more, or else you would have had v1 for 5 mnths and v2 for 6 before a version 3.
Hey Bad - good point, appreciate it - I keep forgetting that we're still dealing with China.....uh, how could I? - anyway I do appreciate that you guys are really working to keep it fresh by being the leaders in new inovative product - can't tell you how many times I've run across products at other sites long after they were introduced on yours - keep it up, can't wait for the Phoenix line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread