Vision Twist 1300 charging problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

catilley1092

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2013
North Carolina, USA
Hi, I got my replacement battery and it works with no problems. I gave the new one to my husband and got a 2200 Ego 2 Twist and it lasts me all day . I

Great to hear! At least you now have peace that your batteries are new & good.

When in your budget, maybe something like an iTaste MVP will be an excellent alternative to an eGo battery, some sites has these on promo for $30 or so. While I like the device, the included top coil tank is plastic & replacement coils are virtually non-rebuildable & expensive. I use my eGo tanks, Kangertech ProTank 2 & DBox Puritanks on it, all uses the same single core Kangertech coils. Plus, the wider chimney (top part of the coil) was an improvement for the Puritank, as it's a large tank, holding 6ml of e-juice when full, the very narrow & short chimney is a bottleneck to the performance of the tank. Personally, I feel the tank was overrated for the price, and had I known of the issues, never would have purchased them at a 'buy one, get one' clearance sale.

Plus there are other alternatives, check out sites for clearance items, the iTaste MVP that I found for $30 was a 1st gen device, yet has a very good battery, capable of delivering up to 400 puffs on the first full charge. The only thing about the device, is it says in the manual that when the light blinks yellow, that's half way down. In reality, that means one needs to get it on a charger ASAP, at best, one may get 15 more puffs from the device before it's spent, though this may be the circuit sensing the battery is too low & cuts off the current to protect the battery. Maybe it's really half way down, just that the manual is incorrect about the battery specs. The way it implies, one has at least a couple of hundred puffs left to go. Still when caught at a great deal, an excellent device & will outlast an eGo battery be far.

Have had mine since Christmas of 2014 & still get between 370 & 390 puffs before the yellow light kicks in. One time, and had I set the device down for a few minutes, would have broke the 400 puff count for the 2nd time since owning it, got to 398 & went yellow. Should have set it down at 395 puffs for 10 minutes & took the last 5 easy.

At any rate, the batteries in the iTaste MVP's are highly advanced, and are designed to last a long time & before I got my Eleaf 100W iStick for $36.95 shipped (a killer deal), it was lasting me all day long.

It's always best to have spares & this includes chargers. Chargers for many eGo devices can be found on eBay for less than $4 shipped, sometimes two for $5 & US sellers. A wall socket (AC) to USB adapter can be had for $1 at Dollar Tree, and many computers has a USB charging function that's enabled in the BIOS (or UEFI firmware on newer models). There's usually one port that this will apply to & will charge, even when the computer is shut completely down. This type of charge is just as effective as any, and it's best not to 'vape & charge', even if the manual says one can. The battery needs to be otherwise resting while charging, not being heated during the process, and will help prolong the life of the battery.

Cat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread