Vision Stone BACK IN STOCK- NEW VISION STONE 3 AVAILABLE - Improved Inner well to prevent movement when screwing on, BETTER leakage protection at BASE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tidegirl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 21, 2011
Panama City, FL
A friend gave me a couple of vision stone tanks - how do I tell if they are V2 or V3?
If you look here on the site at the innards, you will see the difference. II has a solid base that screws onto the tank. III has a spring loaded type thing that fits into the base. There are also some differences between the I and II, but IDK how to tell them apart. VISION Stone 3 - Tank Mod : GotVapes.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more

LordDavon

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2010
Florida
www.discountvapers.com
Who's in Tally? Just curious really, as I am happy with my mod, will be getting my clearos right here, and DIY my juice. But would like to know who is so close to home other than my local shop with decent stuff but bad prices.

Oh, those are computer orders. Not vaping.

SuperLuckyLady

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2011
Austin, TX
If you look here on the site at the innards, you will see the difference. II has a solid base that screws onto the tank. III has a spring loaded type thing that fits into the base. There are also some differences between the I and II, but IDK how to tell them apart. VISION Stone 3 - Tank Mod : GotVapes.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more

Thanks - it looks like I have version 2, although a little hard to tell. Got hold of my friend, who managed to find his original invoice - yep, they're version 2.

Errol

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2010
Salt lake City, Ut
If I order from Tallahassee, it is here the next day. The coast (either one), and it takes a couple days.

Appears to me that most of us are quite satisfied with USPS. Waiting for our toys is what makes it seem slow.

FWIW my V3 is so much better than I remember my V1 being and it was one of my favorites. Same VG juice but it wicks so much better, suppose they came up with a new magic wick? :)

Errol

Errol

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2010
Salt lake City, Ut
i expect in 10 years to 15, usps will be gone and ups and fedex will take over, they dont have to pay 10 years in advance for benefits.

You may well be right but I sure hope not. I won't be around but I hate the idea of it falling by the way side.

BTW Bad how has the "Twin Coil Clearomizer" avoided becoming part of your inventory. It's a near twin to your VISION DEUX Clear Giant 3.5ml but with the two coils. I bought a couple @$3.95 from a competitor and the vape is great but I hated the $5 shipping.

Errol

Last edited:

harmonic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
Desoto, Mo
i wouldn't try plastic killer juice. wont break right away i don't think but

i don't use any killer juice that i know about but i have had the tube frost up all around the threads until there was a crack that followed the threads halfway round the base and it leaks. also some little cracks around the edges like you might expect on a old ce2 type tube. funny part is the rest of the tube is still crystal clear. lets see it had grape and orange and dew grape from gv were the only things i ran through it. i can take a pic if anybody wants to see. i thought about trying to fuse it back together with some solvent like i heard works on the stardust cracks but idk.
hopefully bad has more on the way....

Errol

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2010
Salt lake City, Ut
I got my Stone 3 in the mail today and it is working great!:2cool:

If you have occasion to take the V3 apart you have to be extremely careful as the wire from the coil to the expansion ring that fits in the bottom cap is rigid and just barely long enough to reach the expansion ring tab when everything is in place.

When I tried to unscrew the top to fill it the coil assembly stuck to the top cap and rotated with it pulling the expansion ring loose. In the process of putting things back together after disassemble and cleaning I discovered the center post was just barely catching the threads of the bottom cap and came loose. When attempting to get it threaded back onto the bottom cap the solder connection on the expansion ring tab broke loose.

Had I realized that the center post should be threaded tight which would prevent it rotating with the top cap I could have been more careful and avoided breaking the solder joint. A longer wire like the ones in the V1/V2 would probably have eliminated the problem.

Just pointing out to V3 users to be very careful with the innards of these units, the solder joint is very fragile when maneuvering the expansion ring.

Errol

jdmilla

Apr 13, 2010
FL
The wires have broken off my both V3 innards within a few minutes of each other. I had been using the V3 for 8 days and the gurgling was driving me crazy. I tried to replace the innards but the wires broke off the metal ring from both of them. They are pretty fragile. I carefully moved the ring away from the post while i threaded it to the base. Then while attempting to snap the ring in the base, the wire simply broke off...twice. Pretty frustrating.

Errol

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2010
Salt lake City, Ut
when you put it back together you place the tip of the wire behind the ring so it is sitting between the ring and wall, that should get it working

Hi Bad, On mine the wire was just barely long enough to reach the tab on the expansion ring. Had the wire been as long as those in the V1/V2 a person could make a field connection like you suggest.

Have you checked any of your stock to see if they all have that short a wire? If so it might be something the factory should be made aware of for future releases as I suspect there are going to be a lot of problems as it is.

Errol

Errol

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2010
Salt lake City, Ut
Hi Bad, On mine the wire was just barely long enough to reach the tab on the expansion ring. Had the wire been as long as those in the V1/V2 a person could make a field connection like you suggest.Errol

No comments on the weak solder joint in several days! Has someone found a solution and not bothered to post it?

Errol

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
No comments on the weak solder joint in several days! Has someone found a solution and not bothered to post it?

Errol

Mine are in the trash can! It worked good for a couple of days but that expansion ring is garbage. I had great hope for these but as usual they turn out to be a little different then advertised.:(

Errol

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2010
Salt lake City, Ut
Mine are in the trash can! It worked good for a couple of days but that expansion ring is garbage. I had great hope for these but as usual they turn out to be a little different then advertised.:(

Hate to hear that Tex, they have a great heating coil and surely you have a small soldering iron and solder. Dig it back out of the trash can and save it. I'll be doing a repair soon and will post what I find to be the easiest way to do it.

May even take some pictures if I can ever figure out to to post them with decent visual quality.

Errol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread